or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!! - Page 2

post #16 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Here's the deal lads.

If you didn't po'st here, ple' (http://tinyurl.com/2855au)ase feel free
to hold off on the crit, k?

This company went out there and put the highest spec, off the shelf,
big-wheel uni on the market and all you guys can do is nitpick and
complain?

I'm not suggesting that you 'have' to like it, but please bear in mind
that these people came to 'us' to ask for our input while they were
developing this uni. This machine, while it may not be every
long-distance rider's wet-dream, is likely to do more for the sport of
distance unicycling than anything else to hit the market in the past 20
years.

And the only other thing to hit this market in the past twenty years
and have an appreciable impact was the 36" pneumatic tyre, made by...?
Yeah.

A little respect goes a long way.

I also don't quite understand how you can complain about the frame
'adding weight'.
Is it the 'Hunter frame' that people have been singing folk-songs
about?
And that also involves four pillars reaching from the seat-post down to
the bearing housing?
Just in a slightly different configuration?
Odd that...

There is also mention of a new ribbed tyre, for more pleasure,
obviously, so we can hold off on crit about the tyre for the time
being.

All together now..."We Love You Coker Tyre Company, We Do...

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #17 of 87

maestro8 wrote:
> I'm curious as to how an extra 12 spokes gets everyone's panties in a
> bunch. The added weight is, what, about 100g?

Please remind me that you are also on the "Beer List".

Joseppi wrote:
> Mouse and I weren't members of the forum when that thread was posted.
> Bear in mind, my criticism is of that unicycle, not the Coker company.
> Maybe calm down a bit? Everyone gets to have an opinion...

Weren't members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river...

And I'm not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the
history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #18 of 87

Joseppi wrote:
> Mouse and I weren't members of the forum when that thread was posted.
> Bear in mind, my criticism is of that unicycle, not the Coker company.
> Maybe calm down a bit? Everyone gets to have an opinion...

Weren't members?
Pardon me while I cry you a river...

And I'm not begrudging you that opinion.
I am however DEMANDING that you have that opinion with reference to the
history and the development of unicycling.

If you need some background, just hit that SEARCH button.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #19 of 87

Joseppi wrote:
> Maybe calm down a bit?

I made not a single hard and fast comment about people's reactions.

I "suggested", "feel free", "please bear in mind", "is likely to be"
and "didn't quite understand", my way thru that post.

If that isn't circumspectly enough for your 19-year old wisdom, may I
respectfully request that you fvck right off?

Just thought I'd ask.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #20 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

I'm OK with extra weight when there's a real benefit, but there isn't
really one here. Also, extra spokes add extra cost. If you were to buy
spokes at retail to build your own wheel, this would be an extra $24.

I've never heard of an allow 36" rim tacoing, especially not with a
wide hub.

Are you going to start another "weight weenie" thread?

--
mscalisi

><> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><

http://www.usenet.com
post #21 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Nicely said Gild! I look at the new Coker and positively drool and I
have never ridden a 36" I will be first in line for this uni when it
comes out. And I'll bet anyone Terry will buy one!! (Except Terry, he
wouldn't just to win the bet )

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
http://www.usenet.com
post #22 of 87

mscalisi wrote:

> I've never heard of an alloy 36" rim tacoing, especially not with a
> wide hub.

May I introduce you to Brian McKenzie?

Munivision wrote:
> I have never ridden a 36"

Make a plan.
It is absolutely WOW!

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #23 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Sorry mate, I meant no harm but can see how you could read a tantrum
into my post.

Peace?

And miles and miles of Cokering?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #24 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

A superwide hub is nice for off-road cokering, but I wonder how wide
"superwide" is. Anyone knows? The 3" we saw earlier probably indeed
refers to flange diameter as someone surmised. A superwide hub might be
on the wide side for touring.

--
Klaas Bil
http://www.usenet.com
post #25 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

Quote from Terry:"I'm just really happy with my radial 36 as it brings
me more joy and happiness than any woman ever has! "
Wow! Have you ever been dating the wrong women!!

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
http://www.usenet.com
post #26 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

I think that uni looks great. Unlike most people here (or maybe just the
more vocal ones) I LIKE the idea of a 48 spoke 36" wheel. If I could
get that rim by itself I would lace it to a UDC 48 spoke hub and have a
wheel that has lateral stiffness increased by 6% assuming equal spoke
tension and 29mm less Q-factor. The lightness of the rim plus the
weight of the spokes pretty much puts it on par with an airfoil setup
as I described in 'this thread' (http://tinyurl.com/3aj5h8)

I think I would be very happy with this setup, an even stronger wheel
than my current airfoil/super-wide setup with the weight staying
virtually the same and a much more natural feeling hub.

My two bits

ERIC

--
saskatchewanian

The Coker isn't elegant, it's majestic
http://www.usenet.com
post #27 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

I dont like Cokers really. I think i would rather buy a bicycle

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #28 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

the freeride looks really nice...if i had a muni i think i would get one

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #29 of 87

isaac steiner wrote:
> I dont like Cokers really. I think i would rather buy a bicycle

Have you ever ridden one?

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla

Brian O. wrote:

> brendan wrote:
> >
> > when i flex both arms one looks puny next to the other. Mind you it was
> > that way after years of badminton...

> And maybe playing a little too much with the shuttlecock as well?
> Hmm?

http://www.usenet.com
post #30 of 87

Re: New Coker, Final Pics and everything!!!

i know i havent but i just dont like the thought. Im sure i will have
one some day

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*