or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum - Page 2

post #16 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klodifan
"...a stronger and better america?"

anyone but hillary.
Yes, stronger. By vowing not to spy on anyone, tap anyone's phones, detain anyone, fight anyone, hurt anyone's feelings, and of course, promising to lead the War on Cancer.
post #17 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
Recently I attended a LAF/Lance Armstrong forum that showcased several of the Democratic Presidential canidates, primarily Hilary and Edwards. LA moderated the debate which brings cancer into the campaign as a issue.This was a forum that was nationally televised. The debate seemed to be centered around Hilary and her *attempt at national health care during Bill's terms. And the use of "powerful interest groups" was a hot topic too......
Even though LA and John Edwards shared the road on a bike ride here last month, he was keeping his distance from getting involved in a single canidates campaign. He is also a friend of Bill Clintons as they both hang out together occasionally. Together they toured the 9/11 site shortly after the event took place.

It just seems that LA has taken himself beyond pro cycling. His committment to cancer fundraising and such makes him a humanitarian rarely seen in other cyclists. What a refreshing change seeing a world class cyclist that is making the news for something else other the being involved with Fuentes lab in Spain.



* It can be argued this was the reason for the demise of the 28 year Democratic rule of the House.
Great post. I take back anything bad I may have said about you.
post #18 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns1400
Yes, stronger. By vowing not to spy on anyone, tap anyone's phones, detain anyone, fight anyone, hurt anyone's feelings, and of course, promising to lead the War on Cancer.
hahaha!
post #19 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Positives
Great post. I take back anything bad I may have said about you.
and with that, this thread has entered bizzaro world...
post #20 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
* It can be argued this was the reason for the demise of the 28 year Democratic rule of the House.
It probably was. I don't want this socialism. I want good doctors who make a lot of money and are willing to invest the time it takes to become good. Ask any rich person from a country that has national health care where they go for surgery. I bet it's America.
post #21 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klodifan
and with that, this thread has entered bizzaro world...
It's a short trip!
post #22 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

They dressed up the drug cheater in a nice suit complete with pancake makeup. He looked like any Hollywood stiff.

Chris Matthews did all the moderating. Armstrong was there as a prop and as a Nike sneaker posterboy. He is a poser. Pharmstrong cannot cure Cancer, nor can he help John Edwards with his bullhorn handlebar adjustment.

LIVE WRONG needs to sell amidst a massive doping fraud.

Cheat to win. Swoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfix
Recently I attended a LAF/Lance Armstrong forum that showcased several of the Democratic Presidential canidates, primarily Hilary and Edwards. LA moderated the debate which brings cancer into the campaign as a issue.This was a forum that was nationally televised. The debate seemed to be centered around Hilary and her *attempt at national health care during Bill's terms. And the use of "powerful interest groups" was a hot topic too......
Even though LA and John Edwards shared the road on a bike ride here last month, he was keeping his distance from getting involved in a single canidates campaign. He is also a friend of Bill Clintons as they both hang out together occasionally. Together they toured the 9/11 site shortly after the event took place.

It just seems that LA has taken himself beyond pro cycling. His committment to cancer fundraising and such makes him a humanitarian rarely seen in other cyclists. What a refreshing change seeing a world class cyclist that is making the news for something else other the being involved with Fuentes lab in Spain.



* It can be argued this was the reason for the demise of the 28 year Democratic rule of the House.
post #23 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Loto
What is so wrong with nationalised health care?
There isn't enough room on the server to write it all down.
post #24 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Positives
Great post. I take back anything bad I may have said about you.
oh oh wolfix, watch it you got youself a stalker er admirer
post #25 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Positives
It probably was. I don't want this socialism. I want good doctors who make a lot of money and are willing to invest the time it takes to become good. Ask any rich person from a country that has national health care where they go for surgery. I bet it's America.
The rich folk get on fine just about everywhere. The true yardstick of health care is the outcome for poor folk. It might offend your star spangled perspective but Cuba has among the very best primary healthcare in the world. At the other end of the GDP scale Sweden, amongst others, has long operated a mixed model of social healthcare that is regarded as superior to nearly all other systems in terms of its outcomes.
The US certainly has some of the best hospitals, physicians and research anywhere but its general healthcare delivery is nothing to be proud of. As it happens, I'm just off to get fixed up by our (nearly) wonderful, social model NHS. I might have to wait a bit, but with all it's imperfections I never have to worry about paying a thing.
Selective myopia, again, Ma.
post #26 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Oh, and in case you ask, no, it's not for mental problems. Though if I am subjected to any more of your brain rotting drivel I might have to have my sanity re-evaluated.
post #27 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns1400
How long until ambulance-chasing John Edwards declares that "if you elect me, there WILL be a cure for cancer.."
I am from NC, and while I do not support him, he made most of his money off of several serious cases, one of the main ones being the death of a child who was disemboweled when she was sucked onto a malfunctioning pool pump. She died from her injuries, the pump company was aware of the malfunction as there had been other injuries, and if your child had died in this manner, you would go screaming for just such an attorney. He also was involved in a case in which several workers were burned to death because their employer had chained emergency exits closed. I am sure as they were suffering one of the most horrific deaths one can face, they were hoping that nobody would get an attorney and sue.

Political debate in our country has become so debased by statements such as yours that I have a hard time not moving to Canada. BTW, try to take away their government healthcare and see what happens.

Ron Paul '08! (even though he doesn't support national healthcare, he appears at this point to be the only honest person running for president, other than Kucinich....but sorry, no way. His wife is pretty hot however???!!!)
post #28 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdroptop
There isn't enough room on the server to write it all down.
And you still wouldn't convince me that someone without healthcare is better off in our system with no healthcare.

As wealthy as our nation has become, you will have a hard time convincing me that providing for basic needs such as helathcare is not the job of our government.

It amazes me when people such as yourself tout all of the negatives of the systems of other countries, when if you were to take away those systems in those countries, there would be riots. It is dishonest political discourse, but not unexpected from many in both parties.

And dont even start with the negatives of "entitlement" pograms because the Republican Party has subsidized american corporations to the point that anyone claiming some superior position in regards to programs for the poor is being not just dishonest, but immoral.
post #29 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Loto
What is so wrong with nationalised health care?
Nothing. There's needs to be a mix. The government shouldn't be paying for health care for working Americans. That should be the responsibility of medium-to-big business. The government should provide health care for the poor, indigent and working poor. People over a certain income should pay for their own.

It's an over-used argument, but really, should we be planning missions to Mars when we face these types of social issues on this planet? Should we be rebuilding another country when one of our greatest cities lays in ruin?
post #30 of 319

Re: Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtforfood
And you still wouldn't convince me that someone without healthcare is better off in our system with no healthcare.

As wealthy as our nation has become, you will have a hard time convincing me that providing for basic needs such as helathcare is not the job of our government.

It amazes me when people such as yourself tout all of the negatives of the systems of other countries, when if you were to take away those systems in those countries, there would be riots. It is dishonest political discourse, but not unexpected from many in both parties.

And dont even start with the negatives of "entitlement" pograms because the Republican Party has subsidized american corporations to the point that anyone claiming some superior position in regards to programs for the poor is being not just dishonest, but immoral.
Agreed.

An equitable distribution of wealth, which includes access to the best health care, should be the objective of all progressive societies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Cycling
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Armstrong moderated Presidential campaign forum