Question

Carey1003

Guest
Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at home" works. Also, how
does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to get back on the program.

Carey

Hi Carey,

I've done the online WW program for a year, and have lost over 80 pounds. I'm highly motivated, but
this newsgroup and the WW boards offer a lot of support. Try it...

Carol

318/237.2/169
80.8 lost since December 2002
I am a slim person in process.
"Carey1003" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at
home"
> works. Also, how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to
get
> back on the program.
>
> Carey

I'm another online person! I don't go to meetings, but I come here for support and advice. I
journal through WW online. I keep up with it throughout the day because I'm on the computer anyway.
You have access to the menus and recipe databases, articles on weightloss and health, and the
weight tracker program.

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Carey1003" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040106133825.09599.00002160@mb-
m17.aol.com...
> Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at
home"
> works. Also, how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to
get
> back on the program.
>
> Carey

I know folks here who do online. I would imagine a big part of it is your own personal disposition -
can you do it on your own? Do you need meetings support and the face-off with the dreaded scale on a
personal level.

There are quite a few folks who have managed online with great success
- t hey will probably chime in.

Good luck.

On 06 Jan 2004 18:38:25 GMT, [email protected] (Carey1003) wrote:

>Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at home" works. Also,
>how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to get back on the program.
>
>Carey

It works if you work it.

I'm an Onliner and find it to be what works best for me. The online tools have made all the
difference; I love that all the points calculation is done for me. I love the huge database of
foods. I like that I can save my favorite foods and favorite meals, and that I can add my own foods.
The grocery list feature is a nice benefit as the optional meal plans which can be added directly to
your journal. But of course, all of that means nothing unless I don't follow the program and journal
every day.

This NG provides the best kind of support for me. I find I can speak up much more easily here than
I could in a face to face meeting. People are far more open about their experiences, fears,
worries, successes, challenges, questions here in this ng than in meetings. Maybe the anonymity
helps with that.

Between the WW Online program and this ng, I've finally found the tools I need to support my
weight loss effort. But everyone's different and you'll have to decide/figure out for yourself
what works for you.

Good luck. Prairie Roots
232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

On 06 Jan 2004 18:38:25 GMT, [email protected] (Carey1003) wrote:

>Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at home" works. Also,
>how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to get back on the program.
>
>Carey

I can't do it without the meetings but there are many here who have lost and
done very well, good luck, Lee
Carey1003 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at
home"
> works. Also, how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to
get
> back on the program.
>
> Carey

Guess it all depends on how motivated you are to tackle the problem and follow the program on your
own. I have been very successful with the online program, joined in Feb. 2002 and have lost about 98
pounds, reaching my goal and lifetime (online members don't actually receive *official* lifetime
status - I gave it to myself as I feel I deserved it just as much as those attending weekly
meetings) - as well as maintaining for over 6 months now. I will say though - you are totally on
your own. No cheers, no hurrahs, no advice, help, nada. You won't get any rewards, awards,
bookmarks, keychains, handouts, etc. The online program gives you access to your journal, food
database with point values, recipes and recipe converter (which I rarely use either of) - as well as
message boards (which I also don't use). I feel a crucial part of my success did come from
participating heavily in this newsgroup. There were always hints and tips being thrown out, findings
of new products as well as items that should be steered away from - suggestions of what worked for
some, and what might not. If I got stuck, someone always was able to come up with a possibility of
where I might be figuring things wrong. I am not a meeting type person, have done it before, got
nothing at all out of them. But that is only ME!

If you need to have that *in your face* approach, someone to weigh you every week to keep you on
track, then online is not going to be your thing. If you can venture on your own, be honest with
yourself (instead of that old 'I don't like todays weight results, so I'll weigh in tomorrow'
routine) - you probably will be very successful with the online program. Only you know what you need
to succeed.

Joyce
228.8 (2/5/02)/130.8/150 ---> 2/21/03 - total lost 98 lbs. LIFETIME: 4/4/03

On 06 Jan 2004 18:38:25 GMT, [email protected] (Carey1003) wrote:

>Hi, I can no longer attend my meetings and I was wondering if the "on line at home" works. Also,
>how does it work? Any insight will be helpful, I need to get back on the program.
>
>Carey

My sentiments exactly. I've lost 19 pounds since Oct 2.

news:[email protected]...