or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Other Stuff › Archives › General health and fitness › Health and nutrition › Food and nutrition › What is the volume of 1 French Soup Spoon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the volume of 1 French Soup Spoon

post #1 of 6
I have a french recipe that gives measurements in Soup Spoons, which
seems vague to me - what is the metric or otherwise equivalent. I
don't know whether they mean say a spoon you eat soup with or a ladle.
post #2 of 6

Re: What is the volume of 1 French Soup Spoon

On Oct 24, 12:08 pm, kwilson...@aol.com wrote:
> I have a french recipe that gives measurements in Soup Spoons, which
> seems vague to me - what is the metric or otherwise equivalent. I
> don't know whether they mean say a spoon you eat soup with or a ladle.

It's a tablespoon, only they call it a soup spoon. Typical for the
French
post #3 of 6

<kwilson919@aol.com> wrote in message
>I have a french recipe that gives measurements in Soup Spoons, which
> seems vague to me - what is the metric or otherwise equivalent. I
> don't know whether they mean say a spoon you eat soup with or a ladle.

A soup spoon is the spoon you eat soup with. If the recipe is that vague
then the measurement isn't exact to start with and isn't critical.

Ms P
post #4 of 6

bianca.bode@gmail.com wrote:

> It's a tablespoon, only they call it a soup spoon.
> Typical for the French

Not only for the french, also in Italy the distinction is not between tea
spoon and table spoon, but between "cucchiaio da minestra" (soup spoon) and
"cucchiaino" (small spoon, which can then be a tea spoon or a very little
coffee spoon).
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

On Oct 24, 11:08?am, kwilson...@aol.com wrote:
> I have a french recipe that gives measurements in Soup Spoons, which
> seems vague to me - what is the metric or otherwise equivalent. I
> don't know whether they mean say a spoon you eat soup with or a ladle.

Many thanks
post #6 of 6

Re: What is the volume of 1 French Soup Spoon

On Oct 24, 11:45?am, "bianca.b...@gmail.com" <bianca.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 24, 12:08 pm, kwilson...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I have a french recipe that gives measurements in Soup Spoons, which
> > seems vague to me - what is the metric or otherwise equivalent. I
> > don't know whether they mean say a spoon you eat soup with or a ladle.

> It's a tablespoon, only they call it a soup spoon. Typical for the
> French

Many thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home