or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wanted: spare lungs.

post #1 of 39
Simon wrote:

>1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and
> bridal ways.
>
>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

Hmmm... The bike he loves, riding it down the BRIDAL path. How sweet.

Simon, I think you meant "bridle"

Miles
post #2 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Simon wrote:
> I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
> physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I
> had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I
> am all geared up and heading out.
> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
> within my chest.

Have my lungs. They're ****ed.

ps - sigs should be a maximum of five lines.
post #3 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote:

>I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due to
>physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still I
>had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later I
>am all geared up and heading out.
>1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
> within my chest. So I stop, cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then
> carry on. The rest of the day went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as
> such. Result: A day spent in the saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of 42.28 miles, legs
> feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>
>This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of ****e fitness but I have not ridden
>for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done
>bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>
>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?

Peace, Bill

:-]
post #4 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

"miles todd" <mdtodd@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:3DF93052.2030103@san.rr.com...

> Simon wrote:
>
> >1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network
of
> >towpaths and bridal ways.
> >
> >Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
> >
> Hmmm... The bike he loves, riding it down the BRIDAL path. How sweet.
>
> Simon, I think you meant "bridle"
>

> Miles

Touching isn't it. A boy and his bike. Awwww!

Mike
post #5 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

"Simon" <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote in message
news:377K9.6366$_p5.104174@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net... <snip>
> 15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
within my chest. So I stop, cough
> up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on.
<snip>
> next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>
> Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

Just don't take any photos of the things you cough up and we'll look forward to seeing them

Trentus
post #6 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Simon <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote in message

<sbipped good work>

> This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of ****e
fitness
> but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So
> personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are
> interested.

If only you'd have made 42.29 miles, we'd be well impressed.

Shaun aRe - Too fooked ATM to ride that far.
post #7 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have the last laugh!

panda

"Simon" <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote in message
> I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge
> go out riding. Due to physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take
> things easy, but still I had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost
> and so 45 minutes later I am all geared up and heading out.
> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs
are
> on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear within my chest. So I stop,
cough
> up what can only be described as not of this earth and then carry on. The rest of the day went
> well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness as such. Result: A day spent in the
> saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
42.28
> miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>
> This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of ****e
fitness
> but I have not ridden for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So
> personally I think I done bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are
> interested.
>
> Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.

> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
> or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk
post #8 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

"Sam Bixby" <sam.bixby@eril.net> wrote in message
> you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have
the
> last laugh!
>
> panda

"I used to complain about having no shoes until I met a man with no feet."

Mike - So I took his, not like he needed 'em.......WHAT?!!!!!
post #9 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:43:29 +0000, D_D <you.smell@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:24:31 -0000, "Simon" <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>I woke up this morning to a dense, low lieing fog and an incrdedible urge to go out riding. Due
>>>to physical limitations (recovering from broken back) I knew I had to take things easy, but still
>>>I had to go. Lucky for me my "adult.bmx" still has a full length seatpost and so 45 minutes later
>>>I am all geared up and heading out.
>>> 1.5 miles of road riding from my front door and I am entering a network of towpaths and bridal
>>> ways. Deciding to head towards Nottingham castle I set off at a pace I would deem
>>> reasonable..........15 minutes later my lungs are on fire and some pretty nasty pains appear
>>> within my chest. So I stop, cough up what can only be described as not of this earth and then
>>> carry on. The rest of the day went well with surprisingly no more pains hassle and tiredness
>>> as such. Result: A day spent in the saddle of my adult.bmx covering a total of
>>>42.28 miles, legs feeling like jelly, extreme tiredness and a huge grin from ear to ear.
>>>
>>>This may seem like naff all distance, an excellent display of ****e fitness but I have not ridden
>>>for a year now due to injury and I live with a girl that smokes. So personally I think I done
>>>bloody well........next trip I shall take some photos for those that are interested.
>>>
>>>Simon.......Riding the bike he loves.
>>
>> Good ride Simon! since when is 42 miles a "naff"<==WTF does that mean?
>>

>'naff all' as in clog all, bugger all fu*k all. I have done clog all today = I have done
>nothing today.
>
>naff on its own is something different.
>
>from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
>
>naff adjective BRITISH SLANG not stylish or fashionable, and therefore worthless He was wearing
>incredibly naff trousers in an awful bright colour. The way she sings is so naff, don't you think?
>
>D_D

Gracias amigo!

:-]
post #10 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Simon <news@tau-designs.co.uk> wrote in message news:tDkK9.420$i2.70982@newsfep2-gui...

> "bomba" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | ps - sigs should be a maximum of five lines.
> |
> Sorry dude, shall change it!

Ignore him - he's just trying to be a German.

Shaun aRe
post #11 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Michael Dart <mrdart@erols.com> wrote in message news:atco8t$arg$1@bob.news.rcn.net...

> "Sam Bixby" <sam.bixby@eril.net> wrote in message
> > you can have mine but since i have cystic fibrosis, i think i shall have
> the
> > last laugh!
> >
> > panda
> >

> "I used to complain about having no shoes until I met a man with no feet."
>
> Mike - So I took his, not like he needed 'em.......WHAT?!!!!!

On the beer again MD?

Shaun aRe - don't need it.
post #12 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Bill Wheeler <billwheeler@mtbingrocks.net> wrote in message
> >'naff all' as in clog all, bugger all fu*k all. I have done clog all
today =
> >I have done nothing today.
> >
> >naff on its own is something different.
> >
> >from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
> >
> >naff adjective BRITISH SLANG not stylish or fashionable, and therefore worthless He was
> >wearing incredibly naff trousers in an awful bright colour. The way she sings is so naff,
> >don't you think?
> >
> >D_D

"Gracias amigo!"

WTF does that mean, some ****ty Merkin' slang or summat?

Shaun aRe
post #13 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

>>| ps - sigs should be a maximum of five lines.
>>|
>>Sorry dude, shall change it!
>

> Ignore him - he's just trying to be a German.

Google 'netiquette' and 'sigs'.

post #14 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:09:26 +0000, Shaun Rimmer did issue forth:

> Ignore him - he's just trying to be a German.

Are you wearing overalls, JH?

--
Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org
post #15 of 39

Re: wanted: spare lungs.

"Jonathan Harris" <myarse247@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3DF9E197.3040104@hotmail.com...

> >>Sorry dude, shall change it!
> >

> > Ignore him - he's just trying to be a German.
>
> Google 'netiquette' and 'sigs'.
>
> --

Usenet Nazi!!!

Mike