or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Expired Bisquick

post #1 of 6
Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the stuff
with. Emphasis on cheap.

Lena
post #2 of 6

Re: Expired Bisquick

"Lena B Katz" <lbk@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message

> Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the
> stuff with. Emphasis on cheap.
>
> Lena

Treat the neighbors and co-workers to biscuits.
post #3 of 6

Re: Expired Bisquick

Lena B Katz wrote:

> Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the
> stuff with. Emphasis on cheap.
>
> Lena

If it doesn't smell rancid, stick it in the freezer for longer storage.

gloria p
post #4 of 6

Re: Expired Bisquick

Lena B Katz <lbk@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the stuff
>with. Emphasis on cheap.

www.bisquick.com will bring up the Bisquick page with all their available recipes.

You can freeze Bisquick if you like. Also, keep in mind that the "expiration" date isn't written in
stone - it's not likely to self-destruct or anything. The worst that could happen is that the
shortening in the mix will begin to get strong, or the leavening will lose a bit of it's punch. It's
not going to make you ill or anything if it's expired.

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.
post #5 of 6

Re: Expired Bisquick

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:04:20 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
<esp@snet.net> wrote:

> "Lena B Katz" <lbk@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message
>
> > Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the
> > stuff with. Emphasis on cheap.
> >
> > Lena
>
> Treat the neighbors and co-workers to biscuits.

It makes passable dumplings too.

post #6 of 6

Re: Expired Bisquick

Dig out the waffle iron and make a zillion waffles. Let them cool, store in the freezer in
zip-loc bags.

<rj>

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:41:51 -0500 (EST), Lena B Katz <lbk@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Have much expired bisquick ('bout 80 oz.). Looking for as many recipes as possible to use the stuff
>with. Emphasis on cheap.
>
>Lena

<rj
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: