or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what am I doing wrong? ww

post #1 of 6
Hey guys,

not sure if this should go in video, but whatever,

I was wondering if you guys would tell me what I'm doing wrong on my
'wheel walking' (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1gFrhBtqdfw)

Also, when you tell me what I did wrong, please say specific attempts
so I can watch as well

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two
'1st
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eerMP7UiFMw)
'2nd
VIDEO'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zDpfTqpMo)_3rd_VIDEO (\"http://www.unicycle.tv/video/540-Trials2\")
*My_
Sponsor (\"www.sixsixone.com/\")*
post #2 of 6

Re: what am I doing wrong? ww

If the driveway is sloped try ww uphill rather than downhill. It is
easier to keep control when going up a slight grade rather than down.

Technique:

You need longer foot pushes. The foot pushes should go toe to heel,
toe to heel, toe to heel.

Start at the top of the tire (as near to the crown as you can manage)
with the toes on the tire. Push forward. Extend the push till the
back of the heel is on the tire.

When the heel of the right foot is on the tire (at the end of the push)
start the left foot with the left toes up near the crown of the tire.
Now that the left toes are on the tire you can remove the right foot
from the tire. In this manner you will always have a foot in contact
with the tire so you can keep control.

Continue like that. Toe to heel, toe to heel, toe to heel.

It is always one foot in front of the other. Never should both feet be
beside each other. Think of the tire as being skinny. Like walking a
tight rope.

One foot in front of the other. Toe to heel. Long pushes.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
post #3 of 6

Re: what am I doing wrong? ww

Looks like you are doing realy well, not much looks wrong. If your
driveway is sloped like it looks in your video I would also sugest
either trying it in the direction or finding some flat ground to try it
on. Keep on practicing, it does take a very long time to master.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

'*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o**m*'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
post #4 of 6

Re: what am I doing wrong? ww

You're doing pretty well, and you're leaning back enough. Try doing it
on a gentle uphill or atleast on flat and you'll have it in no time.
Try and control the speed of the wheel with your heels and don't go too
fast. That's what worked for me. But it will probably take many hours to
be able to do it really well so just keep practising.

--
SkierAlex
post #5 of 6

Re: what am I doing wrong? ww

Yeah, longer strides definitely, and lean back more.

BTW, how are those qu-ax cranks working out with the nimbus?

--
Kyle_Destroyer

Not sponsored and not pretentious

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
> facetious aya? yeah well i can make up words too. you're a facetisio!
> yeah put that in your fife and smoke it!

post #6 of 6

Re: what am I doing wrong? ww

What you're doing wrong is....you wasted time making this video when you
could be out practicing....
Keep leaning back but try to just step off if you're falling too far
back instead falling on your buttocks,
There isn't much we can tell you though...

--
Magixause

Magixauce+Uni=</3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: