or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

9 and 10 stair competition

post #1 of 14
so we all know how these competitions work by now, and i don't have to
explain what you have to do because it's in the title.

this thread is obviously exlusive of myself, i'm looking to push a
little old school out of some new guys, i don't see anything bigger
than 6 sets anymore...

i know i'm pushing the envelope for a lot of riders, i'll let 9 and 11
sets count because i know that not everyone has a "10 set" sitting in
thier backyard.

rules: contest can be won by a person who has rolling hopped a
stairset, but is doing the stairset by sidehopping (good luck, its
scary on monster stairsets)

otherwise, stairs must be cleared all at once, clipping of the last
stair is allowed so long as the rider stays on the unicycle, also, the
jump must be ridden out on film, no short cutting the shot to disguise
bails.

helmets are not required, but VERY STRONGLY suggested.

trophy:<^>10STAIR!!!!<^>

edit: stairs must be somewhat average sized.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
post #2 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

skrobo wrote:
> so we all know how these competitions work by now, and i don't have to
> explain what you have to do because it's in the title.
>
> this thread is obviously exlusive of myself, i'm looking to push a
> little old school out of some new guys, i don't see anything bigger
> than 6 sets anymore...
>
> i know i'm pushing the envelope for a lot of riders, i'll let 9 and 11
> sets count because i know that not everyone has a "10 set" sitting in
> thier backyard.
>
> rules: contest can be won by a person who has rolling hopped a
> stairset, but is doing the stairset by sidehopping (good luck, its
> scary on monster stairsets)
>
> otherwise, stairs must be cleared all at once, clipping of the last
> stair is allowed so long as the rider stays on the unicycle, also, the
> jump must be ridden out on film, no short cutting the shot to disguise
> bails.
>
> helmets are not required, but VERY STRONGLY suggested.
>
> trophy:<^>10STAIR!!!!<^>
>
> edit: stairs must be somewhat average sized.

I'm in, i can dig it lol. I'll try it i guess..

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)

beeper wrote:
> you sir, are unrealistic

post #3 of 14

unibikeling wrote:
> I'm in, i can dig it lol. I'll try it i guess..

just remember to work up to it, i do not suggest going from a 6 set to
a 10 set.
and btw, it takes a 5-6 foot rolling hop to get you over a 10 set.

one more thing, first place has until july 15 to be claimed. i'll make
2nd and 3rd place trophies as needed.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
post #4 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

haha im in. haha

im stuck at 8 but ill go fo 10. HAHA

watch me bust my ass.

--
UniDudeDX

'My new sponsor-661 Sports' (www.sixsixone.com)
post #5 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

lol I'm in. But the chances of me finding a 10 set are less than the
chances of me jumping it.

--
SkierAlex
post #6 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

what if we have not rolling hopped down one, can we still sidehop? (I
just happen to have a 9 set in my backyard)

--
vanpaun

*''
(http://www.sixsixone.com/)'http://www.sixsixone.com'
(http://www.sixsixone.com/)'' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
http://tinyurl.com/6k9vw6
*http://tinyurl.com/3tv4cl
post #7 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

maybe, sometime this summer...

how about giving some dimensions of a 10 stair so that if someone feels
that their 8 set has pretty big steps they can see how it matches up
against your 10 stair. I'll probably be able to find one though.

--
zfreak220

johnfoss wrote:
> Word.

post #8 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

Can I be in for 11 and higher ? I already did 10 rolling and I really
don't feel for side hopping it ! I've got an 11 and 13 I
could do.

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

I dream of Luke Collalto !

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
post #9 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

Yeah, go for 13! That'd be saweeet.

--
isaac steiner

zfreak220 wrote:
> so Isaac had a "hazmat" moment

post #10 of 14

isaac steiner wrote:
> Yeah, go for 13! That'd be saweeet.

It's been like 5 months I showed him the 11 and he hasn't been pumped
enough to do it since then. (Even if he could clear it easely) So I
doubt he'll try the 13.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
post #11 of 14

Re: 9 and 10 stair competition

Cool rail.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
> haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

post #12 of 14

Emile.m wrote:
> It's been like 5 months I showed him the 11 and he hasn't been pumped
> enough to do it since then. (Even if he could clear it easely) So I
> doubt he'll try the 13.

We never went there again since then...

I know I can do both the 11 and the 13, and I'm sure next time we go to
the 11 I'll try it, because you know, I've changed I mean,
I'm much more confidant when trying anything now.

-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

I dream of Luke Collalto !

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
post #13 of 14

skrobo wrote:

> helmets are not required, but VERY STRONGLY suggested.

Do the sport a favour.
Make it so that people won't even think about not wearing one.
Make it a requirement of your competitions.
By the time unicycling cracks it as an Olympic sport it will be a
requirement anyway, I'm not going to waste your time with the common
sense reasons why now.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=85449)
post #14 of 14

GILD wrote:
> Do the sport a favour.
> Make it so that people won't even think about not wearing one.
> Make it a requirement of your competitions.
> By the time unicycling cracks it as an Olympic sport it will be a
> requirement anyway, I'm not going to waste your time with the common
> sense reasons why now.

X2

--
Nicf