How do I choose a unicycle?

Ares

Guest
Hi! I'm new to this. I want to buy my first unicycle. My
question is: How do I choose the right size of unicycle? Is
the difference in wheel diameter the deciding factor or is
that a matter of preference? My inseam is 32", I'm 5' 10"
tall. Any recommendations as to manufacturer of a decent
beginner's make?

--
Ares
Ares's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6358

I would strongly suggest a Black Torker as the first uni.
They're inexpensive and good quality. As for size, I found
it easier to learn on a 20" wheel, then I switched to a 24".

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Black torker all the way. 20 or 24, I don't think there is
much of a difference in tearms of learning time. If
anything, the 20 might be a little faster to learn on, but
the 24 is much faster to ride.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

there ain't enough body armor in the country for me to try that. -- Ken
on the mtbr forum in reference to MUni

Ares wrote:
> Hi! I'm new to this. I want to buy my first unicycle. My
> question is: How do I choose the right size of unicycle?
> Is the difference in wheel diameter the deciding factor or
> is that a matter of preference? My inseam is 32", I'm 5'
> 10" tall. Any recommendations as to manufacturer of a
> decent beginner's make?

Coker, Coker, Coker, Coker...

Just kidding, learning on a Coker is for crazy people.*

Learning goes fastest on a 20".

*like me