or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Cycling Equipment › Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics? - Page 11  

post #151 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Does anyone close to you know of your thoughts about guns and your feeling that emotions are girly.

Yes.

The county Sheriff.

He signs off on my federal BATF form 04's for my machineguns and sound suppressors.

Also, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. That federal agency issues my Federal Firearms License to manufacture firearms.

Then there's the doctors, lawyers, politicians, law enforcement officers and active duty & retired military folks I shoot with regularly.

Any other moronic girly questions you'ld care to ask?
post #152 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

You're the one who "feels" so "intimidated" that you have to carry a lethal weapon.
WUSS!


I'm the one that is reasonably well prepared for the Darwin Award Candidates that infest the planet.

The Academy would like take this opportunity to thank you for submitting your application by posting your credentials.
post #153 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

All I can really say is that I feel sorry for you...to live in fear must be somewhat paralyzing...

OK...one more time for the terminally stoopid. I'll try not to use big words...

When you assume complete responsibility for my security and safety, and that of my family and for my property...then and only then will your words have any meaning. Until such time, your hot air is just contributing to global warming.
post #154 of 1823
Thread Starter 

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
OK...one more time for the terminally stoopid. I'll try not to use big words...

When you assume complete responsibility for my security and safety, and that of my family and for my property...then and only then will your words have any meaning. Until such time, your hot air is just contributing to global warming.
An insecure, paranoid (and might I add, pathetic) gun fanatic...
post #155 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

The next time you are in a crowd in the US, just consider that anywhere between about 1-in-10 and 1-in-100 have CCW licenses (depending on city and satate) and might be carrying a concealed hangun.

Or if in our most populous cities (NYC, Chicago, etc.), that only criminals will be carrying concealed handguns, as CCW is not legal in some states.
post #156 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
You're the one who "feels" so "intimidated" that you have to carry a lethal weapon.
WUSS!


I'm the one that is reasonably well prepared for the Darwin Award Candidates that infest the planet.

The Academy would like take this opportunity to thank you for submitting your application by posting your credentials.
You wouldn't know who or what "infests" the planet. You've never been there. You've never been anywhere.
You're a hick and a yokel.
post #157 of 1823
Thread Starter 

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjesseeNH
The next time you are in a crowd in the US, just consider that anywhere between about 1-in-10 and 1-in-100 have CCW licenses (depending on city and satate) and might be carrying a concealed hangun.

Or if in our most populous cities (NYC, Chicago, etc.), that only criminals will be carrying concealed handguns, as CCW is not legal in some states.
Uh, what's your point?? Is your implication that I should be scared to go to Chicago or New York because criminals that might have guns there??? How about when I'm in a crowd; I should feel safer because between 1-10% of those in the crowd will be packing a gatt?? Give me an flippin' break!

Because I'm NOT a wuss, I WILL continue to go to big cities and not be scared of the boogieman (NO, I will not go into high crime areas after dark - with or without a gun; it's just called being smart and having some awareness). People that go looking for trouble, will find trouble. I don't go looking for trouble...

Furthermore, this thread pertains to cyclists that carry guns while riding bicycles (other than police officers, of course). Personally I'm not interested in debating one's constitutional right to keep and bear arms. However, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD...
post #158 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Does anyone close to you know of your thoughts about guns and your feeling that emotions are girly.

Yes.

The county Sheriff.

He signs off on my federal BATF form 04's for my machineguns and sound suppressors.

Also, The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. That federal agency issues my Federal Firearms License to manufacture firearms.

Then there's the doctors, lawyers, politicians, law enforcement officers and active duty & retired military folks I shoot with regularly.

Any other moronic girly questions you'ld care to ask?
The legal licensed gun owner who recently committed a mass murder in Finland was also checked out by the police (the day before the murders).
He was found to be just as stable as you claim to be.
post #159 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

You wouldn't know who or what "infests" the planet. You've never been there. You've never been anywhere.
You're a hick and a yokel.


Once again, the Darwin Academy thank you for the submission of your exceptionally well qualified credentials. We look forward to your candidacy approval someday soon.

The legal licensed gun owner who recently committed a mass murder in Finland was also checked out by the police (the day before the murders).

It's been many years since the authorities granted me a Feferal Firearms License.
post #160 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

I don't go looking for trouble...

Sometimes trouble goes looking for you...
post #161 of 1823
Thread Starter 

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
I don't go looking for trouble...

Sometimes trouble goes looking for you...
And you'll be prepared to protect yourself and your family whilst out riding your bicycles. P-A-R-A-N-O-I-A...
post #162 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzackery
Uh, what's your point?? Is your implication that I should be scared to go to Chicago or New York because criminals that might have guns there??? How about when I'm in a crowd; I should feel safer because between 1-10% of those in the crowd will be packing a gatt?? Give me an flippin' break!

Because I'm NOT a wuss, I WILL continue to go to big cities and not be scared of the boogieman (NO, I will not go into high crime areas after dark - with or without a gun; it's just called being smart and having some awareness). People that go looking for trouble, will find trouble. I don't go looking for trouble...

Furthermore, this thread pertains to cyclists that carry guns while riding bicycles (other than police officers, of course). Personally I'm not interested in debating one's constitutional right to keep and bear arms. However, just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD...
OK - you win. I state a few facts, you whip up the usual straw-man arguements for me, proceed to beat them down, and then take mortal offense at the aguements you proposed for me. That's what I like about anti-gun people ... they know everything - but continue to lose ground.

And yes indeed, were you an American citizen, you would not be required to exercise your 2nd amendment rights, or any other rights. And you could object to others choosing to exercise their rights too - but nobody has to listen to you.
post #163 of 1823

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzackery
And you'll be prepared to protect yourself and your family whilst out riding your bicycles. P-A-R-A-N-O-I-A...
Tony, in all fairness, I don't think you understand where CB is coming from. Seattle and Vancouver BC are fairly affluent, liberal cities densely populated with residents who can afford to spend significant money on police protection and the regulation of firearms as well. In return, you expect your governments to ensure your life and property are protected.

OTOH, if CB lives in a place that resembles the rural hill counties of my home state, poverty and meth addiction are endemic. Everyone has guns, since many families hunt deer to put meat on the table. Law enforcement consists of an elected Sheriff and handful of deputies. They can't afford (or just won't) pay for much law enforcement.

There are no police out on the streets at night, so it might take the sheriff 20 minutes or more to respond after a 911 call is placed. This gives a criminal all kinds of time to do what he wants and get away without being caught. If some unemployed druggie decides he has to get some money and comes to rob CB out in the country, there are no neighbors close by to see or hear the break-in or his cries out for help.

If I was living in his situation, I'd keep a loaded shotgun pretty handy at night too.
post #164 of 1823
Thread Starter 

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjesseeNH
OK - you win. I state a few facts, you whip up the usual straw-man arguements for me, proceed to beat them down, and then take mortal offense at the aguements you proposed for me. That's what I like about anti-gun people ... they know everything - but continue to lose ground.

And yes indeed, were you an American citizen, you would not be required to exercise your 2nd amendment rights, or any other rights. And you could object to others choosing to exercise their rights too - but nobody has to listen to you.
LOL! Where have you stated facts?? You post up some overgeneralized stats that you're apparently masquerading as facts - surely you jest!

And another thing Einstein, I AM an American citizen living in Canada.

Furthemore, and for your edification and others of your ilk, I am not against guns (I've owned at least 5 guns in the past), I very simply believe cyclists that carry concealed guns while riding are paranoid insecure gun fanatics.
post #165 of 1823
Thread Starter 

Re: Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk2
Tony, in all fairness, I don't think you understand where CB is coming from. Seattle and Vancouver BC are fairly affluent, liberal cities densely populated with residents who can afford to spend significant money on police protection and the regulation of firearms as well. In return, you expect your governments to ensure your life and property are protected.

OTOH, if CB lives in a place that resembles the rural hill counties of my home state, poverty and meth addiction are endemic. Everyone has guns, since many families hunt deer to put meat on the table. Law enforcement consists of an elected Sheriff and handful of deputies. They can't afford (or just won't) pay for much law enforcement.

There are no police out on the streets at night, so it might take the sheriff 20 minutes or more to respond after a 911 call is placed. This gives a criminal all kinds of time to do what he wants and get away without being caught. If some unemployed druggie decides he has to get some money and comes to rob CB out in the country, there are no neighbors close by to see or hear the break-in or his cries out for help.

If I was living in his situation, I'd keep a loaded shotgun pretty handy at night too.
As I said before, living in fear must be paralyzing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment
This thread is locked  
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Cycling Equipment › Are cyclists that carry guns paranoid and insecure gun fanatics?