Bike Parking near Waterloo Stn

Chris

Guest
I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
store my bike, near Waterloo Station.

I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
something more secure.

Many thanks.

Chris.

Chris wrote:

> I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
> store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
>
> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.

Doesn't Waterloo have a left luggage facility? I think its about halfway along on the platform side.

John B

> I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
> store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
>
> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.

There's a place in Covent Garden -- followed by a nice walk across the bridge.

Is that too far?

Chris wrote:
> I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
> store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
>
> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.

There are proper bike stands outside the station, scores of bikes are left there during the day, but
I don't know how secure they really are or what the overnight situation is.

If your bike is with lots of others, then the chances of anything happen to yours are reduced
(unless it's a posh one)!

~PB

Or treat yourself to a Brompton!!

> I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
> store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
>
> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Chris.

In article <[email protected]>, Tony W <[email protected]> wrote: I
know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
something more secure.

Throw a brick through a shop window - with a bit of luck the plod will lock your bike up beside you.

With an even bigger bit of luck you will be let out next morning if you promise to be good.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

[email protected] (Chris) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm biking from Waterloo to the City each day. Does anyone know of any safe overnight place I can
> store my bike, near Waterloo Station.
>
> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Chris.

Take a look at:

http://www.bike-n-rack.mcmail.com/

Secure bike storage on Waterloo station. You can store your own or hire. It's not free though. 3
months storage of your own bike is £96. Still you save that on buying the tube tickets ;-)

I've not used them myself, though, so this isn't a reccomendation. I just knew they were there.

- Richard

In news:[email protected], Chris <[email protected]> typed:

> I know there are some bike stands on a couple of the platforms at Waterloo, but I'm looking for
> something more secure.

Crackheads and smackheads... swarming like flies round Waterloo underground... Along comes a rude
boy firing a pistol He laughs as they hit the ground...

But I dont give a sh*t.... As long as my bike's safe... Waterloo Sunset I am in paradise......

Alex (born and grew up in Saarf Lahndan...)