or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jiffy vs Bisquick

post #1 of 6
In article <47ae2209.0401070552.2300c3c3@posting.google.com>,
heidip2list@tasigh.org (Heidi) wrote:

> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking mix in an Impossible Pie
> recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and
> buy a box of another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.
>
> Thanks, Heidi

I'd compare a couple of other recipes that use the products, Heidi. there's probaby a biscuit
recipe and a pancake recipe on each product. If they're the same or mighty close, I'd do it. FWIW.
-Barb Schaller
--
-Barb 12-28-03: Tourtiere picture added to my site: <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Also a picture of my
Baba Authorized struhadlo for making halushky "If you're ever in a jam, here I am."

Re: Jiffy vs Bisquick

heidip2list@tasigh.org (Heidi) wrote in message news:<47ae2209.0401070552.2300c3c3@posting.google.com>...
> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking mix in an Impossible Pie
> recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and
> buy a box of another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.
>
> Thanks, Heidi

I don't happen to use Jiffy, but I often use Pioneer Baking Mix instead of Bisquick. I can't tell
the difference in the end result.

Wayne
post #3 of 6

Re: Jiffy vs Bisquick

On 7 Jan 2004 05:52:10 -0800, heidip2list@tasigh.org (Heidi)
wrote:

> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking mix in an Impossible Pie
> recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and
> buy a box of another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.

Jiffy will work.

post #4 of 6

Re: Jiffy vs Bisquick

Wendy Udelhoven wrote:
> The only thing that would be different would be the consistency and how it may turn out.

Uh, but isn't that what the OP is worried about?!

Jill (snip)
> Good Luck. Wendy
post #5 of 6

Re: Jiffy vs Bisquick

in article barbschaller-775C0A.08405707012004@News.CIS.DFN.DE, Melba's
Jammin' at barbschaller@earthblink.net wrote on 1/7/04 9:40 AM:

> In article <47ae2209.0401070552.2300c3c3@posting.google.com>, heidip2list@tasigh.org
> (Heidi) wrote:
>
>> I was wondering what the difference would be if I used Jiffy baking mix in an Impossible Pie
>> recipe instead of Bisquick? I don't know the formulation differences and I'd hate to go out and
>> buy a box of another brand of baking mix if what I have (Jiffy) will work as well.
>>
>> Thanks, Heidi
>
> I'd compare a couple of other recipes that use the products, Heidi. there's probaby a biscuit
> recipe and a pancake recipe on each product. If they're the same or mighty close, I'd do it. FWIW.
> -Barb Schaller

They are virtually identical products. I use Jiffy all the time. They are interchangeable.
post #6 of 6

Re: Jiffy vs Bisquick

in article d99f69d7.0401091441.3ccf786d@posting.google.com, JimL at
j-lattie@neiu.edu wrote on 1/9/04 5:41 PM:

> I started using Jiffy this year, after using Bisquick for over 230 years.

Funny, you don't look a day over 200!!!! LOL! just kidding ya, I know you meant either 20, 30
or 23 years!

Just couldn't resist being silly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home