Re: Feeling Quite Chuffed

Paul Boyd

Guest
Dave said the following on 09/06/2008 09:45:

> In the end I did a round trip of 82 miles in 8 hours and 10 mins thus
> setting myself a new record.
>
> I realise that this is not as far as some of you ride and that the terrain
> is quite flat so no real hills but non the less I am quite chuffed.

But did you lose the 6 stone? ;-)

Seriously, that is not a bad achievement at all, especially as you've
effectively only been cycling for two years.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul Boyd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dave said the following on 09/06/2008 09:45:
>
>> In the end I did a round trip of 82 miles in 8 hours and 10 mins thus
>> setting myself a new record.
>>
>> I realise that this is not as far as some of you ride and that the
>> terrain is quite flat so no real hills but non the less I am quite
>> chuffed.

> But did you lose the 6 stone? ;-)

My problem is that I love food - so last year I was within 2 pounds of 6 and
a half stone loss, but I have put some on again and am currently 5 and a
half down and quite steady.

I do need to get my head round not snacking for the sake of it though.

> Seriously, that is not a bad achievement at all, especially as you've
> effectively only been cycling for two years.

Dave

"Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Paul Boyd <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>Dave said the following on 09/06/2008 09:45:

>>> In the end I did a round trip of 82 miles in 8 hours and 10 mins thus
>>> setting myself a new record.
>>>
>>> I realise that this is not as far as some of you ride and that the
>>> terrain
>>> is quite flat so no real hills but non the less I am quite chuffed.

>>But did you lose the 6 stone? ;-)

>>Seriously, that is not a bad achievement at all, especially as you've
>>effectively only been cycling for two years.

> Well done!
> And if you want to ride further how about a multi day trip?

I have done that - but it was not part of my day total ride. When I did the
70 miles Easter 2007 I did the other 57 the following day.

As I am at work during the day too it is sometimes difficult. I did the 82
on Sunday, I did 22 on Monday evening then 19 last night. I will not have
any more time until Saturday or Sunday again though.

Dave