or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Ricco positive for EPO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ricco positive for EPO - Page 8

post #106 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Looks like Rock Racing has some very good prospects a few years down the road!
post #107 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord
I don't think McDumbass has gotten the memo.

You know this almost makes me wish JB's gang of dopers were there in the Tour. Pretty high chance that they would have been busted?
My thoughts EXACTLY.
post #108 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytrash
We really haven't moved on since 1998. In addtion how the fark does a guy get that **** into his room without the team knowing ?
Why in the world a rider would keep ANYTHING in his own room is beyond me. Everyone knows you need a designated "medical" room.
post #109 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejobako
So if the riders that are participating have now demonstrated they are just as dirty as the ones who aren't here because the organizers deemed them to have unsavory connections, can we dispense with the "we're preserving the integrity of the sport" nonsense and just let everyone ride until they actually do test positive? Better yet, **** the testing and just let them ride doped to the gills. This pathetic gnashing of teeth by the credulous everytime someone gets nabbed is a real downer. I'd rather watch EPO-supermen dashing up and down mountains, and let their doctors join the winners on the podium in Paris.
Maybe you should turn 7 times your mouse before writing something like that.
Common sense and rational thought are welcome.
post #110 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

This is like the good ole days of this forum.
post #111 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

This is like poetry!

ASO start new world order, UCI complain and say why ... ASO say well look at Ricco dirty and caught by us but dirty and free at Giro. RCS say yeah we trusted you UCI, gave you benefit of doubt and you fxxked us in the ass. ASO say that is why RCS is coming with us along with every pro team. UCI sputter and stutter, ASO takes out the glock and says goodbye!

Interms of CAS, I don't this any court in the land will rule against ASO as these cyclists have clearly failed a doping test even if it is not WADA certified and to rule in favour of how to cheat the system would set dangerous precedents.

The next hilarious point is that I doubt Ricco, Beltram etc will get a 2 year UCI suspension because they haven't failed a UCI certified test ... great thing is that ASO now run world pro cycling so who cares about UCI licenses / suspensions!

The rest of this tour is going to be brilliant - watch the ASO dope snipers on the rooves take down these cheats.

My only concern now is over Astana's exclusion because it seems that ASO who must have known for months about this CERA loop hole have effectively decided to let CxntaDope and Bruyneels merry band of cheats escape negative publicity and certain doping bans. Places a whole new light on how many people are bribed by Bruyneel.
post #112 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord
He crashed, got back to the peloton and the abandoned. It may be totally innocent and be a genuine injury, but who knows.
Hm, what are the chances that the only two riders to retire in the last two days from crash injuries were both from the same team - unless there is some sort of assassin in the peloton cutting their riders up? Who is he going to get tomorrow?
post #113 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum
This is like poetry!

ASO start new world order, UCI complain and say why ... ASO say well look at Ricco dirty and caught by us but dirty and free at Giro. RCS say yeah we trusted you UCI, gave you benefit of doubt and you fxxked us in the ass. ASO say that is why RCS is coming with us along with every pro team. UCI sputter and stutter, ASO takes out the glock and says goodbye!

Interms of CAS, I don't this any court in the land will rule against ASO as these cyclists have clearly failed a doping test even if it is not WADA certified and to rule in favour of how to cheat the system would set dangerous precedents.

The next hilarious point is that I doubt Ricco, Beltram etc will get a 2 year UCI suspension because they haven't failed a UCI certified test ... great thing is that ASO now run world pro cycling so who cares about UCI licenses / suspensions!

The rest of this tour is going to be brilliant - watch the ASO dope snipers on the rooves take down these cheats.

My only concern now is over Astana's exclusion because it seems that ASO who must have known for months about this CERA loop hole have effectively decided to let CxntaDope and Bruyneels merry band of cheats escape negative publicity and certain doping bans. Places a whole new light on how many people are bribed by Bruyneel.
I want to see how the French justice system handles them now that it is a criminal offence in France. Can you imagine Ricco behind bars?
post #114 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Looks like the company that makes CERA was sending the bribes to the wrong guy.

The drug's market value has just taken a massive tumble.
post #115 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_dweller
yeah, but now we'll get astana fans claiming out loud that their team is clean.

but I am very surprised that Ricco got nailed (not that he was doping mind you), as obviously he felt very safe about his stuff.

Wonder who else was taking the same EPO and maybe even using the same doctor.
I think it is what most of the GC contenders have been using and thinking we won't get caught cause they don't have the test. Ricco was on it at the Giro. Was sella as well and obviously Contador?

If this was athletics a clean athlete would have a go at the cheat like we do in England. This has never happened in cycling because everyone is protecting there own back. If Contador was clean he should come out and have a pop at Ricco but he will just do an Armstrong.

Another point i hope Cunego is riding clean and not just under trained, if he is good luck to him. He was actually blowing unlike a certain Vandevelde who said he didn't go into the red.

What it doesn't need is ex riders criticising poor performances (Cunego not a contender because he was dropped by 86kgs voigt) like Yates did yesterday on eurosport. You don't know Cunego might be just as good as he was in 2004 power wise.
post #116 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum
This is like poetry!

ASO start new world order, UCI complain and say why ... ASO say well look at Ricco dirty and caught by us but dirty and free at Giro. RCS say yeah we trusted you UCI, gave you benefit of doubt and you fxxked us in the ass. ASO say that is why RCS is coming with us along with every pro team. UCI sputter and stutter, ASO takes out the glock and says goodbye!

Interms of CAS, I don't this any court in the land will rule against ASO as these cyclists have clearly failed a doping test even if it is not WADA certified and to rule in favour of how to cheat the system would set dangerous precedents.

The next hilarious point is that I doubt Ricco, Beltram etc will get a 2 year UCI suspension because they haven't failed a UCI certified test ... great thing is that ASO now run world pro cycling so who cares about UCI licenses / suspensions!

The rest of this tour is going to be brilliant - watch the ASO dope snipers on the rooves take down these cheats.

My only concern now is over Astana's exclusion because it seems that ASO who must have known for months about this CERA loop hole have effectively decided to let CxntaDope and Bruyneels merry band of cheats escape negative publicity and certain doping bans. Places a whole new light on how many people are bribed by Bruyneel.
yeah that is very interesting. Was ASO actually protecting Astana when they excluded them?
post #117 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickman
In saying what you've said above - you're assuming that all the riders doping.
Which is the very point that you riled against between 1999-2005.
You told us to stop making accusations that the riders were doping.
In fact you went to great lengths saying "you can't accuse someone without proof.............."

Now you want to sport to assume that they're all doping without proof!

That's inconsistent at best.
I think you have misconstrued my post. I didn't advocate that the sport assume they were doping -- in fact I suggested that the sport should allow everyone to ride until they actually test postive, which seems more equitable than singling out riders and teams based on supposition and innuendo. My position still stands -- until the rider tests positive, stop bitching and let them ride.

In the alternative, I am all for dispensing with the testing altogether. At this point, it should be obvious that the testing methods are woefully inadequate -- testing does not identify the dopers -- it identifies unlucky dopers. It is an entirely arbitrary exercise to assume whether the successful riders are doping or not. We know that many riders dope -- hell, maybe all of them do. So long as the answer to that question is "who knows?", then I do not see the point in testing them at all. The playing field remains uneven with testing or without it -- so let them dope. The current system simply allows the federations and the organizers to play favorites as they choose, based upon bias and politics. If doping became legal, the people who are destroying the sport from within would be emasculated.
post #118 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

What I find most concerning about this is that they only found ONE substance in THREE people. This suggests a few things to me:

1. They messed up the tests - given that there is some controversy about whether the test is legal. Highly unlikely given that SD is heading for the border at pace!!!
2. How many drugs are out there if 3 people (that got caught) are on ONE drug? The mind boggles...

I was secretly hoping Ricco would step up into yellow. There goes that dream...
post #119 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum
This is like poetry!

ASO start new world order, UCI complain and say why ... ASO say well look at Ricco dirty and caught by us but dirty and free at Giro. RCS say yeah we trusted you UCI, gave you benefit of doubt and you fxxked us in the ass. ASO say that is why RCS is coming with us along with every pro team. UCI sputter and stutter, ASO takes out the glock and says goodbye!

Interms of CAS, I don't this any court in the land will rule against ASO as these cyclists have clearly failed a doping test even if it is not WADA certified and to rule in favour of how to cheat the system would set dangerous precedents.

The next hilarious point is that I doubt Ricco, Beltram etc will get a 2 year UCI suspension because they haven't failed a UCI certified test ... great thing is that ASO now run world pro cycling so who cares about UCI licenses / suspensions!

The rest of this tour is going to be brilliant - watch the ASO dope snipers on the rooves take down these cheats.

My only concern now is over Astana's exclusion because it seems that ASO who must have known for months about this CERA loop hole have effectively decided to let CxntaDope and Bruyneels merry band of cheats escape negative publicity and certain doping bans. Places a whole new light on how many people are bribed by Bruyneel.
My understanding is that any attempt to manipulate blood is banned under WADA rules. The product used to manipulate blood values does not need to be on a banned list for a sanction to be imposed. WADA are also sneakily ratifying tests without announcing it to the world. Perhaps this tesst for CERA has been gone through the process?
post #120 of 244

Re: Ricco positive for EPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejobako
I think you have misconstrued my post. I didn't advocate that the sport assume they were doping -- in fact I suggested that the sport should allow everyone to ride until they actually test postive, which seems more equitable than singling out riders and teams based on supposition and innuendo. My position still stands -- until the rider tests positive, stop bitching and let them ride.

In the alternative, I am all for dispensing with the testing altogether. At this point, it should be obvious that the testing methods are woefully inadequate -- testing does not identify the dopers -- it identifies unlucky dopers. It is an entirely arbitrary exercise to assume whether the successful riders are doping or not. We know that many riders dope -- hell, maybe all of them do. So long as the answer to that question is "who knows?", then I do not see the point in testing them at all. The playing field remains uneven with testing or without it -- so let them dope. The current system simply allows the federations and the organizers to play favorites as they choose, based upon bias and politics. If doping became legal, the people who are destroying the sport from within would be emasculated.
Apologies if I misconstrued you post.

I hear the point that you're trying to clarify here.
I disagree with the premise that they should be allowed dope.

best to agree to disagree.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Cycling
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Professional Cycling › Ricco positive for EPO