Back to Work Tomorrow

-Lsqnot Respond

Guest
Sort of. I've still got a lot of sick note left but the boredom is beginning to outweigh the
pain[1]. Because I'm still officially unfit to work I've had to work a bureaucratic fix that gets
round our H&S policies by going in as a visitor. The alternative of getting myself signed fit isn't
too attractive as it still hurts, it's still in a sling and not moving and I haven't even started
physio yet.

Commuting will be by taxi.

[1] Also, I'm beginning to get a little paranoid. How long can you be out of office before someone
calculates that they could save an awful lot of money by making the arrangement permanent?

"[Not Responding]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> How long can you be out of office before someone calculates that they could save an awful lot of
> money by making the arrangement permanent?

In the current job environment, if you come back from a tea break and you've still got your job,
then you're doing well :-/

Cheers,

Graeme

[Not Responding] wrote:
> Sort of. I've still got a lot of sick note left but the boredom is beginning to outweigh the
> pain[1]. Because I'm still officially unfit to work I've had to work a bureaucratic fix that gets
> round our H&S policies by going in as a visitor. The alternative of getting myself signed fit
> isn't too attractive as it still hurts, it's still in a sling and not moving and I haven't even
> started physio yet.
>
> Commuting will be by taxi.
>

> [1] Also, I'm beginning to get a little paranoid. How long can you be out of office before someone
> calculates that they could save an awful lot of money by making the arrangement permanent?

I sympathise with you. Last summer I had 7wls off work for a shattered shoulder and cracked pelvis
(grass track racing). All I can say is don't push to get back. I did half days for a few weeks after
the initial 7wks off, and was feeling fairly knackered by lunch time. The doctor has good reason to
sign you off for that time. Make the most of it and repair yourself (I know it can be boring this
time of year). I even found it difficult to sit at a PC for more than 10 minutes initially. I'm
still attending physio and not fully signed off from the hospital (still got bruising coming out)
after more than 6 months.

Take it easy (the physio will hurt)

--
Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

> [1] Also, I'm beginning to get a little paranoid. How long can you be out of office before someone
> calculates that they could save an awful lot of money by making the arrangement permanent?

My brother in law took a sabbatical from his management job to get a fresh perspective on life. Half
way throught the year the redundancy notice arrived. He became a taxi driver and loves it. He works
long hours when there's plenty of customers and goes on holiday in the quiet periods (when he puts a
hired hand in his car).

John