or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Health Nutrition and Supplements › Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
The biggest money maker is cholesterol pills and high blood pressure pills. Both are a complete ripoff. You lower your blood pressure by removing the blockage in your arteries by using hemp oil, vinegar, and red wine. You can thin out your blood by just drinking water, using fish oil and krill oil. You should eat fish twice a week.
Cholesterol pills are a joke. Your body produces it's own cholesterol this is what they call good cholesterol and the kind you get from eating cheese, dairy, hot pockets, hot dogs, fast food is the bad cholesterol. How do you get the bad cholesterol out of your system? "QUIT EATING DAIRY AND JUNK FOOD" It's thta simple. It doesn't make any difference what your choelsterol is. Some is high and some is low, but it's determined on how much food you eat that's loaded with cholesterol. When your food is digested and leaves your blood the bad cholesterol is gone. Don't let some doctor prescribe cholesterol medicine to you, because your cholesterol is high.
post #2 of 9

Re: Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycledick View Post
The biggest money maker is cholesterol pills and high blood pressure pills. Both are a complete ripoff. You lower your blood pressure by removing the blockage in your arteries by using hemp oil, vinegar, and red wine. You can thin out your blood by just drinking water, using fish oil and krill oil. You should eat fish twice a week.
Cholesterol pills are a joke. Your body produces it's own cholesterol this is what they call good cholesterol and the kind you get from eating cheese, dairy, hot pockets, hot dogs, fast food is the bad cholesterol. How do you get the bad cholesterol out of your system? "QUIT EATING DAIRY AND JUNK FOOD" It's thta simple. It doesn't make any difference what your choelsterol is. Some is high and some is low, but it's determined on how much food you eat that's loaded with cholesterol. When your food is digested and leaves your blood the bad cholesterol is gone. Don't let some doctor prescribe cholesterol medicine to you, because your cholesterol is high.
Wish it was that easy to lower bad cholesterol. Both my Father and Grandfather had high cholesteral and died of heart problems. My Dad died at 59 my Grandfather died at 102. My Dad's diet was similar to your suggestion.The major difference between the two was the degree of physical activity.
I was on cholesterol medicine until losing 60 pounds (since biking). Currently off medicine, but am borderline to needing it.
Although this small sample of 3 males from the same family is not statistically significant, it could add insight.
post #3 of 9

Re: Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs

There may be some room to doubt the benefits of cholesterol medicine (statins) in borderline cases. I suppose one could decide to bet one's life on it.

But when it comes to high blood pressure, there is a heck of a lot more to it than "unclogging" blood vessels - even if that were really possible. What you're saying was already being said a few decades ago. Flax oil, hemp oil, fish oil, etc. are all old news. All I can say is, Good luck with that. I hope you don't end up with typical end-organ damage due to untreated hypertension. That could be your heart, your eyes, your kidneys. There are more people sitting in dialysis chairs right now because of high blood pressure than there are because of actual kidney diseases. And, while we're at it, yes, exercise such as cycling may help, but it's not a panacea. Fitness and health are not necessarily the same thing. Don't make me tell you how I know.
post #4 of 9

Re: Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs

Hello all, do not forget that fish oil is an essential oil an important weapon to fight not only high blood pressure but heart disease.

You can read more about natural cures for hypertension at Natural Cures for Hypertension: How To Lower High Blood Pressure With No Drugs

Best wishes

Alfredo E.
post #5 of 9

Re: Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfemur View Post
There may be some room to doubt the benefits of cholesterol medicine (statins) in borderline cases. I suppose one could decide to bet one's life on it.

But when it comes to high blood pressure, there is a heck of a lot more to it than "unclogging" blood vessels - even if that were really possible. What you're saying was already being said a few decades ago. Flax oil, hemp oil, fish oil, etc. are all old news. All I can say is, Good luck with that. I hope you don't end up with typical end-organ damage due to untreated hypertension. That could be your heart, your eyes, your kidneys. There are more people sitting in dialysis chairs right now because of high blood pressure than there are because of actual kidney diseases. And, while we're at it, yes, exercise such as cycling may help, but it's not a panacea. Fitness and health are not necessarily the same thing. Don't make me tell you how I know.
Surely this can't be true! I thought everything could be cured with algae soymilk shakes and flax seed oil enemas. Are you actually saying that not every disease is diet related? That diseases can be caused by DNA mutations, heredity, and other factors? Why, that's revolutionary and yet impossible. That wasn't in the book that I bought from that guy that said that wasn't true!

I've heard that eating goat cartilage and drinking purified yak urine can make UV radiation disappear, thus curing skin cancer!

Oh, and did you know that all those people in Nagasaki, Hiroshima, and the Chernobyl neighborhood that got cancer, only got cancer because they didn't eat right? That's right! Silly people.
post #6 of 9

i couldn't agree with you more. i am hypertensive and borderline diabetic that's why my doctor suggested that i take fish oil supplement. so far so good! i don't really like to eat fish so the capsules are the next option.

 

so far my hypertension is under control and so is my LDL.

post #7 of 9

No comment on BP medicine, since my BP is fine.

 

I took statins for 15 years. During the last year, when I started upping my mileage, the cramping became unbearable. Not only would I get massive charlie-horses right after a ride; I would get cramps in my calves, instep, and feet all night long. About 2 months ago I quit the statins totally, and 80% of the cramping disappeared. 

 

I was worried about my cholesterol, but did some research and everything I read convinced me that the overall cholesterol number, which they use as the basis for prescribing statins, is practically useless. Even LDL reading can be deceptive, since what really counts is the size of the LDL. The most reliable indicators appear to be HDL and the Overall Cholesterol / HDL Ratio. Before I eliminated most of the easily digestible carbs (sugar, white pasta, white rice, etc.) from my diet 3 years ago, my HDL was 44. Since that time, and 45 pounds lighter, my HDL climbed to 72 (60 is optimal), and my OC/HDL ratio went from 4.3 (average) to 2.9 (very good). 

 

My mom had high overall cholesterol all her life. Just before she died, at age 97, it was measured at 275. 

 

I'm not arguing here that no one should take statins, since I'm not a medical doctor. I'm just suggesting that before anyone does take them, they might do some research and see if they can get their numbers to where they should be with diet and exercise. 

post #8 of 9

High blood pressure is a common condition in which the force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.High blood pressure increases the risk of heart disease and stroke so it’s important to know how to lower high blood pressure. Hypertension risk factors include obesity, drinking too much alcohol, smoking, and family history.There are generally no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you usually don't feel it. In fact, nearly one-third of people who have hypertension don't know it. The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis. This is especially important if you have a close relative who has high blood pressure.

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by viraj View Post

High blood pressure is a common condition in which the force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.High blood pressure increases the risk of heart disease and stroke so it’s important to know how to lower high blood pressure. Hypertension risk factors include obesity, drinking too much alcohol, smoking, and family history.There are generally no symptoms of high blood pressure, so you usually don't feel it. In fact, nearly one-third of people who have hypertension don't know it. The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to get your blood pressure checked on a regular basis. This is especially important if you have a close relative who has high blood pressure.


So, that's what high blood press is.  Interesting.  I always thought it was condition in which your blood spirit just felt a lot of stress from poor working conditions, lots of bills, or a difficult relationship.  

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Cycling Forums › Forums › Bikes › Health Nutrition and Supplements › Cholesterol and high blood pressure ripoffs