or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shimano for Women

post #1 of 4
I've heard that Shimano has available a womens shift lever set(for small hands).

Does any one know anything about this.....Shimano website had no info.

Thanks,

Jessica
post #2 of 4

Re: Shimano for Women

Hi Sheldon:

Do these shifters place the handle closer to the bar? My girlfriend has small hands and while in
the drops her hands have difficulty squeezing the brakes. She doesn't need a shifter with a
shorter handle, just one that brings the handle closer to the handlebar. Would these shifters
acomplish this?

Thanks, Claude
post #3 of 4

Re: Shimano for Women

This seems to be a common complaint.

As far as I can tell, making a complete groupo switch to Campy was the only way to get a more
comfortable fit for smallish hands.

If this work it will save me close to $1000.00.

Jess
post #4 of 4

Re: Shimano for Women

Claude: You can shorten the distance from lever to bar by installing underneath the part of the
housing that the lever comes up to rest against. A thick piece of rubber, such as a shim from a bike
computer mount or a thorn-resistant tube, does the job nicely. We use 3MFasttack to glue them in
place. The failure mode (if the piece were to come unglued) doesn't cause your brake to go on
suddenly or anything, so there's really not much of a downside to trying it.

"Chluu907" <chluu907@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030131044012.29153.00000040@mb-fy.aol.com...
> Hi Sheldon:
>
> Do these shifters place the handle closer to the bar? My girlfriend has
small
> hands and while in the drops her hands have difficulty squeezing the
brakes.
> She doesn't need a shifter with a shorter handle, just one that brings the handle closer to the
> handlebar. Would these shifters acomplish this?
>
> Thanks, Claude
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling Equipment