or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

post #1 of 9
I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I paid $1799 for this bike less
than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO. The bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40
miles. I have finally received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur ), which is why I
am getting rid of this one. If you are interested, please e-mail me at dscahill@bellsouth.net, or
call 704-875-1418. I have original owners manuals/pumps, etc. Also, you can go to
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/s/dscahill/bike.html to see pictures.

Specs

http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2003/...n/liquid20.jsp

FRAME ZR 9000 AlloyT in a long-travel, full-suspension design that quickly adjusts to match the
terrain. Lighter than titanium, stronger than steel.

SUSPENSION RockShox Psylo XC fork (125mm travel) and Fox Talas R rear air shock (up to 5" of rear
wheel travel) adjust on the fly to changing conditions.

WHEELS Bontrager Race Disc Tubeless are light but durable, with disc brakes for superior stopping
power in slop or steep descents.

COMPONENTS Bontrager Race crank and Deore LX/XT 9-speed shifting.
post #2 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

"Dumbon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I paid $1799 for this bike less
> than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO. The bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40
> miles. I have finally received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur )

This is a riot on so many levels, I can't stop laughing. Try rec.bicycles.marketplace for a real
sucker, you may get lucky because I doubt anyone here with the exception of a few are stupid enough
to pay that much for obvious garbage.

JD
post #3 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

My apologies. I will post elsewhere. The price I posted was based on suggestions from a few LBS's in
Charlotte. I didn't know it would ruffle so many feathers!

"Ruger9" <ruger9@bigmailbox.net> wrote in message news:3f6c31a8.4524375@news.comcast.giganews.com...
> On 18 Sep 2003 09:05:33 -0700, CKAGMD@webtv.net (JD) wrote:
>
> >"Dumbon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I
paid
> >> $1799 for this bike less than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO.
The
> >> bike has been ridden about 8 times, totaling ~40 miles. I have finally received "permission" to
> >> buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz Blur )
> >
> >This is a riot on so many levels, I can't stop laughing. Try rec.bicycles.marketplace for a real
> >sucker, you may get lucky because I doubt anyone here with the exception of a few are stupid
> >enough to pay that much for obvious garbage.
> >
> >JD
>
> I wondered how long it would take you to post another useless Trek-bashing reply. I'm surprised it
> took you so long. You're getting slow in your old age there, JD.
>
> ELi
post #4 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:05:19 -0400, "Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I predicted an assault from you and you proved me right. However, I agree with you on the
>ridiculous price, and the undesirable fact that he posted here!

What's really ridiculous is that 2003 Liquids sold so well Trek is blowing them out. A Liquid 20
could probably be had for less than $1450 brand new.

AFAIK, Trek has every size and color in stock at warehouses across the country. The 2004 Liquids are
an awful lot like a Giant VT, a nice complement to Giant. <G>

Barry
post #5 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding aside, I actually do
appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <Keep_it_in_the_newsgroup_please@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:05:19 -0400, "Zilla" <zilla62XSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> >I predicted an assault from you and you proved me right. However, I agree with you on the
> >ridiculous price, and the undesirable fact that he posted here!
>

> What's really ridiculous is that 2003 Liquids sold so well Trek is blowing them out. A Liquid 20
> could probably be had for less than $1450 brand new.
>
> AFAIK, Trek has every size and color in stock at warehouses across the country. The 2004 Liquids
> are an awful lot like a Giant VT, a nice complement to Giant. <G>
>
> Barry
post #6 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

ruger9@bigmailbox.net (Ruger9) wrote in message news:<3f6c31a8.4524375@news.comcast.giganews.com>...
> On 18 Sep 2003 09:05:33 -0700, CKAGMD@webtv.net (JD) wrote:
>
> >"Dumbon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> I have a 2003 Trek Liquid 20 for sale. The bike is a 17.5" frame. I paid $1799 for this bike
> >> less than six weeks ago, and am asking $1450 OBO. The bike has been ridden about 8 times,
> >> totaling ~40 miles. I have finally received "permission" to buy my dream bike (Santa Cruz
> >> Blur )
> >
> >This is a riot on so many levels, I can't stop laughing. Try rec.bicycles.marketplace for a real
> >sucker, you may get lucky because I doubt anyone here with the exception of a few are stupid
> >enough to pay that much for obvious garbage.
> >
> >JD
>
> I wondered how long it would take you to post another useless Trek-bashing reply.

Bashing trek (aka "The Machine") is far from useless to someone who really rides.

> I'm surprised it took you so long. You're getting slow in your old age there, JD.

I'd rather be slow than stupid as you are eli. How goes your bid to dumb down all of your favorite
trails in your area so all of the other lame retards like yourself can ride them unencumbered?

JD
post #7 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

"Damon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding aside, I actually do
> appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?

Do yourself a favor, Damon. Don't listen to barry bargain. He's about as credible here as Charles
Manson in an American Legion Post meeting.

JD
post #8 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

On 19 Sep 2003 14:35:13 -0700, CKAGMD@webtv.net (JD) wrote:

>"Damon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding aside, I actually do
>> appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?
>
>Do yourself a favor, Damon. Don't listen to barry bargain. He's about as credible here as Charles
>Manson in an American Legion Post meeting.
>
>JD

er... JD?

I think you mean Barry Sanders? Please don't confuse us.

Barry
post #9 of 9

Re: Trek Liquid 20 for Sale

> On 19 Sep 2003 14:35:13 -0700, CKAGMD@webtv.net (JD) wrote:
>
> >"Damon Cahill" <damoncahill@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >> They have every color........all ONE of them on the Liquid 20? All kidding aside, I actually do
> >> appreciate the feedback. So, I got bad advice from the LBS. What is a fair price for this bike?
> >
> >Do yourself a favor, Damon. Don't listen to barry bargain. He's about as credible here as Charles
> >Manson in an American Legion Post meeting.
> >
> >JD
>

> er... JD?
>
> I think you mean Barry Sanders? Please don't confuse us.
>
> Barry

Though I didn't quote you, I can see that I definitely need to apologize for this faux pas.
Sorry, Mr Burke.

JD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home