or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oversize bars and computers

post #1 of 6
Howdy,

I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence computer.
The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Thanks! Jon
post #2 of 6

Re: Oversize bars and computers

dirtyjonny-<< I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a
cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

cateye makes a clamp for the big fatty bars.

post #3 of 6

Danziggidy wrote:
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.

Alternatively, you could mount the computer on the stem. Cateye do kits for this.

~PB
post #4 of 6

"Danziggidy" wrote in message
> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now
looking
> for a cadence computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize
> bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?

Alternative to the zip tie through a normal bracket is using a spoke - cut off the threaded end ~
3-4cm and hook the end then use the nipple to screw it tight. We've found it fairly foolproof

- David
post #5 of 6

Re: Oversize bars and computers

On 1/26/03 12:48, in article WbVY9.124756$sV3.4702316@news3.calgary.shaw.ca, "Danziggidy"
<dirty_jonny@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
>
> Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
>
> Thanks! Jon

Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized handlebars.

Baird

--
Baird Webel Washington DC
post #6 of 6

Baird Webel <bwebel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<BA5E0344.1AA0B%bwebel@hotmail.com>...
> On 1/26/03 12:48, in article WbVY9.124756$sV3.4702316@news3.calgary.shaw.ca, "Danziggidy"
> <dirty_jonny@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I've got myself an excellent pair of oversize handlebars and I'm now looking for a cadence
> > computer. The problem I've found is that no brand I've seen makes an oversize bar clamp.
> >
> > Anybody know of a computer company that is with the times?
> >
> > Thanks! Jon
> >

> Sigma's mount with what amounts to a big rubber band. It should work fine with oversized
> handlebars.

My FlightDeck came with mounts for both regualr and oversize bars.

> Baird
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment