or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trials Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

mornish wrote:

> also, how do you guys commit to sidehops?
>
> I have a bad habit of wimping out.

Sidehops as in ups or gaps? You shouldn't wimp out on ups, really, its
just you make it or you don't, you can't get too hurt.

Gaps can be scary. Just kinda picture yourself making it. Try leaning
so far before the take off that you think you will fall, this will make
sure you clear the gap well. You can also hang about 1/4-1/2 of your
tire off the edge of whatever you're gapping from to give you that
extra inch. Sometimes knowing you have that little extra room for error
makes all the difference.

--
maximus unius

dunawan wrote:
> usually always

http://www.usenet.com
post #17 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

Ive got 137s and boy they are nice...I think anything between 135-145
would be good for trials.

I really like this thread as a Trials Rider not a Street.

When I am about to hop 54cm the ledge doesnt look that bad and then I
do it. And then I look at 60cm and I think I cant do that. I think my
problem is i need to tuck up to my butt more...But I dont know how???

--
isaac steiner

*'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

'*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #18 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

Try not to think of it is a 60cm ledge, just think of it as a ledge.

That helped me with pallets, mainly from going from up-4 to up-5. It
was always, going to jump up 5 pallets, which in my mind, made a big
difference from 4.

So, I just looked at it as one ledge. I am going to jump up that ledge.
No numbers involved, no difference from anything else I have done
before, it was just another ledge.

After thinking that, I got it.

So with the right mentality and practice, it will help a lot.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #19 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

gaps are the scariest of anything I do. i hate them, and love them at
the same time. I know i can gap 9 foot on flat ground, but if there is
something that has over a 1 foot drop i have trouble convincing myself
to do it.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
post #20 of 146

skrobo wrote:
> gaps are the scariest of anything I do. i hate them, and love them at
> the same time. I know i can gap 9 foot on flat ground, but if there is
> something that has over a 1 foot drop i have trouble convincing myself
> to do it.

EDITTOOLATE:if something has a 1 foot drop and is 6 foot or
more(estimate)

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
post #21 of 146

TrialsUni wrote:
> How about some trials pics?
>
> It's hard to guage just how high the hop is, but it's about 3 feet.
>
> (I'm posting this for any beginners wondering what the apex of a good
> side-hop looks like. This is an example of good tucking).

From that angle, it looks like you jumped higher than the house.

--
fatlardboy13

"only a fool would quote this quote"
http://www.usenet.com
post #22 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

Well folks the NUMBER ONE /Omero numero trials question NATTY OR URBAN?!
Dun dun dun!

--
wickedbob

R.I.P JOHNNY HART[/B]
[B]R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

harper wrote:
> Maybe the police used a lower than usual voltage. They might have had
> their TASERs set on "annoy" rather than "stun." No one has reported on
> this important detail. Why are details like this omitted?

http://www.usenet.com
post #23 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

I find natural to take a lot more skill than urban. All the rocks, never
really on any flat, smooth surfaces, roots, odd angles to even mount
on. I find it to be so much more technical.

And after doing natural riding, going back into the city to ride is
just all easier, even skinny stuff becomes more natural to ride and hop
on.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #24 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

Exactly. I love natty when I get the chance. Logs, rocks, stumps,
stones, sloped angles I love it.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P JOHNNY HART[/B]
[B]R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

harper wrote:
> Maybe the police used a lower than usual voltage. They might have had
> their TASERs set on "annoy" rather than "stun." No one has reported on
> this important detail. Why are details like this omitted?

http://www.usenet.com
post #25 of 146

Danni wrote:
> Of course he jumps higher than the house. A house can't jump... duh .
>
> Skrobo, unless you haven't beaten your old record (which was very big)
> you really don't need to plaster every thread with this 9ft bull****.
> Everyone KNOWS that you did 9ft+. Don't need to bring it up at every
> debate; learn to be a bit less cocky like Ryan A, or Luke C. It might
> make you feel good to stroke your ego at every possible opportunity,
> but it isn't very enjoyable for us viewers. Telling others that you
> should *obviously* be the best candidate to test part/s, because of so
> and so, this and this, and look at the size of my penis, really lowers
> my respect of you.
>
> I thought that the bible taught things more important than premarital
> sex.

Well written I was thinking almost the exact same. Shame he is probably
too full of himselft and will probably just ignore this.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

*)--360--O* The Unispin Elite

)---'O, Crankflip
my 'videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/c011in9s)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'video tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
http://www.usenet.com
post #26 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

New world record by Fabian Mark 116.5cm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWom1lUpbf8

--
isaac steiner
http://www.usenet.com
post #27 of 146

isaac steiner wrote:
> New world record by Fabian Mark 116.5cm!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWom1lUpbf8

From
July 24.
its old new world record.
As far as trial i am getting more into it but i need a new uni so i
don't bend my cranks even more so i can still use the 24" onces i get
my trials uni.

--
qhxakg

If somebody tells you your tricks are gay, ask them if they are an
expert in gay trickery.
-Ivan-
http://www.usenet.com
post #28 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

trials is the best. i hate practicing street so i stick to trials and i
build wat i ride to so i dont have to travel far to ride.

--
oneisenough

Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong)
http://www.usenet.com
post #29 of 146

Re: Trials Discussion Thread

personally i love to MUni but trials is a very very close 2nd

--
bob1993

Mountain Uni.
Do the MUni!

Visit my ' gallery' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=munirider)
http://www.usenet.com
post #30 of 146

Danni wrote:
> Of course he jumps higher than the house. A house can't jump... duh .
>
> Skrobo, unless you haven't beaten your old record (which was very big)
> you really don't need to plaster every thread with this 9ft bull****.
> Everyone KNOWS that you did 9ft+. Don't need to bring it up at every
> debate; learn to be a bit less cocky like Ryan A, or Luke C. It might
> make you feel good to stroke your ego at every possible opportunity,
> but it isn't very enjoyable for us viewers. Telling others that you
> should *obviously* be the best candidate to test part/s, because of so
> and so

i was just making an example dude...testing the titanium frames was a
joke, any time i said I"LL test it! it was a joke. i know i'm not going
to test stuff. end of story

> Back on topic,
>
> I static gapped SI 210cm between two pallets just now. I beat my old
> record by about 20cm. Wow...

and your point is?

--
skrobo