or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

vicini bicycle

post #1 of 2
On Apr 10, 4:48 am, mariusz <mnien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
> my name is mariusz, I come from Poland.Recently, I bought this nice
> bike :http://www.allegro.pl/item342483257_...i_na_campagnol...
> I wonder what is the most likely year of production for that bike. I
> believe its from 1974 to 1985
> (according to campagnolo nouvo gran sport years of production). Could
> you please give me any links, informations about this bike ?
> I have found only this :
>
> http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Vicini.htm
>
> regards
> Mariusz

Nice looking bike. If I had to guess, I would say 80s rather than
70's. It has brazed-on water bottle holes, shifter holes and cable
guides. Also, it uses recessed brake nuts, and I am almost certain
that it is a six speed cassette, likely with a 126 mm spread on the
back. The stem looks like an 80s stem too. Both bikes, yours and the
orange one have the same components, so they are probably from years
close to each other. The orange one appears to have columbus sl tubing
which is good stuff even by today's standards. Your frame has a
fancier finish. The lugs have a little more work and the rear triangle
is chromed. This would suggest that the frame may be as good or better
than the orange one. I am speculating on everything that I said above.

Andres
post #2 of 2

Re: vicini bicycle

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:48:35 -0700 (PDT), mariusz <mnienalt@gmail.com> wrote:

>hello,
>my name is mariusz, I come from Poland.Recently, I bought this nice
>bike :
>http://www.allegro.pl/item342483257_...o_zobacz_.html
>I wonder what is the most likely year of production for that bike. I
>believe its from 1974 to 1985
>(according to campagnolo nouvo gran sport years of production). Could
>you please give me any links, informations about this bike ?
>I have found only this :
>
>http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Vicini.htm
>
>regards
>Mariusz

I don't know the year, but I like the pantographed bits. Sweet bike.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment