or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new favorite (again) uni accessory

post #1 of 14
Hey Tom,

Great to see your having so much fun with those cranks.

Sorry, I missed the initial thread about these(if there was one), but
can you tell me if PDC did the drilling, or did you go to a shop up in
your neck of the woods for the drilling of the additional hole?

Are Kookas, the only cranks you can do this with? I know there hard to
find.

I ask only for my own curiosity. I still don't have a Coker, but the
concept intrigues me.

Keep rollin!!

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
post #2 of 14

Re: My new favorite (again) uni accessory

Nice. The Espresso Mojo is feeling a little long in the cranks now.

How well did the extra hole fit on the Kooka cranks? Picture of the
new hole?

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
post #3 of 14

tomblackwood wrote:
> We can pull the pedal for an official JC inspection as soon as we get
> together for that saddle-building session. This weekend perhaps?

This weekend will be good.

I got some new toys too. A CygoLite LED light and a Foghat album.
Coker night rides again.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
post #4 of 14

john_childs wrote:
> This weekend will be good.
>
> I got some new toys too. A CygoLite LED light and a Foghat album.
> Coker night rides again.

Oooh what CygoLite did you get? I have the Cygolite dualcross 300, it
has been nice for night rides on the coker.

--
siafirede

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace

Pump Air Not Gas
http://www.usenet.com
post #5 of 14

Re: My new favorite (again) uni accessory

I'm trying to contact pdc to see if he has any left...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
post #6 of 14

siafirede wrote:
> Oooh what CygoLite did you get? I have the Cygolite dualcross 300, it
> has been nice for night rides on the coker.

The new '2008 DualCross Pro' (http://tinyurl.com/2kkfb7) with the NiMH
battery. They also have a diffuser option for the DualCross Pro now.
The diffusers are lenses that stick (adhesive) to the stock lens and
give a more wide angle light spread. Wider angle spread with an LED is
nice. Very few LED lights have a wide angle option. I just got the
light. I'm waiting on the helmet mount to get here (had to order it
separately).

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
post #7 of 14

Re: My new favorite (again) uni accessory

I seen a pair of Red Kooka cranks on Pinkbike a little while ago.. can't
be bothered to look for them though.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
post #8 of 14

tomblackwood wrote:
> They're 15cm shorter than the shortest I've ever ridden on a 36

15mm perhaps?
Battling with the metric Tom?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
post #9 of 14

pdc wrote:
> I haven't actively looked for old Kookas in a while. Were I to find some
> sets, I might do another round of them.

If you are, can you put my name on the list? I have an original
square-tapered Schlumpf and thus cannot have the further flexibility of
the KH dual-hole cranks, so those multi-holed Kookas would be the only
way to do it.

Trouble is the small matter of getting them to me, as I seem to be on
the wrong side of the Atlantic pond.

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
http://www.usenet.com
post #10 of 14

gkmac wrote:
> I have an original square-tapered Schlumpf and thus cannot have the
> further flexibility of the KH dual-hole cranks, so those multi-holed
> Kookas would be the only way to do it.

Clicking the gold button is a cheaper, quicker and more effective way
still

Kookas aren't the only option. Remember 'this'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60024) thread?

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
http://www.usenet.com
post #11 of 14

flyer wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned, 110s are THE length Glad to see you've
> joined the party!

Well, getting towards -the -length anyway... surely 100s are -the
-length!

How do you find the large amount of extra crank spinning next to your
heel? At 110s setting you must be going quite fast - is there no fear
of catching them on your foot?

Sam

--
redwelly
http://www.usenet.com
post #12 of 14

semach.the.monkey wrote:
> Clicking the gold button is a cheaper, quicker and more effective way
> still

I don't call an £800 Schlumpf hub a "cheaper" solution.
semach.the.monkey wrote:
> Kookas aren't the only option. Remember 'this'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60024) thread?

- I never saw that thread first time round, so "remember this" is an
invalid question.
- Not all of us have the manual dexterity to put a shelf up, let
alone machine holes into existing cranks.

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
http://www.usenet.com
post #13 of 14

gkmac wrote:
> I don't call an £800 Schlumpf hub a "cheaper" solution.

You already have the £800 Schlumpf. Clicking the button costs nothing.
Things don't get much cheaper than that!

gkmac wrote:

> Not all of us have the manual dexterity to put a shelf up, let alone
> machine holes into existing cranks.

I thought the thread was about finding a machine shop or bike shop that
could put threadded holes in cranks. The point being that there are
other options to buying pre-drilled Kookas from the USA.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
http://www.usenet.com
post #14 of 14

pdc wrote:

> I might do another round of them.

Please also put me on the short list of customers if you decide to do
another round.

--
Kerv
http://www.usenet.com