Assaulted

Dervin

Guest
Whilst I was cycling some kids in a suped up corsa pulled next to me and
one of them started soaking me with water. They then drove off and 10
yards down the road stopped at red lights.

I was about to catch up with them but I figured anything I did might end
up with me being in trouble. So I just carried on.

I ended up turning round and going to the police station and tell. I got
the usual bollocks that I know won't get followed up. She even said she
would get an officer to look into it and give them a talking to. But get
this, she took no details and went back to her chair. I offered details
and she wrote them down but I've got a good idea where they'll be filed.

What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:19:18 GMT
Dervin <[email protected]> wrote:

> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window
> rolled down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

Empty a bidon in his lap?

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:19:18 +0000, Dervin wrote:

> Whilst I was cycling some kids in a suped up corsa pulled next to me and
> one of them started soaking me with water. They then drove off and 10
> yards down the road stopped at red lights.
>
> I was about to catch up with them but I figured anything I did might end
> up with me being in trouble. So I just carried on.
>
> I ended up turning round and going to the police station and tell. I got
> the usual bollocks that I know won't get followed up. She even said she
> would get an officer to look into it and give them a talking to. But get
> this, she took no details and went back to her chair. I offered details
> and she wrote them down but I've got a good idea where they'll be filed.
>
> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

Yeah, don't you just hate all those small cars (usually white or red) with
the giant tail pipe outlet and the boom boom "music" system. Dickheads
all of them.

--
___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
/ _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /

On 06/06/2008 21:19, Dervin said,

> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

I would have been very tempted to empty my water bottle into his lap!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:19:18 +0000, Dervin wrote:

> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

I'm sure the police would have been a bit more interested if you did.
Although your defence to that would be "well you weren't going to do
anything about it".

Maybe you should try and get a complaint registered against the person you
spoke to. If the water had got in your eyes and temporarily blinded you
it could have ended in a very nasty accident and they should at least be
recording such things.

peter

Dervin wrote:
> Whilst I was cycling some kids in a suped up corsa pulled next to me and
> one of them started soaking me with water. They then drove off and 10
> yards down the road stopped at red lights.
>
> I was about to catch up with them but I figured anything I did might end
> up with me being in trouble. So I just carried on.
>
> I ended up turning round and going to the police station and tell. I got
> the usual bollocks that I know won't get followed up. She even said she
> would get an officer to look into it and give them a talking to. But get
> this, she took no details and went back to her chair. I offered details
> and she wrote them down but I've got a good idea where they'll be filed.
>
> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

Squirted with water by some kids on a summer's day! Why don't the police
take these things more seriously. It is almost as bad as the winter that
I had snowballs thrown at me.

"Dervin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whilst I was cycling some kids in a suped up corsa pulled next to me and
> one of them started soaking me with water. They then drove off and 10
> yards down the road stopped at red lights.
>
> I was about to catch up with them but I figured anything I did might end
> up with me being in trouble. So I just carried on.
>
> I ended up turning round and going to the police station and tell. I got
> the usual bollocks that I know won't get followed up. She even said she
> would get an officer to look into it and give them a talking to. But get
> this, she took no details and went back to her chair. I offered details
> and she wrote them down but I've got a good idea where they'll be filed.
>
> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

Nowt much the Poilce will do as you've said. The other option if you really
want justice is a private prosecution. A few years ago a workmate did
something similar. A youth threw a beer can from a car and hit his car -
very little damage was done, just a few scratches. Police didn't want to do
anything. So he hired a Private detective (I think) and claimed all expenses
(loss of wages etc) and costs and claimed £50 repair damage to car, total
was over £400 and won. The driver didn't even turn up for court and got a
nasty suprise when a bailiff arrived ;-)

In your case was it water? Did it not ruin your clothes and you need a whole
new outfit. Better still, was you're feelings hurt? If so you're inline for
at least a few thousand £'s compensation.

Jhimmy

"Dervin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whilst I was cycling some kids in a suped up corsa pulled next to me and
> one of them started soaking me with water. They then drove off and 10
> yards down the road stopped at red lights.
>
> I was about to catch up with them but I figured anything I did might end
> up with me being in trouble. So I just carried on.
>
> I ended up turning round and going to the police station and tell. I got
> the usual bollocks that I know won't get followed up. She even said she
> would get an officer to look into it and give them a talking to. But get
> this, she took no details and went back to her chair. I offered details
> and she wrote them down but I've got a good idea where they'll be filed.
>
> What would anyone else do in this situation. He even had his window rolled
> down and I could have reached in and smacked him one.

I would wait a week then go back to the police station for an update on
progress.

If they don't know what you are talking about and are unable to find the
details you gave them (registration number etc) you should ask them to
explain their complaints procedure to you and make use of it.
The police do seem to forget that they are there to serve law abiding people
whether they think they have time or not. When someone advises them that a
crime has been committed they are bound to follow it up.

On Sat, 7 Jun, Schrodinger's cat <[email protected]> wrote:

> When someone advises them that a
> crime has been committed they are bound to follow it up.

Actually, no.

They get to decide if it was a crime or not, and act accordingly.
Thus, when I was deliberately run off the road, which I reported as
attempted murder, despite having a number of witnesses to the
collision and having the number plate from me and one witness, and
despite me requiring hospital treatment for the injuries, and despite
the van not stopping, the police decided it was a traffic accident and
did not register it as a crime - there was no crime number and no