or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ritchey aero pro

post #1 of 7
"Robert" <opus1@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:vq613v4fo0t4m61ftuf5ppk3sqqpbqp6ca@4ax.com...
> I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
> or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>
> Robert

http://www.uncensored-news.com
<><><><><><><><>

Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...
post #2 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

Mike S. wrote:
> "Robert" <opus1@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:vq613v4fo0t4m61ftuf5ppk3sqqpbqp6ca@4ax.com...
>
>>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
>>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR rim
>>or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>>
>>Robert

> http://www.uncensored-news.com
>
>> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
>
> <><><><><><><><>
>

> Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as you have the right length
> spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims they're driving...

I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
at $50/rim.

Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.

Terry

post #3 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

The Deep Vs come in 24 hole drillings. I built a pair for a friend of mine with them. CXP30s used
to, but they're a little heavier.

You could always pop for a pair of Zipp rims...

"Terry Rudd" <TR-I-are@attbi.com> wrote in message news:3E30C0EC.2010704@attbi.com...

> Mike S. wrote:
> > "Robert" <opus1@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >
> >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
> >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?
> >>
> >>Robert

> > http://www.uncensored-news.com
> >
> >> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
> >
> > <><><><><><><><>
> >

> > Initial observation of my own Ritchey wheels tells me that as long as
you
> > have the right length spokes, the hubs don't care what kind of rims
they're
> > driving...
> >

> I have two sets and believe Mike is correct. That said, Excelsports had a pretty good sale on the
> Ritchey Pro rims a while ago and may still have some cheap. I know they have them regularly priced
> at $50/rim.
>
> Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
> does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.
>
> I do know that Peter at Vecchios has rebuilt a number of Ritchey wheels with other brand rims. He
> posts in rec.bicycles.tech regularly.
>
> Terry

post #4 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

opus-<< I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the
rear hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

Use any rim of 24/28...the hubs are just 'hubs'-

These rims(Ritchey) are available as rims alone tho-

post #5 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

I wrote: Wrong ...

I was: Wrong (I was thinking CXP33's).

App
post #6 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

Terry Rudd wrote:

> Mike S. wrote:
> > "Robert" <opus1@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >
> >>I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since the rear
> >>hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original Ritchey OCR
> >>rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?

> Another option might be the Velocity Aerohead, which now has an OC option but as best I can tell
> does not have a 24 hole rim. But mine was a cursory check.

Yes, the Aerohead does come in a 24 h. I rebuilt a race wrecked (old) Campy Aero Omega with a 24 h
Aerohead this year. I can't remember for sure right now but I think the ERD is 602 mm.
post #7 of 7

Re: Ritchey aero pro

Frankly, I recommend you have someone like Peter build the wheels up with NOS Ritchey rims. They are
good rims but require proper tension and that is somtthing Ritchey just doesn't do that well from
the factory- I know, I now have three sets! That said, Peter knows how to build a wheel that lasts,
even with all-Ritchey parts.

Terry ( not paid by Peter ) Rudd

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> opus-<< I have a set of aero pro wheels and I trashed both rims in a fall I was wondering since
> the rear hub is paired to an OCR(off center) rim , must I replace the rim with the original
> Ritchey OCR rim or can I use any 24/28 combination?
>
> Use any rim of 24/28...the hubs are just 'hubs'-
>
> These rims(Ritchey) are available as rims alone tho-

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment
This thread is locked