or Connect
Cycling Forums › Forums › General › The Bike Cafe › On the road today....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

On the road today.... - Page 5

post #61 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Here's one that I took last week. The interesting part is at the bottom, the hand written posting that says, "Work is slavery. Capitalism is prison." Of course, that means this pole is near the University.

....uhm.....for some reason the forum isn't interested in actually performing the upload of the pic......standby......
post #62 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator View Post
Here's one that I took last week. The interesting part is at the bottom, the hand written posting that says, "Work is slavery. Capitalism is prison." Of course, that means this pole is near the University.

....uhm.....for some reason the forum isn't interested in actually performing the upload of the pic......standby......
I couldn't get that function to work at all last time I tried to upload a pic, so I opened a photobucket free account to link the pic...
post #63 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Here are three pics, partly as an experiment to prove that I am the upload master and partly to show rides from the last week.

The forestry road is through a large commercial pinus radiata forest, and I rode about 14kms of gravel logging roads on my Caad 9 as part of a 100km loop. Just sheer grin inducing stuff, quite rough in places, but the solitude and the challenge make it.

The inner city one was me playing with the tilt shift app in my phone.
Almost makes Auckland look like a real city.

The sunny pic was taken on a mid week ride mid ride, in the countryside north of the city. Lovely quiet roads.
LL
LL
LL
post #64 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator View Post
Actually, I read in Nature, that geckos are, more often than not, found to the left of round pipe looking things. They are, however, almost always right handed.
No, that's not true, most geckos are sinister at birth, but have their cack-handedness beaten out of them by parents, so they end up being almost invariably ambidextrous.
post #65 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Paramount View Post
I bought a humming bird feeder a few weeks ago, but so far we haven't heard any humming.
Humming birds, tres cool. Do they hum in an absent minded fashion, or are they quite purposeful with it?
post #66 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator View Post
Here's one that I took last week. The interesting part is at the bottom, the hand written posting that says, "Work is slavery. Capitalism is prison." Of course, that means this pole is near the University.

....uhm.....for some reason the forum isn't interested in actually performing the upload of the pic......standby......

Clearly, I am now the upload master:
LL
post #67 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniwha View Post
...so they end up being almost invariably ambidextrous.
That's insane! Geckos can't even swim!
post #68 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniwha View Post
Here are three pics, partly as an experiment to prove that I am the upload master and partly to show rides from the last week.

The forestry road is through a large commercial pinus radiata forest, and I rode about 14kms of gravel logging roads on my Caad 9 as part of a 100km loop. Just sheer grin inducing stuff, quite rough in places, but the solitude and the challenge make it.

The inner city one was me playing with the tilt shift app in my phone.
Almost makes Auckland look like a real city.

The sunny pic was taken on a mid week ride mid ride, in the countryside north of the city. Lovely quiet roads.
Very artistic cell phone photo work there, Taniwha! Auckland looks very goth....
post #69 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienator View Post
Clearly, I am now the upload master:

Hmmm, I wonder who's paying the tuition for the person who posted the Work Is Slavery/Capitalism is Prison?
post #70 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniwha View Post
Humming birds, tres cool. Do they hum in an absent minded fashion, or are they quite purposeful with it?
We don't know for sure yet and we're a bit divided on our expectations. I'm hoping they hum Beatles songs, but the Missus prefers gangsta rap.
post #71 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Paramount View Post
Hmmm, I wonder who's paying the tuition for the person who posted the Work Is Slavery/Capitalism is Prison?
Their slave parents, of course.
post #72 of 121

Re: On the road today....

From today, bike got a touch grubby.

It was brilliant fun.
LL
LL
LL
post #73 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniwha View Post
From today, bike got a touch grubby.

It was brilliant fun.
Good stuff. It's always heartening to see a dirty bike, one used the way their supposed to be used.
post #74 of 121

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniwha View Post
From today, bike got a touch grubby.

It was brilliant fun.
Looks like you got a bit grubby too!

That does look like fun riding....
post #75 of 121
Thread Starter 

Re: On the road today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Paramount View Post
Looks like you got a bit grubby too!
Oh, he's grubby in a lot more ways--some of the bestially immoral and vegetatively erotic--than you could possibly imagine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Bike Cafe
Cycling Forums › Forums › General › The Bike Cafe › On the road today....