or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Rasmussen out of the tour!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rasmussen out of the tour!!! - Page 3  

post #31 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

WBT, Yes.

How much longer til the Vuelta?
post #32 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
Question is: Will Contador wear yellow tomorrow ? I don't think he should....... I like his style but you really can't declare a winner from this years race....
Agreed
post #33 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Loto
I agree. There aren't any winners this year. Nada.

The chicken should be punished for being the worse lier I've ever seen... he needs to go to the Virenque/Armstrong school of acting........ well done for the Danish cycling federation for hanging on to the news until the Tour when the bomb had the most impact....... vive la Tour ! or is that viva le destroying cycling.....
post #34 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
Question is: Will Contador wear yellow tomorrow ? I don't think he should....... I like his style but you really can't declare a winner from this years race....
Too right you can't. This is a total shambles. How the disco fangirls/boys can celebrate, I really can't understand.
post #35 of 455
Thread Starter 

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilesiii
This is crazy stuff!!!

What a wasted 2 1/2 weeks. I hope he is getting tossed for a reason other than the recent news stories. I hope this is based on something new. Why let it go this far? This whole thing is in dissaray.
It is based on something new. He claimed he missed his out of competition tests since he was training in Mexico. But it turns out that he was training in the countryside of the dolomiten (dont know if thats the name in english as well but its an area in italy).

Him lying about his whereabouts was the last straw for his team and they decided to pull him out.

And now the power cord on my adapter also melted so I am out of power on my laptop soon. Guess my laptop was also suprised..
post #36 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Holy ****, what a mess. Maybe we do see the cleanest TdF after all ... when all the teams have retired.
post #37 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

I really hope that this is not true - seriously unless they haven't realeased something yet the only reason for pulling him would be his missing some out of season tests (for which he has already been punished) and rumors spread by a mt. biking collegue of his. If it comes to pulling riders out because someone *says* that they saw something, heard something, whatever - what kind of chaos would that cause! ANYONE could start a rumor to get any other rider that they wanted pulled from a race. Heck, at least riders wouldn't have to dope, they could take all the money they are saving not buying EPO and use if for bribes instead.

I'll say disarray - the officals obviously don't trust their own anti cheating measures if they act on rumor and innuendo
post #38 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Why in THE hell did they let him start the Tour? If people get turned off cycling this year, it is not because the teams are doping; it is because they are STUPID. I thought politicians were stupid, but these guys take the cake. I think the drugs they do cause brain damage.

(
post #39 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Toledo
Not with Cadel only breathing down his neck @ 1:53, he can pull that back in the TT if there is no change to the time gaps.
If Cadel moves up from #4 on today's stage to #3, Contador moves from #3 to #2, and Levi moves from #2 to #1, Levi will particularly benefit from inching closer to Cadel.

Don't forgot Cadel probably found today's stage a lot harder climbing wise than Alberto.
post #40 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Utah
WBT, Yes.

How much longer til the Vuelta?
Looking forward to it...... vino rode so well there... oh scrap that.... I remember when Heres.. of scrap that.... I mean I remember when David Miller TT'd oh scrap that... I mean I remember when Hamilton... oh scrap that... when Landis oh scrap that.. I mean when Ullrich oh scrap that...... the Vuelta is just as bad ! ummmmmmm whats happening on the Pro Continental Tour ? Any Masters races ? Any junior races going on ? Do woman dope ? any races going on with the chics ? anything anything.....
post #41 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Geraint Thomas, first British Tour winner?
post #42 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden
I really hope that this is not true - seriously unless they haven't realeased something yet the only reason for pulling him would be his missing some out of season tests (for which he has already been punished) and rumors spread by a mt. biking collegue of his. If it comes to pulling riders out because someone *says* that they saw something, heard something, whatever - what kind of chaos would that cause! ANYONE could start a rumor to get any other rider that they wanted pulled from a race. Heck, at least riders wouldn't have to dope, they could take all the money they are saving not buying EPO and use if for bribes instead.

I'll say disarray - the officals obviously don't trust their own anti cheating measures if they act on rumor and innuendo
They have a recording of him saying he's is in Italy !
post #43 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

**** this, im not gonna watch the tour anymore this year. What an absolute waste of 2 weeks. If contador wins i will be physically sick.
post #44 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

More news coming out

Rasmussen pulled out of Tour

Yellow jersey Michael Rasmussen (Rabobank) will not start Stage 17 of the Tour de France Thursday morning.

Team manager Theo DeRooy has withdrawn the maillot jaune from the Tour de France, allegedly because Rasmussen lied to the Rabobank team as to his true whereabouts when he missed his out of competition tests in June.

DeRooy will not withdraw the entire team, but will allow the riders to choose to start the stage tomorrow.

Stay tuned to Cyclingnews for more information as the story develops.
post #45 of 455

Re: Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectum
It is based on something new. He claimed he missed his out of competition tests since he was training in Mexico. But it turns out that he was training in the countryside of the dolomiten (dont know if thats the name in english as well but its an area in italy)..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolomites

The Dolomite mountains... lovely part of the world... WBT goes there to un-wind from the stresses of cyclingforums.......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Cycling
This thread is locked  
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Rasmussen out of the tour!!!