Alprazolam/Xanax

J And B 50

Guest
I've been taking .5mg once a day for years. Now, because of upcoming major abdominal surgery, I
figure it's a good time to quit. I took it at bedtime to help me sleep, which it did. For the last
four days I've cut the pill in half, which I figure to do for 7-10 days and then cut the half into
quarters for about another week. This isn't easy stuff to quit, I'm finding out. I'd appreciate any
info. that you may have.

jim b.

[email protected] (J and b 50) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I've been taking .5mg once a day for years. Now, because of upcoming major abdominal surgery, I
> figure it's a good time to quit. I took it at bedtime to help me sleep, which it did. For the last
> four days I've cut the pill in half, which I figure to do for 7-10 days and then cut the half into
> quarters for about another week. This isn't easy stuff to quit, I'm finding out. I'd appreciate
> any info. that you may have.

I have been taking ATIVA, which is what I was told a sub-branch of APRAZOLAM, for sleep due to my
tinnitus but it is not easy to quit. What I do is increase the amount of herb capsules(used to calm
down the nerve) I use in conjunction with ATIVA, and trim ATIVA _very gradually_. I think cutting
1/2 right away is too ambitious. You might trim it a bit by a bit over a long period of time.

It was the choice between the lesser of the two devils and at this time I wonder if I have chosen
the smaller one.

Rdg.,

FP

> jim b.

Thanks for your answer, im down to 1/4 of a dose now, if i can keep it there for a couple of weeks,
i can quit in time for the surgery, i hope.

[email protected] (J and b 50) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks for your answer, im down to 1/4 of a dose now, if i can keep it there for a couple of
> weeks, i can quit in time for the surgery, i hope.

Kindly tell me your secret of cutting it down. Currently i am on .5mg of ATIVAN. The way I do it is
use substitute while trimming it down. How about yours?

FP

"francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (J and b 50) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I've been taking .5mg once a day for years. Now, because of upcoming
major
> > abdominal surgery, I figure it's a good time to quit. I took it at
bedtime to
> > help me sleep, which it did. For the last four days I've cut the pill in
half,
> > which I figure to do for 7-10 days and then cut the half into quarters
for
> > about another week. This isn't easy stuff to quit, I'm finding out. I'd appreciate any info.
> > that you may have.
>
> I have been taking ATIVA, which is what I was told a sub-branch of APRAZOLAM, for sleep due to
> my tinnitus but it is not easy to quit. What I do is increase the amount of herb capsules(used
> to calm down the nerve) I use in conjunction with ATIVA, and trim ATIVA _very gradually_. I
> think cutting 1/2 right away is too ambitious. You might trim it a bit by a bit over a long
> period of time.
>
> It was the choice between the lesser of the two devils and at this time I wonder if I have chosen
> the smaller one.
>
> Rdg.,
>
> FP
> >
> > jim b.

Don't believe the scare stories, I have never taken it but i'm postive ativan can be quit pretty
easily over 4-6 months using a tapering schedule online, or one designed yourself.

If you start experiencing severe depression and/or suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor or
hospital immediately!

Brad

[email protected] (Brad Wilson) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> If you start experiencing severe depression and/or suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor or
> hospital immediately!

So many of us are actually drug addicts!

FP

> Brad

I have been on Alprazolam for 10 years for panic disorder and anxiety. I am still on the same dosage that I was ten years ago and I am definitely sure that drug companies differ in their drug production. Whenever I pick up a prescription and the pharmacy tells me it's &quot;just a different company&quot;, the red flag goes up. The oval shaped 1 mg. tablet just does not work as well at the round 1 mg. tablet.

Find more info: http://www.xanaxalprazolam.net/