Loch Quoich TR

Leonard Trim

Guest
Friday night saw Chris and I ensconced in the Invergarry Hotel knocking back pints of Dark Island.
It was only a short stroll back to the hostel on the other side of the river. Highly recommended by
the way. All mod cons if a little short on atmosphere. Maybe we were missing the rest of the club.
Saturday we drove down Loch Quoich side and popped up Sgurr a Mhaoraich. Superb views over to Ladhar
Bheinn, Sgriol etc., Blue skies, no cloud, but strong wind and very cold. Went out to do the Top
then round to Am Bathaich and down the excellent stalkers path. Six hours. Saturday night was a huge
Asda curry for two for me. Then two bottles of wine between the two of us. The New World as usual
knocking France into a cocked hat. Sunday, feeling slightly pickled was back down the lochside to
the dam and up Gairich. This has to be the wettest path in Britain. I had slaistery peat bog up over
my gaiters on more than one occasion. Just stood in a stream to get the mud off before getting back
into my car. Five hours. Home in Fife for tea after an excellent weekend. 224 Munros and counting.

--
Len Trim [email protected]

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:07:51 GMT, Leonard Trim wrote:

>Friday night saw Chris and I ensconced in the Invergarry Hotel knocking back pints of Dark Island.

Drool... You abstard!

>It was only a short stroll back to the hostel on the other side of the river. Highly recommended by
>the way. All mod cons if a little short on atmosphere. Maybe we were missing the rest of the club.

I had the place to myself earlier this year for two days, very nice as you say.

>Saturday we drove down Loch Quoich side and popped up Sgurr a Mhaoraich. Superb views over to
>Ladhar Bheinn, Sgriol etc., Blue skies, no cloud, but strong wind and very cold. Went out to do the
>Top then round to Am Bathaich and down the excellent stalkers path. Six hours. Saturday night was a
>huge Asda curry for two for me. Then two bottles of wine between the two of us. The New World as
>usual knocking France into a cocked hat. Sunday, feeling slightly pickled was back down the
>lochside to the dam and up Gairich. This has to be the wettest path in Britain. I had slaistery
>peat bog up over my gaiters on more than one occasion. Just stood in a stream to get the mud off
>before getting back into my car. Five hours. Home in Fife for tea after an excellent weekend. 224
>Munros and counting.

Hope you make it before your liver packs up. :)

Sorry to take so long to reply Phil but it has been Parents Nights at school this week. Very hectic.
As for the potential cirhosis of the liver- thank god I only get away once a month! Come to think of
it my next trip is the club Christmas dinner at Onich so we will be getting down to some serious
drinking, but not until I finish my last two Mamores.

--
Len Trim [email protected]