or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bike Light - my reccommendation

post #1 of 3
>The chap in the local shop said it was one the brightest lights on the market - not sure if this
>was salesman talk or not, but it certainly is bright enough for me.
>
>Gary.

I am afraid this light is far from the brightest light on the market. If it works for you, that is
the important thing, but you might compare it to a 12 or 24 watt halogen system. Those are a whole
different level. And then the HID systems are even brighter yet.

Jon Isaacs
post #2 of 3

Re: Bike Light - my reccommendation

If you look at the link you posted the EL300 is listed as 400 candlepower and the light you linked
to is only 100- so it isn't even the brightest LED light by cateye

Peter http://www.cateye.com/detail_mod02.php?products_id=91
post #3 of 3

"Peter Vesel" <vesel@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> If you look at the link you posted the EL300 is listed as 400 candlepower and the light you linked
> to is only 100- so it isn't even the brightest LED light by cateye
>
> Peter http://www.cateye.com/detail_mod02.php?products_id=91

I have an EL300, it IS bright for an LED light, but only produces a small, focussed patch on the
road. Certainly much less illumination than my 12W Smart rechargeable light (though much lighter and
more convenient to move from bike to bike).

Certainly if you look straight at it the EL300 appears very bright, but you need to be at just the
right angle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment