report in from Michelle

Michelle Guy

Guest
Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2 major surguries,
how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on friday removed the lump on
my thyroid, full anathetic and 5hour on the intensive station, loads
of painkillers ughh. Monday go the results back, no good news, the
lump was cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole thyroid
same proceedure basically as friday but more painful. I now have to
have radiotherapie before I can start with the thyroid hormones (
about 6 to 12 weeks or so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a
few down phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining weight
in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up to exercising,
after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I have load of reading to do
as you guy have been busy while I was away.
Sore tired but glad to be back
Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
69.8/???/61kg

Michelle Guy wrote:

> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg
I shall pray that all goes well from now on. And no wonder
you are exhausted! Listen to your body and REST, missis! :)

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages
and explore!

--WebTV-Mail-3952-201

Dear Michelle, My,my, you have been through a lot and you
are still optimistic. That is so very important in
promoting a qucker recovery. I will be praying for you.
Diane in Florida

--WebTV-Mail-3952-201 Content-Description: signature Content-
Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-
ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit

--WebTV-Mail-3952-201--

My thoughts are with you for a speedy and successful
recovery Michelle. Be sure to listen to your body and give
it the rest it needs. Take care...

Brenda

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Hi Michelle; Sorry to hear about your bad news. I'm praying
for you. Hang in there, you'll make it.

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Glad to hear you came through the surgery okay. Give your
body plenty of rest as you will need all of the strength you
can get for the radiotherapie. You will be in my thoughts
and prayers for a speedy recovery.

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Sod the weight loss - I just hope you get better, and feel better, real
soon.
Happy Healing to you :)

--
krys

UK 157/129.8/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
2001 ...busy going nowhere...

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

I hope you get better soon Michelle. I would not worry if you don't feel
like exercising. Pretty soon you will be up and moving again.
Kristine
[...]

Sorry to hear that news but I am sure you will make a
complete recovery and the replacement hormones will get you
perking right along soon.

Again, I hope you feel better as soon as possible and
keep those spirits up in spite of what has to have been a
real trial.

Best,

Fred

On Sat, 15 May 2004 11:53:23 +0200, Michelle Guy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2 major
>surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on friday
>removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and 5hour on
>the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh. Monday go
>the results back, no good news, the lump was cancerous so
>off for more surgery to remove the whole thyroid same
>proceedure basically as friday but more painful. I now have
>to have radiotherapie before I can start with the thyroid
>hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or so) On the whole I feel
>optimistic but have a few down phases each day. I am very
>concerned about not gaining weight in the next few weeks, I
>am tried and don't feel up to exercising, after a 15 min
>walk I sleep to 2 hours. I have load of reading to do as
>you guy have been busy while I was away. Sore tired but
>glad to be back Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
>69.8/???/61kg

Glad to see you back Michelle. I'm also glad the surgeries
went well and you are now done with that stage.

Don't worry if you gain weight or not. As I understand it,
radiotherapy doesn't exactly make you hungry and as long as
you are eating you are recovering.

Hang in there and get pleanty of rest. Recovery will happen.

Julie

"Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

best of luck, Lee
Michelle Guy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Glad to hear you 're back and posting. Now take care of
yourself, and don't overdo things. The most important is
getting healthy. The rest will come. Big hug,

--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/95/minigoal 94.1/ Goal 68 Kg
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Michelle:

I'm glad the surgeries are over!! I wish you the best in the
upcoming weeks I'll be praying for you.

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/191.5/155 WNM 193.5/191.5/181.5 30 lbs to go
191.5/191.5/185

Michelle Guy wrote:
> Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on
> friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and
> 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh.
> Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump was
> cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the whole
> thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but more
> painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I can
> start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or
> so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a few down
> phases each day. I am very concerned about not gaining
> weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up
> to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I
> have load of reading to do as you guy have been busy while
> I was away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle :
> Ozzie in Switzerland
> 69.8/???/61kg

Welcome back Michelle, glad to hear the surgeries went well
and you are once again home. Those down feelings are normal,
don't worry (easy for me to say, huh?). Top priority is
getting yourself well again, the rest will fall into place
later. If you want to sleep, then sleep. Listen to your
body. It's normal to feel tired after surgery - takes quite
some time for the body to recover fully from the stress it
has been under.

It's wonderful to hear from you again, I had been
thinking of you.

Joyce

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2 major
>surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op on friday
>removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic and 5hour on
>the intensive station, loads of painkillers ughh. Monday go
>the results back, no good news, the lump was cancerous so
>off for more surgery to remove the whole thyroid same
>proceedure basically as friday but more painful. I now have
>to have radiotherapie before I can start with the thyroid
>hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or so) On the whole I feel
>optimistic but have a few down phases each day. I am very
>concerned about not gaining weight in the next few weeks, I
>am tried and don't feel up to exercising, after a 15 min
>walk I sleep to 2 hours. I have load of reading to do as
>you guy have been busy while I was away. Sore tired but
>glad to be back Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
>69.8/???/61kg

Michelle I have a sister who has gone the same road as you
have, two surgeries for thyroid cancer and radiotherapy. She
has had a hard slog back but it is now twelve months down
the track and she is getting it together. Tiredness was her
enemy as well and weight fluctuations.If you would like I
can send you her email privately and you can maybe compare
notes and she may be able to tell you how she coped. All the
very best with your recovery. Cheers Carol
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
> > major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op
> > on friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full anathetic
> > and 5hour on the intensive station, loads of painkillers
> > ughh. Monday go the results back, no good news, the lump
> > was cancerous so off for more surgery to remove the
> > whole thyroid same proceedure basically as friday but
> > more painful. I now have to have radiotherapie before I
> > can start with the thyroid hormones ( about 6 to 12
> > weeks or so) On the whole I feel optimistic but have a
> > few down phases each day. I am very concerned about not
> > gaining weight in the next few weeks, I am tried and
> > don't feel up to exercising, after a 15 min walk I sleep
> > to 2 hours. I have load of reading to do as you guy have
> > been busy while I was away. Sore tired but glad to be
> > back Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
> > 69.8/???/61kg

To everyone who has welcomed me back and for the many good wishes
thanks. You guys are great. I will be around posting when energy
allows.
Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
69.8/???/61kg

Thanks at the moment I want to play osterich, and stick my head in the
sand. I need to build up my strength again first, the radiotherapie
probably starts in a week or 2. Todays progress : unloaded Dishwasher
and microwaved a meal plus 2 15 min walks with DH. Ready for bed now,
but much happier than in the last week or so
Michelle : Ozzie in Switzerland
69.8/???/61kg

On Sun, 16 May 2004 20:51:59 +0800, "Carol"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Michelle I have a sister who has gone the same road as you
>have, two surgeries for thyroid cancer and radiotherapy.
>She has had a hard slog back but it is now twelve months
>down the track and she is getting it together. Tiredness
>was her enemy as well and weight fluctuations.If you would
>like I can send you her email privately and you can maybe
>compare notes and she may be able to tell you how she
>coped. All the very best with your recovery. Cheers Carol
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Well I came home today after 9 days in hospital and 2
>> > major surguries, how do I feel? exhasuted! The first op
>> > on friday removed the lump on my thyroid, full
>> > anathetic and 5hour on the intensive station, loads of
>> > painkillers ughh. Monday go the results back, no good
>> > news, the lump was cancerous so off for more surgery to
>> > remove the whole thyroid same proceedure basically as
>> > friday but more painful. I now have to have
>> > radiotherapie before I can start with the thyroid
>> > hormones ( about 6 to 12 weeks or so) On the whole I
>> > feel optimistic but have a few down phases each day. I
>> > am very concerned about not gaining weight in the next
>> > few weeks, I am tried and don't feel up to exercising,
>> > after a 15 min walk I sleep to 2 hours. I have load of
>> > reading to do as you guy have been busy while I was
>> > away. Sore tired but glad to be back Michelle : Ozzie
>> > in Switzerland
>> > 69.8/???/61kg

Okay Michelle from what you are telling me that is normal for recovery the
tiredness. I wish you all the very best with your treatment and if you wish
to make contact you have my email addy. There is also a newsgroup called ALT
Thyroid I think which is very helpful for any questions you have.
Regards
Carol