or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

post #1 of 6
'UDC Bearing Shims' (http://tinyurl.com/2esw2o)

I don't know if this system works well and i just found it in UDC UK...
But you can find it in Canada I think...

Bye

--
pedrotejada

unicycledood wrote:

> surfer1024 wrote:
> >
> > hey guys, who can do hick doubles

> Me, Forrest, Luke, Shaun and everyone that is french.

post #2 of 6

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

'Shims on Canadian UDC.' (http://tinyurl.com/5kxbnh)

Danni rode a KH frame on a Profile crankset for quite a while. But
instead of using shims, he put a piece of old tube around the bearing.

--
zfreak220

johnfoss wrote:
> Word.

post #3 of 6

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

you can do it with pop cans too.

--
manon1wheel

-Riley
*)---', 1mHighJump*
best side hop:114cm
best rolling:114
best static(no prehop):104
post #4 of 6

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

I'm pretty sure that Bedford Unicycles sells 42mm OD bearings on the
Bedford Hardcore, can someone tell me i'm right or wrong?

I'm thinking this because, he sells them with Bedford frames which fit
a KH hub, and I know Jeff Groves has a KH frame on his Bedford Hardcore
wheelset...

Isaac

--
isaac steiner

zfreak220 wrote:
> so Isaac had a "hazmat" moment

post #5 of 6

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

isaac steiner wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that Bedford Unicycles sells 42mm OD bearings on the
> Bedford Hardcore, can someone tell me i'm right or wrong?
>
> I'm thinking this because, he sells them with Bedford frames which fit
> a KH hub, and I know Jeff Groves has a KH frame on his Bedford Hardcore
> wheelset...
>
> Isaac

He probably sells shims but I don't think that he would put them on the
Bedford Hardcore wheelset because ideally you don't want to use shims.
Since the bearing holders on Bedford frames are those main cap bearing
holders where they are made for 40mm bearings but 42mm bearings fit
fine. So KH hubs with 42mm bearings and Profile hubs with 40mm bearings
fit in the Bedford frame. With KH frames the bearing holders are
machined for an exact fit for 42mm bearings so shims are needed.

--
zfreak220

johnfoss wrote:
> Word.

post #6 of 6

Re: KH frame on Profile Hub?

I tried doing this not too long ago and it didnt work.

I have a 2007 KH frame. The profiles were purchased 2005, but may be
2004 cranks.

Now, the right crank, has a nub on the inside, which I believe is for
the bike sprocket to attach to. The bearing holders of the 2007 KH
frame bulge out a bit.

The inside nub of the profile crank was hitting the bearing holders
(mainly the top ones that are part of the frame) and wouldnt allow the
wheel to spin.

Im sure you can grind the nub off from either crank or frame if you
want to chance it. We didnt grind down the Cranks cause we want to turn
them in under warranty to get new ones, and it was too much risk to void
warranty.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for
christ.')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: rec.sport.unicycling