I'm the Fat Girl!

Claygal_2001

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4142F.8BDFB990 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

I was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
mirror, and = the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M*
the fat girl!!

That said, I did join WW last week, and have been going to
the gym (yes, = and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
week to start...)

So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my food
plan, but I = can't sit through the meetings. An hour of a
leader trying to sell = products is sheer hell to me. And
the people there are all trying to = figure out how to
make cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are = in
a snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in
the first = place! There are no other meetings convenient
to me, as I have kids and = have to fit it into
my/their/our schedule.

I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have a
WW meal for = lunch, alot with a salad, because that
takes away the decision making = for me at that meal - a
trouble spot. =20

I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
anywhere near a = "good" weight for myself. I'm being
real about that - not trying to = get myself down to my
teenage size.

thanks for letting me vent. I'm so bummed and ******
at myself.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4142F.8BDFB990 Content-Type:
text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META
content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was at the gym today,
caught a = glimpse of myself=20 in the mirror, and
the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M* the =
fat=20 girl!!</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That said, I did join WW
last week, and = have been=20 going to the gym (yes,
and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a week =
to=20 start...)</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So how do I quit feeling
so = crappy? I'm=20 following my food plan, but
I can't sit through the meetings. An = hour of
a=20 leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to
me. And the people = there=20 are all trying to
figure out how to make cheesecake from Splenda, and =
how many=20 points are in a snickers. That
stuff is what got me into this mess = in the=20 first
place! There are no other meetings convenient
to me, as I = have kids=20 and have to fit it into
my/their/our schedule.</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working real hard at
eating "real" = food. =20 I do have a WW meal
for lunch, alot with a salad, because that takes =
away the=20 decision making for me at that meal - a
trouble spot. = </FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm 45, 2 kids, and need
to lose about = 60 lbs to=20 get anywhere near a
"good" weight for myself. I'm being real
= about=20 that - not trying to get myself down to my
teenage size.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks for letting me
vent. I'm = so bummed and=20 ****** at
myself.</DIV>
<DXV><BR> </DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4142F.8BDFB990--

Welcome to the news group. Vent away. That's what
we're here for.

Maybe you should be made at the leader for trying to sell WW
products. Speak up at a meeting or call the regional office
and complain. That is NOT what the meetings are all about.
It is about support and encouragement plus help on staying
on program. The meeting that I go to is about tips on how to
get your water and veggies in. How to break a stall. How to
stay motivated. Lots of good people there. We don't talk
about how to convert fattening foods into good ones. We do
share info on where to find *real* food that is healthy for
us as well as low in points.

Have you looked at doing their online program?

"claygal_2001" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... I was at the
[...]

Welcome to the newsgroup! Please don't feel bad about
venting, we all do it from time to time.

Many here go to the meetings faithfully, many do it online
only, and some of us just follow the program without doing
either. You'll find the folks in this group to be very
informative and supportive, and a wonderful supplement to
your meetings.

I know exactly how you felt at the gym, I've been caught off-
guard by mirrors too. Now I'm waiting to be surprised by how
GOOD the reflection looks!

The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to
remember that you ARE taking steps to lose weight! You're
working out, you've joined WW and you're following the
program. It's a gradual process, so don't feel bad if you
don't see miracle results overnight. If you're not seeing
any progress in a couple of weeks then feel free to post
your meal journals here so our "panel of experts" can give
you feedback on them! I'd also suggest keeping track of your
measurements - remember that since you're working out you'll
be gaining muscle while you lose fat, which can affect the
number you're seeing on the scale although you're still
losing inches.

If you feel adventurous, join in one of our challenges!
We're partway through the Spring Into Action exercise
challenge, and the Weight No More weight loss challenge is
just starting. The URL for both of those is in my signature.

Keep checking in here, you'll find it does a world of good.

Amberle3

--
Amberle3
249/219/210-minigoal/150?

- Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
- Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm
- Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/wnm.htm

------=_NextPart_000_0525_01C4142B.3DD11B80 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

Don't be ****** at yourself. It does do any good. You're
changing the = way you eat and you've found this newsgroup.
You can rant here and get = really great advice. =20

Welcome :)

Julie "claygal_2001" <[email protected]> wrote in
[...]

content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Don't be ****** at
yourself. It = does do any=20 good.
You're changing the way you eat and you've found
this=20 newsgroup. You can rant here and get
really great advice. =20 </FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Welcome :)</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Julie</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT:
#000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIX>"claygal_2001" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:claygal_2-
[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> =
wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:-
qMo9c.3390$xo.= [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was at the gym
today, caught a = glimpse of=20 myself in the
mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy
****, = *I'M* the=20 fat girl!!</FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That said, I did join
WW last week, = and have been=20 going to the gym
(yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
= week to=20 start...)</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So how do I quit
feeling so = crappy? I'm=20 following my
food plan, but I can't sit through the
meetings. An = hour of=20 a leader trying to
sell products is sheer hell to me. And the =
people=20 there are all trying to figure out how
to make cheesecake from = Splenda, and=20 how many
points are in a snickers. That stuff is what
got me = into this=20 mess in the first
place! There are no other meetings
convenient = to me,=20 as I have kids and have to
fit it into my/their/our = schedule.</FONT></DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working real hard
at eating = "real"=20 food. I do have a WW
meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because =
that=20 takes away the decision making for me at
that meal - a trouble = spot. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm 45, 2 kids, and
need to lose = about 60 lbs to=20 get anywhere
near a "good" weight for myself. I'm
being = real about=20 that - not trying to get
myself down to my teenage size.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks for letting me
vent. I'm = so bummed=20 and ****** at
myself.</DIV>
<DXXI><BR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0525_01C4142B.3DD11B80--

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C41430.0B109B80 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

Not to worry, I was the fat girl most of my life, and a
couple of weeks = ago someone accused me of being one of
those skinny people who can eat = anything. Yeah, even a
snickers. If I were you I would go to the = meetings until
you connect with a couple of people if you can, you sound =
the way I did in the beginning. You can learn a lot there.
My meetings = are 30 minutes by the way, where are you
going? On the other hand, you = can come here and vent, and
maybe get enough support that way. =20

Lesanne
365/157/159 "claygal_2001" <[email protected]> wrote in
message =
news:[email protected]... I
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Not to worry, I was the fat girl most
of my life, = and a couple=20 of weeks ago someone
accused me of being one of those skinny people who =
can eat=20 anything. Yeah, even a
snickers. If I were you I would go to = the=20
meetings until you connect with a couple of people if
you can, you sound = the way=20 I did in the
beginning. You can learn a lot there. My =
meetings are=20 30 minutes by the way, where are you
going? On the other hand, you = can=20 come here
and vent, and maybe get enough support that way.
= </FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT size=3D2>Lesanne</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT size=3D2>365/157/159</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE
dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-
LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DVIII>"claygal_2001" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:claygal_2-
[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> =
wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:-
qMo9c.3390$xo.= [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was at the gym
today, caught a = glimpse of=20 myself in the
mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy
****, = *I'M* the=20 fat girl!!</FONT></DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That said, I did join
WW last week, = and have been=20 going to the gym
(yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
= week to=20 start...)</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So how do I quit
feeling so = crappy? I'm=20 following my
food plan, but I can't sit through the
meetings. An = hour of=20 a leader trying to
sell products is sheer hell to me. And the =
people=20 there are all trying to figure out how
to make cheesecake from = Splenda, and=20 how many
points are in a snickers. That stuff is what
got me = into this=20 mess in the first
place! There are no other meetings
convenient = to me,=20 as I have kids and have to
fit it into my/their/our = schedule.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working real hard
at eating = "real"=20 food. I do have a WW
meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because =
that=20 takes away the decision making for me at
that meal - a trouble = spot. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm 45, 2 kids, and
need to lose = about 60 lbs to=20 get anywhere
near a "good" weight for myself. I'm
being = real about=20 that - not trying to get
myself down to my teenage size.</FONT></DIV>
<DXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks for letting me
vent. I'm = so bummed=20 and ****** at
myself.</DIV>
<DXX><BR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C41430.0B109B80--

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C41445.3FC831C0 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

welcome to the group. I am sorry about your not liking the
meetings, = ours have little to do with selling us things.
just keep going and you = will lose, or perhaps try on
line. Lee claygal_2001 <[email protected]> wrote in
message = news:[email protected]... I
was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
mirror, and = the first thing I thought is "holy ****,
*I'M* the fat girl!!
=20
[...]

Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1" = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META
content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>welcome to the group. I am sorry about
your not = liking the=20 meetings, ours have little to
do with selling us things. just keep = going=20
and you will lose, or perhaps try on line.
Lee</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"BORDER-LEFT:
#000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: =
<DV>claygal_2001 <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:claygal_2001-
@yahoo.com">[email protected]</A>> = wrote
in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:-
qMo9c.3390$xo.= [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was at the gym today,
caught a = glimpse of=20 myself in the mirror, and
the first thing I thought is "holy ****, = *I'M*
the=20 fat girl!!</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That said, I did join
WW last week, = and have been=20 going to the gym
(yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
= week to=20 start...)</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So how do I quit
feeling so = crappy? I'm=20 following my food
plan, but I can't sit through the meetings.
An = hour of=20 a leader trying to sell products is
sheer hell to me. And the = people=20 there
are all trying to figure out how to make cheesecake
from = Splenda, and=20 how many points are in a
snickers. That stuff is what got me = into
this=20 mess in the first place! There are no
other meetings convenient = to me,=20 as I have
kids and have to fit it into my/their/our =
schedule.</FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working real hard
at eating = "real"=20 food. I do have a WW
meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because =
that=20 takes away the decision making for me at
that meal - a trouble = spot. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm 45, 2 kids, and
need to lose = about 60 lbs to=20 get anywhere near
a "good" weight for myself. I'm being =
real about=20 that - not trying to get myself down
to my teenage size.</FONT></DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks for letting me
vent. I'm = so bummed=20 and ****** at
myself.</DIV>
<DXVII><BR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C41445.3FC831C0--

Hi, and welcome. Many people here have found that WW Online
works, or just come here for your meetings :) Here's the
welcome notice. There are lots of good links and tips in
here to get you started.

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of
support, advice, and encouragement. Once a week on Sundays,
I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find
useful. You may want to look for that later in the week, or
do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ:
http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory
WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life (Living) OP = on
Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter,
Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

SIA - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm

WNM - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/wnm.htm

Other acronyms:
http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current
weight, as you lose weight those points allowed will
decrease (logic is that your body will need less to
operate). At 183 pounds and based on the new US flexpoints
system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition
to this you are allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout
the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on a
particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target
drops to 22 points ... weight reaches 150, target once
again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended
per day, 5 servings of fruit and veggies, minimum of 6
glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer
desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily
number of points. Points do not carry over from day to day.
You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your
discretion ... can divide them up and use daily (would be an
additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are
earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be used on the
day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be
a great thing for you to look into. There is lots of
information available, as well as the food point database
and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight:
133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK,
Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are different. The
UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat
and total kilojoules. Most of Europe calculates based on
total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above
can handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is
unusual in that most of the people who participate are
respectful, considerate folks who freely share their
experience with and knowledge of WW, weight loss, and
maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers
show up to post advertising, false information, insults, and
the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are just
trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this
newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try if
you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has
to find what works for him/herself. If someone posts
something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health
professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome
[...]

Welcome to the group.

You used your self-anger to propel you into doing something
positive about your weight: you joined WW and you've going
to the gym. Now that you're taking steps to improving your
health, you need to use your anger to keep you motivated to
persevere, not to keep beating yourself up. If all that good
effort and intention goes unrecognized and unrewarded,
you'll soon stop all that good effort!

I'm not a meeting person, and I've done very well using WW
Online tracking points and this newsgroup for support and
accountability. I'm proof that it can be done without
meetings. You just have to find what works for you.

Be patient and kind and gentle with yourself. Show
compassion for the person who is doing the best she can with
her life and her kids. When I can forgive myself for the
choices I've made in life, I'm much more able to cooperate
in making the big changes that lead to transformation.

Welcome to the group.

Linda P
232/155.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:13:10 GMT, "claygal_2001"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
>mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M*
>the fat girl!!
>
>That said, I did join WW last week, and have been going to
>the gym (yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
>week to start...)
>
>So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my food
>plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour of a
>leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me. And the
>people there are all trying to figure out how to make
>cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in a
>snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in the
>first place! There are no other meetings convenient to me,
>as I have kids and have to fit it into my/their/our
>schedule.
>
>I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have a WW
>meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that takes away
>the decision making for me at that meal - a trouble spot.
>
>I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
>anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
>real about that - not trying to get myself down to my
>teenage size.
>
>thanks for letting me vent. I'm so bummed and ******
>at myself.

> claygal_2001 wrote:
>
> I was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
> mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M*
> the fat girl!!
>
> That said, I did join WW last week, and have been going to
> the gym (yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
> week to start...)
>
> So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my food
> plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour of a
> leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me. And
> the people there are all trying to figure out how to make
> cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in a
> snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in the
> first place! There are no other meetings convenient to me,
> as I have kids and have to fit it into my/their/our
> schedule.
>
> I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have
> a WW meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that
> takes away the decision making for me at that meal - a
> trouble spot.
>
> I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
> anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
> real about that - not trying to get myself down to my
> teenage size.
>
> thanks for letting me vent. I'm so bummed and ******
> at myself.

I'm 47 with one 9 YO, and I too was the fat girl for many
years. I need to lose a total of 70 lbs to take me down to
the top end of my healthy weight range and BMI. I looked at
a picture if me at a wedding in the summer of 2002, and
though, 'It's gotta go!'

I started planning menus and we buy to the menu for the week
(less waste and better diet for the whole family - I do NOT
cook 3 different meals! That way madness lies... ). I bought
a pile of WW cookbooks: they are very good and a great help,
as everything is ready pointed. I feed everybody according
to the WW philosophy of lower fat, fresh cooked rather than
ready-meals, plenty of fruit and veg, and no-one, family or
guest, has complained! We eat well, are not hungry except in
time for the next meal, and attacks of the munchies that I
used to fill with chocolate bars and chocolate chip cookies
now get filled with sliced raw carrot and the occasional WW
snack bar.

So far I have lost 35 and a half pounds as of last weigh in
(2 weeks ago due to external work pressure). All meetings
are different, and my leader doesn't promote WW brand stuff.
There is a table of things there for sale, but she doesn't
push them. She will tell us of new products coming out, and
whether or not she thinks they are good, but the general
discussion is usually more to do with motivation and what
makes us successful. We discuss strategies for special
occasions, holidays, and the like, swap funny stories and
generally have a giggle.

For exercise, I walk 2 miles every day. I have to be careful
about exercise, as I have Fibromyalgia and need low impact
stuff like walking and swimming.

If the meeting doesn't suit you, why not buy yourself a
nice new accurate set of scales and transfer your
membership to on-line?

And NEVER beat yourself up over your weight: that's a sure
fire recipe for defeat! LIKE yourself as a person, and craft
the body slowly and carefully to suit your real personality.
If, inside, you are the cuddly mum with the ample lap and
the ready smile, boundless energy, and a way with the
occasional birthday cake, aim for that. If you are the
skinny witch with the bedroom eyes and the wicked smile, go
for that! Me, I'm that mad auntie with the cats and the
wicked taste in frocks... And, secretly, a really minute
weight issue. ;)

Welcome to the group.

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages
and explore!

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C414B9.4D8FEE00 Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable

First, congrat on taking the the proper steps and get it all
out. You = can vent all you one to us and we will listen.

Second, your meetings should not be a sales pitch. They
should be tips = and tricks on how to take off the weight.
In my meeting all the members = have fun and discuss the
week... good or bad. We let our leader talk = sometimes...
LOL. No, she does control the meetings. If you do not = like
the meetings there is the online way. I think there are a
few in = this newsgroup that use it, just ask around.

Third, if you want food advice, ask us here. I have been
going since = Januray 2004 and the best help is in this
newsgroup.

Fourth, Try this dessert for fun!!! You need Red Velvet Cake
and a 12oz can of Diet Coke. Mix the Diet Coke in the mix
instead of all the other stuff. Bake according to the box
and then let cool.

If I remember it is 4 points per slice and it makes 12
slices.

Fifth, set small goals along the way so you have something
to look = forward to that does not seem far away. Example,
make your first goal 5 = pounds or something like that. The
total you want will come with time, = just do not worry.

Charlie "claygal_2001" <[email protected]> wrote in
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First, congrat on taking
the the proper = steps and=20 get it all out.
You can vent all you one to us and we will=20
listen.</FONT></DIV>
<DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Second, your meetings
should not be a = sales=20 pitch. They should
be tips and tricks on how to take off the =
weight. =20 In my meeting all the members have
fun and discuss the week... good or=20 bad. We
let our leader talk sometimes... LOL. No, she
does = control=20 the meetings. If you do not
like the meetings there is the online=20 way.
I think there are a few in this newsgroup that use
it, just = ask=20 around.</FONT></DIV>
<DVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Third, if you want food
advice, ask us = here. =20 I have been going
since Januray 2004 and the best help is in this=20
newsgroup.</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fourth,</FONT></DIV>
<DXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Try this dessert for =
fun!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You need Red Velvet Cake
and a 12oz can = of Diet=20 Coke.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mix the Diet Coke in the
mix instead of = all the=20 other
stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bake according to the
box and then let=20 cool.</FONT></DIV>
<DXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I remember it is
4 points per = slice and it=20 makes 12
slices.</FONT></DIV>
<DXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Fifth, set small goals
along the way so = you have=20 something to look
forward to that does not seem far away.
Example, = make=20 your first goal 5 pounds or
something like that. The total you = want
will=20 come with time, just do not
worry.</FONT></DIV>
<DXIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Charlie</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-
LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DXXII>"claygal_2001" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:claygal_-
[email protected]">[email protected]</A>> =
wrote in=20 message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:-
qMo9c.3390$xo.= [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<DXXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was at the gym
today, caught a = glimpse of=20 myself in the
mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy
****, = *I'M* the=20 fat girl!!</FONT></DIV>
<DXXIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That said, I did join
WW last week, = and have been=20 going to the gym
(yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days
a = week to=20 start...)</FONT></DIV>
<DXXVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXVII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So how do I quit
feeling so = crappy? I'm=20 following my
food plan, but I can't sit through the
meetings. An = hour of=20 a leader trying
to sell products is sheer hell to me. And
the = people=20 there are all trying to figure
out how to make cheesecake from = Splenda, and=20
how many points are in a snickers. That
stuff is what got me = into this=20 mess in the
first place! There are no other meetings
convenient = to me,=20 as I have kids and have to
fit it into my/their/our = schedule.</FONT></DIV>
<DXXVIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXIX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm working real hard
at eating = "real"=20 food. I do have a WW
meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because =
that=20 takes away the decision making for me at
that meal - a trouble = spot. =20
</FONT></DIV>
<DXXX><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXXI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm 45, 2 kids, and
need to lose = about 60 lbs to=20 get anywhere
near a "good" weight for myself. I'm
being = real about=20 that - not trying to get
myself down to my teenage size.</FONT></DIV>
<DXXXII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DXXXIII><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks for letting me
vent. I'm = so bummed=20 and ****** at
myself.</DIV>
<DXXXIV><BR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTM-

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C414B9.4D8FEE00--

Welcome! I 'm not a meetings person either, I follow WW at
home and it suits me perfectly. (Actually here in Europe it'
s called WW by mail, basically you get all the booklets and
then you 're on your own.) I lost nearly 80 pounds and still
have a long way to go... I wasn't the fat girl, I was the
*very* fat girl. And now, I guess I would be a thin person
in a fat girl's disguise :) I have a very busy life and the
WW way of life, together with this newsgroup, has been a
lifesaver for me. I wish you all the best!

--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/98.1/minigoal 97.8 Goal 68 Kg
[...]

Very well said, Kate. Thanks for posting this.

Linda P On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:00:26 +0100, Kate Dicey <[email protected]

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
>mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M*
>the fat girl!!
>
>That said, I did join WW last week, and have been going to
>the gym (yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
>week to start...)
>
>So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my food
>plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour of a
>leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me. And the
>people there are all trying to figure out how to make
>cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in a
>snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in the
>first place! There are no other meetings convenient to me,
>as I have kids and have to fit it into my/their/our
>schedule.
>
>I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have a WW
>meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that takes away
>the decision making for me at that meal - a trouble spot.
>
>I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
>anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
>real about that - not trying to get myself down to my
>teenage size.
>
>thanks for letting me vent. I'm so bummed and ******
>at myself.

Welcome to the group.

Don't feel upset at yourself. You may be fat (we all
all/were or we wouldn't be here), but you are doing
something about it, and thats the first step to not
being fat.

If you don't like the meetings don't go. You can do WW
online, or you can do it on your own. There's loads of
information available on the net and groups like this to
give you all the encouragement you need.

good luck

Ray
--
rmnsuk
273/199/182

I know in the beginning it seems like an impossible task.
You look at the scale and you look in the mirror and you
think about that total number that you need to loose and you
say "no, way". Well, sister, I'm living proof that you can
say "yes, way".

I started WW last May. To date, I've lost 63.2 lbs, which
leaves 7.2 to go until I reach my WW goal. Keep in mind that
my WW goal is the very top number of the range for my
height. I'm not going for that pre-college weight either.
It's just not realistic.

It's been a slow and methodical process. It hasn't been
easy. I hate it when people tell me, "well, you didn't put
the weight on quickly, you shouldn't expect it to come off
quickly". I know that's true, but I still want it all off
NOW. I wanted it all off last May, but you know what they
say, wish in one hand, .....

If I can give you some advice, here's what I'd tell you.
1. Set small, achievable goals. Set the 10% weight loss
goal that WW recommends. Fixate on losing that much,
don't think about the total amount you want to loose. 60
is hard to wrap your brain around, 10 or 15 or 20 or
whatever is a much more managable number to deal with.
Also set some other goals: drinking X number of glasses
of water a day, exercising X number of minutes X times a
week, etc. When you've got a few of them down, set a few
more goals. Add them gradually, don't overwhelm youself
by thinking that you have to do it all now and you have
to do it all perfectly. Think progress, not perfection.
2. Don't deprive yourself of any food. If you want a candy
bar, have one. Just make sure you count it. This program
became so much easier for me when I truly began to
believe that there was no food that I couldn't have,
there was no place that I couldn't eat at. Always before
on diets I would steer clear of certain restaurants
because I felt that I wasn't allowed to have certain
food. Not true! I can have anything I want, I just have
had to learn how to have a reasonable portion.
3. Keep those troublesome foods out of the house. Seems
like a contradiction of number 2, I know. However, I
know that there are certain foods that I have trouble
controlling myself around. Potato chips, for one. I try
not to keep them in the house. If I just have to have
potato chips, then I have to make a special trip to get
them. Sometimes I do that, but most of the time I don't.
4. Be nice to yourself. Trust me, you will have good days,
when you feel like you've got the program down pat. Then
you will have not so good days, when it seems like
nothing nor any amount of it will satisfy you. That's
ok, we all have those days. Just pick yourself up, dust
off the crumbs and start again. Hopefully those not so
good days will help you to identify your troublesome
foods/times/situations. Learn from them and go on.

I started a Pilates class a month or two ago. I realized one
day that I *wasn't* the fat girl anymore - most of the women
in the class are much bigger than me. I had been the fat
girl for 10 years or more. I'm not the smallest one in the
class, but I'm not the biggest either. When you get to that
point, trust me, it will feel wonderful.

This is a very do-able program. Stick with it, and try not
to be so bummed, nor ******.

Tracy

> I was at the gym today, caught a glimpse of myself in the
> mirror, and the first thing I thought is "holy ****, *I'M*
> the fat girl!!
>
> That said, I did join WW last week, and have been going to
> the gym (yes, and working out - 30 mins of cardio 6 days a
> week to start...)
>
> So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my food
> plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour of a
> leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me. And
> the people there are all trying to figure out how to make
> cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in a
> snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in the
> first place! There are no other meetings convenient to me,
> as I have kids and have to fit it into my/their/our
> schedule.
>
> I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have
> a WW meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that
> takes away the decision making for me at that meal - a
> trouble spot.
>
> I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
> anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
> real about that - not trying to get myself down to my
> teenage size.
>
> thanks for letting me vent. I'm so bummed and ******
> at myself.
>

> --

Great post Tracy.

I appreciate you sharing. I find it very difficult to wrap
my brain around the number of pounds I need to lose to be
in my range.

I also find it funny that when I had say 50 pounds to lose,
I thought it was such a tough goal....now there is more to
lose, but I try not to think about it or beat myself up for
it because I just wasn't ready. Sometimes I do wonder if
I'll ever be ready because it seems like I keep putting
obstacles in my way.

Julie, who just ate a bunch of salty anchovies and know I
will be retaining water like mad.

"T. Lists" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> > days a week to start...)
> >
> > So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my
> > food plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour
> > of a leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me.
> > And the people there are all trying to figure out how to
> > make cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in
> > a snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in
> > the first place! There are no other meetings convenient
> > to me, as I have kids and have to fit it into
> > my/their/our schedule.
> >
> > I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have
> > a WW meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that
> > takes away the decision making for me at that meal - a
> > trouble spot.
> >
> > I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
> > anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
> > real about that - not trying to get myself down to my

very nice post, Lee
> [...]
> > days a week to start...)
> >
> > So how do I quit feeling so crappy? I'm following my
> > food plan, but I can't sit through the meetings. An hour
> > of a leader trying to sell products is sheer hell to me.
> > And the people there are all trying to figure out how to
> > make cheesecake from Splenda, and how many points are in
> > a snickers. That stuff is what got me into this mess in
> > the first place! There are no other meetings convenient
> > to me, as I have kids and have to fit it into
> > my/their/our schedule.
> >
> > I'm working real hard at eating "real" food. I do have
> > a WW meal for lunch, alot with a salad, because that
> > takes away the decision making for me at that meal - a
> > trouble spot.
> >
> > I'm 45, 2 kids, and need to lose about 60 lbs to get
> > anywhere near a "good" weight for myself. I'm being
> > real about that - not trying to get myself down to my

So, you will retain water and when the anchovies pass as
they will, so will that water. Drain the oil off the little
buggers and enjoy them. They actually do not have a lot of
points if drained. Water is not fat. It might be
uncomfortable and bloating but it passes much easier (if not
a blood pressure problem) than fat.

Tracy's post was great.