or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

post #1 of 6
I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
susceptible to some attacks.

Also they defrauded their investors.

Jon
post #2 of 6

Re: Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

Jonathan Schneider writtificated

> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

I bet they sell 'Sold Secure' locks that are still susceptible to attacks
too. Disgraceful!

> Also they defrauded their investors.

This is more like it. How did they do this, and why were they not
prosecuted?
post #3 of 6

Re: Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
/snip
> Also they

/snip

Wiggle could sue you for libel if you can't prove your allegation.

~PB
post #4 of 6

Re: Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:44:54 +0100, Jonathan Schneider
<jon@jschneider.tenreversed> wrote:

>I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
>HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
>susceptible to some attacks.
>
>Also they defrauded their investors.

Which on-line cycle retailer do you work for?
post #5 of 6

Re: Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:43:28 +0100
"Pete Biggs" <p@pomegranateremovehighlyimpracticalfruitbiggs.tc> wrote:

> Jonathan Schneider wrote:
> /snip
> > Also they

> /snip
>
> Wiggle could sue you for libel if you can't prove your allegation.

He's not talking about Wiggle, but I think he's rather confused: a
former VP at the company that owned Hacker Safe before McAfee bought it
has been indicted on charges of investment fraud in connection with a
different company.
post #6 of 6

Jonathan Schneider wrote:
> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

I could name another online cycle shop that were reported to their bank
by my card issuer for leaking data, probably unwittingly. Everyone who
used one of this particular issuer's cards to purchase there within a
certain period in 2006 got scammed.

I've used them since and all was OK, so I think they've tightened security.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: UK and Europe