or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Re: Memorial Day (OT) - Page 3

post #31 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 27, 6:59 pm, "b...@mambo.ucolick.org" <b...@mambo.ucolick.org>
wrote:

Re "treason"
> Anyway, I think there is an interesting Con Law question
> here.

By saying that, you imply there is such a thing as a constitution.
Curious.

I hope your search for tenure proves less difficult than your search
for the constitution.

> As you know, there was never a declaration of war
> during the Vietnam "War."

You might like your warmongers to win, but they didn't win that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason#United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Act
post #32 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 3:57 pm, Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:

> My beliefs are excuses, and reactionary while those you agree with are
> considered and thoughtful? I may disagree with you on your positions,
> that's what makes the world go round, but I'm not about to question
> your integrity, and the process of how you came to your opinions. Life
> would be a lot easier without principles wouldn't it?
>  Bill C

I wanted to paraphrase something Howard said a long time ago, and goes
for me too:
"When you tell me you're either with us, or against us I tend to
react badly to that" My reaction most of the time is, any variation of
flipping them off as it is for Howard.
I'm not with, or against anyone as a general rule, and deeply resent
anyone trying to force that on me, or anyone else for that matter.
That's the favorite tactic of the bullies on the right in particular,
and Bush seems to have really brought that out in what used to be, and
still claims to be the open and tolerant left. Both tents have shrunk
to where only the fanatics fit under them. You can hate on us out here
in the rain, but we were pushed out.
Bill C
post #33 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
<tritonrider@verizon.net> wrote:

> I may disagree with you on your positions,
>that's what makes the world go round, but I'm not about to question
>your integrity

I'm questioning either your integrity, your emotional balance or your
wits. There is a problem with one of them - we see it in your
comments on Michael Moore, on Reverand Wright etc. You fall for
bogeymen. Not good.
post #34 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:05:13 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
<tritonrider@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm not with, or against anyone as a general rule, and deeply resent
>anyone trying to force that on me, or anyone else for that matter.

Then don't go on and on ragging on Bushco if you're not willing to
take action to remove him from office by, at a minimum voting for
someone who might beat him. You started a thread about how you think
the president is committing treason and you vote libertarian or
republican? WTF?

Why bother talking about national politics like that when some lame
anti-liberal arguments mean you're not going to vote against
McCain/Bush no matter what. You're just wasting energy.
post #35 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 4:08 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <usenetrem...@jt10000.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
>
> <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > I may disagree with you on your positions,
> >that's what makes the world go round, but I'm not about to question
> >your integrity

> I'm questioning either your integrity, your emotional balance or your
> wits.  There is a problem with one of them - we see it in your
> comments on Michael Moore, on Reverand Wright etc.  You fall for
> bogeymen.  Not good.

You're entitled to. I'm not willing to violate my principles just to
get get George Bush. That's what the law is for. I'll work to deal
with it that way. I promised Lafferty that years ago, that's what I
would do and have been doing my best to keep that promise. Where's the
independent investigation and movement for impeachment in Congress led
by the folks who agree with you? Point me to it and I'll support it
right now, even though I think it'd be better to wait until he's out
of office, as is guaranteed in other Countries like France. I've
written to all my Congress critters asking them to, and letting them
know I would support them in impeaching him. Have you? As for Micheal
Moore, or any of the others, right or left, don't twist the facts.
Have enough respect for me, and your case to present it cleanly and
let me decide on it. I'm still wondering how health care is better in
a country where the average person has a hard time even getting
aspirin. I'm also not sure what I've said about Wright that you object
to. I've said that Obama, if he was as close to the Church as he
claimed originally should have known about all this stuff, and I find
it hard to believe he didn't.
I wasn't even a member of my friend Rundy's church, but did help out
occasionally with transporting things and at events, and had a pretty
good idea what they were up to, what the sermon had been that week,
etc...just from talking with a friend about something that was
incredibly important to him. Hard to believe that he wouldn't talk
with others from the Church, just like we talk about races and racing.
Bill C
post #36 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:57:20 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
<tritonrider@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm not willing to violate my principles just to
>get get George Bush. That's what the law is for. I'll work to deal
>with it that way.

Riiiiiight. You go on about with free speech problems on college
campuses (a private or state/local government problem mainly) and let
that influence your voting on a national level, whereas the guys your
complaceny in terms of voting let into power at a national are
presiding over major consolidation in mass media.

You claim to care about veterans, but don't stop Bushco/McCain whereas
ultra-liberal Obama has a better record on veterans issues (see recent
Time magazine). But he's a liberal. Reverand Wright!

Your political views are a jumble and your political actions, at least
in terms of national voting, haven't help your principles.
post #37 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 13:57:20 -0700 (PDT), Bill C
<tritonrider@verizon.net> wrote:

> As for Micheal
>Moore, or any of the others, right or left, don't twist the facts.
>Have enough respect for me, and your case to present it cleanly and
>let me decide on it.

> I'm still wondering how health care is better in
>a country where the average person has a hard time even getting
>aspirin.

What are you talking about? Oh yeah, you're responding to
Limbaugh-style critique of the Moore health care film by putting an
extreme statement out there and knocknig it down. Great.

That's my fundamental point. There are all these buzzwords/bogeymen
out there and you totally fall for them to avoid voting for people
that are actually doing better against most of the stuff you *****
about.

That's all it takes to make you poltically impotent as a voter:
PCness at UMass, disrespect for vets in the 70s, Jane Fonda, George
Soros, etc. Michael Moore. Now Rev. Wright. And the true kryptonite -
"liberal." Excuses for inaction.
post #38 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

Donald Munro wrote:

> Bill C wrote:
>> You can hate on us out here in the rain, but we were pushed out.

> Don't worry, with global warming the rain might stop.

Total precipitation increases in a warmer planet. It's a specific humidity
thing. Don't get me started.

--
Bill Asher
post #39 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 4:35 pm, William Asher <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Donald Munro wrote:
> > Bill C wrote:
> >> You can hate on us out here in the rain, but we were pushed out.

> > Don't worry, with global warming the rain might stop.

> Total precipitation increases in a warmer planet.  It's a specific humidity
> thing.  Don't get me started.

If we get you started, then sacrifices must be made. Afternoon
training rides will have to end.
post #40 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 3:13 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <usenetrem...@jt10000.com>
wrote:

> ... if you're not willing to
> take action to remove him from office by, at a minimum voting for
> someone who might beat him.  You started a thread about how you think
> the president is committing treason and you vote libertarian or
> republican?

lol

Like its Bill's fault that there is no conceivable way to vote for a
democrat and yet be either awake or honest. Democrat politicians need
to change from their anti-constitutional and statist ways if they want
an honest and awake vote. They are their own problem.

"Minimum voting" is a problem. You are a problem.

It is people like you who provoke the question: Does democracy work?
post #41 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:25:05 -0700 (PDT), SLAVE of THE STATE
<gwhite@ti.com> wrote:

>Like its Bill's fault that there is no conceivable way to vote for a
>democrat and yet be either awake or honest. Democrat politicians need
>to change from their anti-constitutional and statist ways if they want
>an honest and awake vote. They are their own problem.

Your fault is that that small state you want is an (evil) pipe dream.
So for you voting pointless.

Bill's fault is that he lets bogeymen prevent him from voting for
politicians that will actually do a better job than what we have on
issues he claims to care about.
post #42 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 6:46 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <usenetrem...@jt10000.com>
wrote:

> Your fault is that that small state you want is an (evil) pipe dream.

Why do you hate America?
post #43 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

> On May 28, 4:35 pm, William Asher <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Donald Munro wrote:

>> > Don't worry, with global warming the rain might stop.

>> Total precipitation increases in a warmer planet.  It's a specific
>> humidity thing.  Don't get me started.

> If we get you started, then sacrifices must be made. Afternoon
> training rides will have to end.

I would hate to have to make any sacrifices personally. Couldn't you just
work harder to make up the difference?

--
Bill Asher
post #44 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 5:12 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <usenetrem...@jt10000.com>
wrote:

> Your political views are a jumble and your political actions, at least
> in terms of national voting, haven't help your principles.

Yep, my views are pretty complex. I don't live in a simple world. My
vote says that neither party, at that point currently was worth my
vote. I voted for change, just the thing Obama's asking people to do.
Except I voted to let them know I wanted another choice, or better
choices. Given what I know now I may well ahve done something
different.
More personal attacks and comparisons to Limbaugh on the helath care.
I seem to remember, thoug I could be mistaken, Ben and others
questioning that health care, and Moores statements on it in Cuba as
compared toi the US were questionable also. My research and reading,
including stuff from the Guardian tells me that there are two health
care systems in Cuba, one for the elite, and foreign visitors, and the
one the vast majority of the people there are forced to use that has
limited, at best supplies, antiquated equipment, and is basically at
the third world level. Even the elite system is not comparable to most
of Europe, Canada, or the US. I read through tons of stuff on this
because I was discussing it with you, and that's why I was so
conscientous, and slow in making my conclusions.
I'd be happy to look at reading and information that could change my
viewpoint on this. I do object to you telling me that my basic
Constitutional concerns are invalid. Different people develop
different priorities and concerns, and I'm not going to be telling
anyone theirs aren't valid. I may say that I disagree, and this is
why, but I haven't lived their lives, so I'm in no position to be
prioritizing their lives, and beliefs for them, and telling them what
they should be concerned with.
Live and let live.
Bill C
post #45 of 81

Re: Memorial Day (OT)

On May 28, 7:33 pm, William Asher <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

> >> Total precipitation increases in a warmer planet.  It's a specific
> >> humidity thing.  Don't get me started.

> > If we get you started, then sacrifices must be made.  Afternoon
> > training rides will have to end.

> I would hate to have to make any sacrifices personally.  Couldn't you just
> work harder to make up the difference?

Nice bite. That has always been my working assumption when the line
"sacrifices must be made" is bellowed.

You must work for the Bush Admin, or vote democrat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Road Cycling