Force Ten Assault tent

Hello, Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!??? John.

--
http://www.pbase.com/john28july "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:
>
> > Just arrived mt new Force Ten tent. Looking forward to some widy trips! Pictures showing
> > http://www.pbase.com/john28july
>
> Looks very nice! Not a very subtle colour though, is it?
>
> Paul
> --
> http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
> http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749

John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:

> Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!???

A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a team
of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them IME.

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

> John and Pauline at Thornbury wrote:
>
> > Its bright Orange so you can see it when you get lost!!!???
>
> A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
> life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a
> team of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them
IME.

> Pete.
> --
> Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells
> Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email protected]
> http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Nothing better than descending from a very exacting day in foul weather and seeing the warm orange
glow of Force Ten's looming out of the clag......

Rifleman wrote:

> Nothing better than descending from a very exacting day in foul weather=
and
> seeing the warm orange glow of Force Ten's looming out of the clag.....=
=2E

My Tarra ("the Crimson Palace") is fairly loud (see=20
http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/pictures.htm#paddling) and=20 actually shows up even
better than a F10 in snow. I would've preferred green, but due to the way the stock and discount=20
possibilities worked it would've been an extra =A375, so I decided red wa= s=20 good after all... I
like the way the combination of the yellow inner=20 and red outer make sunny mornings into a warm
glow inside, reminiscent=20 of the old F10s.

The Spacepacker, in dark green, is rather better if I want to be in=20 Stealth Mode.

Pete. --=20 Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics,

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> A Force 10 that isn't bright orange just isn't right somehow, unless it's pale orange from a long
> life of sun fading. There were the old CN versions with a green fly, but as they still needed a
> team of trained men to carry anywhere most people didn't bother going "light" with them IME.

Don't know about the train of teamed "men" but Carol (female!) and I managed the Vango Mk11 on our
Ultimate Challenge crossing. I also used a Mk111 on the Tour de Mont Blanc. The combination of
inobtrusive green fly and a warming sunset orange interior was excellent. Sadly, both were recently
consigned to the Great Campsite in the Sky as were not used in many years, having been usurped by
the mighty Saunders Spacepacker (green, naturally).

Anthony

Hello, It doesnt seem possible to compare a Saunders Spacepacker with a Force Ten Assault. The
Saunders is a lightweight backpacking 3 season tent-not a 5 season windstormer! Best regards. John.

--
http://www.pbase.com/john28july
news:[email protected]...