or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shimano or Campagnolo

post #1 of 5
Ronald wrote:

> Veloce, and use the hubs to build a set of handbuild wheels with rims like Mavic CXP33, Mavic Open
> Pro ,Velocity Aerohead etc.
>
> "Guy" <gupe@pandora.be> wrote in message newshXS9.827$ym5.107@afrodite.telenet-ops.be...
>> I am going to buy a new racebike.Which group should I take ? Shimano
> Tiagra
>> or Campagnolo Veloce. Which wheels ? Campagnolo Scirocco , Shimano 540 , FIR Raund ,......
>>
>> Thanks

Staya way from all things Tiagra. If you are goign to go Shimano, go with 105 at the very least.
Ultegra would be a better upgrade, IMO. ANything Mavic is a good wheel choice. Many rave about the
CXP33 rims.

You have not mentioend what you are looking to pay for this bike. Typically, a soild race bike
will run you about $1100.00 hear in Oregon. That is for a Shimano 105 equipped bike with Mavic
Open Pro wheels.

Joe Cipale
--

Pursuant to U.S. code,title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon
State Law, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting

Re: Shimano or Campagnolo

Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual
quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed
at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of
blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual
quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed
at the unusual quantities of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual
quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed
at the unusual quantities of blood.

Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual
quantities of blood.Passersby were amazed at the unusual quantities of blood!

App
post #3 of 5

Re: Shimano or Campagnolo

just a thought, but i found the shimano lever unit far more comfortable than the campag i now have.

panda

"Guy" <gupe@pandora.be> wrote in message newshXS9.827$ym5.107@afrodite.telenet-ops.be...
> I am going to buy a new racebike.Which group should I take ? Shimano
Tiagra
> or Campagnolo Veloce. Which wheels ? Campagnolo Scirocco , Shimano 540 , FIR Raund ,......
>
> Thanks
post #4 of 5

Re: Shimano or Campagnolo

gupe-<< I am going to buy a new racebike.Which group should I take ? Shimano Tiagra or Campagnolo
Veloce. Which wheels ? Campagnolo Scirocco , Shimano 540 , FIR Raund ,......
>><BR><BR>

Veloce with a set of hand built wheels. Campagnolo for convertibility(8s/9s or10s), ease of
maintenance of the levers, cross compatibility, overall duability, price. Hand built wheels for
durability, long term service, etc.

post #5 of 5

Re: Shimano or Campagnolo

In article <cdde9293.0301140531.5dbc9384@posting.google.com>, Gocycle@optonline.net (GoCycle) wrote:

> "Guy" <gupe@pandora.be> wrote in message news:<DhXS9.827$ym5.107@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>...
> > I am going to buy a new racebike.Which group should I take ? Shimano Tiagra or Campagnolo
> > Veloce. Which wheels ? Campagnolo Scirocco , Shimano 540 , FIR Raund ,......
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Campagnolo Breaks In
>
> ShimaNO Breaks Down

Dude, you forgot "Steel is real!"