Sorry, I've been absent......

Mpd Blue

Guest
Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
woodworking tools.

Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
exterior is painted:
http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg

dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg

http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why the
fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)

http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t. Stupid
drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained every
night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my duty boots
are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music was pretty
cool though.

As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

MPD Blue wrote:
> Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
> new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
> to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
> woodworking tools.
>
> Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
> exterior is painted:
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
>
> dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
> the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
>

> Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
> Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
> every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
> duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
> was pretty cool though.
>

> As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
> afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
>
> --
> John G. in Memphis, TN

Looking good ... looking real good!

You going with Berber, tile or wood?
--
Slacker

MPD Blue <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg
>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

Who's your decorator? Kinda into minimalism, huh? ;-)

Don't worry - stack enough bikes around and the place will
look great.

Mark "and you've got a great start on enough bikes"
Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of
the $695 ti frame

----------
In article <[email protected]>, MPD Blue
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
> new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
> to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
> woodworking tools.
>
> Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
> exterior is painted:
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
>
> dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
> the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
>

> Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
> Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
> every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
> duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
> was pretty cool though.
>

> As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
> afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
>
> --
> John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
> http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

You're an amazing guy, the amount of stuff you're able to
accomplish at the same time. Do you ever sleep?

Paul

Slacker wrote:
> Looking good ... looking real good!

thanks. I put a LOT of effort into getting everything just
perfect. http://www.shavings.net/images/first_floor-plan.gif
http://www.shavings.net/images/second_floor-plan.gif (Gotta
love Auto CAD :)

In retrospect I should have switched the washer and dryer
locations, SWMBO pointed out it is more logical to work left
to right. But it's too late, now...... <sigh>

> You going with Berber, tile or wood?

"All of the above."

14" cultured marble tile for the entry-way, mud room and
laundry room.

3/4" T&G heart pine (hand finished with home-made
honey/golden shellac ;-) for the kitchen and dining area
(and eventually in the expansion room above the garage)

bedrooms, living room, and stairs, and the "dry" areas of
the bathrooms are getting cheap contractor grade carpeting
until I can go full wood. "wet" areas of the bathrooms are
getting a 2" tumbled granite tile.

on the food prep side, countertops are going to be 12/4
(yeah, 3" thick) quarter sawn beech slabs, I've had air
drying out in the barn for 5 years

on the cooking side, some stunning NH (of course ;-) granite
I scored a few years back. (That moving van is going to be
HEAVILY weighted ;-)

--
John "The happy home builder" G.

Paul macintyre wrote:

> ----------
> In article <[email protected]>, MPD Blue
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
>>new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
>>to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
>>woodworking tools.
>>
>>Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
>>exterior is painted:
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
>>
>>dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
>>
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
>>the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
>>
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg
>>

>>Then... there was the fscking "Memphis in May" sh!t.
>>Stupid drunk kids on Beale St.... of course it rained
>>every night....it rained _sideways_ Saturday night, my
>>duty boots are still soaked. The 3 days of nonstop music
>>was pretty cool though.
>>

>>As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
>>afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.
>>
>>--
>>John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
>>http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg
>>

> You're an amazing guy, the amount of stuff you're able to
> accomplish at the same time. Do you ever sleep?
>
> Paul

There's plenty of time to sleep on the job http://www.hoopla.org/WTC/WTC9-
12/images/WTCSleepers.jpg
--
Slacker

MPD Blue wrote:
> Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
> new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
> to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
> woodworking tools. {snipz}

Who are you?

Bill "JD tardy with it" S.

S o r n i wrote:
> MPD Blue wrote:
>
>>Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
>>new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
>>to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
>>woodworking tools. {snipz}
>

> Who are you?

Sore Knee.

John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

Welcome "home" , John. When is move-in day for the new
mansion?

Steve

"MPD Blue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Yeah, we uhhm, missed you, thingy-guy...

> Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building a
> new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to NH
> to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
> woodworking tools.
>
> Lots of progress on the new homestead: brick work is done,
> exterior is painted:
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04painted.jpg
>
> dry-wall is hung, and first coat of mud is drying
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04FirstFloor.jpg
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04stairs2.jpg (why
> the fsck did I go with a vaulted ceiling?!?!?!?!?)
>
> http://www.shavings.net/images/05_04_04_niche.jpg

Glad it's going...well, glad it's going!

',;~}~

Shaun aRe

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<q6%[email protected]>...
> MPD Blue wrote:
> > Had to do my 17 days of A.T. for the reserves, building
> > a new house.. what fun that is (NOT), made two trips to
> > NH to bring down 2 cars, a motorcycle, and assorted
> > woodworking tools. {snipz}
>
> Who are you?
>
> Bill "JD tardy with it" S.

Usurper!

JD

JD wrote:
> " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> Who are you?
>>
>> Bill "JD tardy with it" S.
>
> Usurper!

Leave my soup-eating habits out of this.

Bill "eye appointment" S.

On Tue, 04 May 2004 19:26:11 -0500, MPD Blue <[email protected]>
wrote:

>As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
>afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

that's penance?

Peace,

Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a
reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view
instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:

>>As penance I promise to ride the Single Speed every
>>afternoon after work at Shelby Farms or Stanky Creek.

> that's penance?

Yeah I rode the Tour De Wolf @ Shelby Farms today.... had to
dismount once for a downed tree, dabbed once because of some
inconveniently placed roots and mud _PLUS_ I got passed by 4
folks on geared, boingy-type, bikes... cretins!

Stephen Baker wrote:
> From the pics, it doesn't look undoable unless there are
> system problems blocking a CO...

Everything is inspected up to the plumbing top-out. All I
need is the electrical and plumbing finals and those can't
be done till the switches, outlets and fixtures are in and
the breakers are installed. "June One" "June One" "June One"
"June One" "June One" "June One" "June One" c'mon, chant it
with me..... "June One" "June One" "June One"