How to find out about races in my area....

Linda L.

Guest
Probably been asked but I'm new - the Runner's World finder
seems to have been down. Would like to find a 5K race - had
a baby 8 months ago and finally ready to get back into a few
races. Thanks, Linda (of the GPS/Accelerometer fame).

What area are you talking about? I'm in DC, and the Wash
Post Weekend section lists upcoming events; maybe your area
has something similar?

You can also try calling around at schools to see who's
putting on fund-raiser runs. Ask at sporting goods stores
about local events, running clubs, etc. All it takes is to
go to one event to start finding out where things are
happening!

Congratulations on the baby, & good luck with the
running. bj

"Linda L." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:qsqdner_BYkzLCbdRVn-
[email protected]...
> Probably been asked but I'm new - the Runner's World
> finder seems to have been down. Would like to find a 5K
> race - had a baby 8 months ago and finally ready to get
> back into a few races. Thanks, Linda (of the
> GPS/Accelerometer fame).

Thanks! I actually have 2 1/2 year old twins and my son is 8 months - but, I
feel exercise is the only thing that keeps me sane these days so I do it! I
did think of some of the ideas you gave me but was hoping to find a site to
just direct me - not too much time to "go see". My one and only 5K was 2002
Susan Komen at BMS in Princeton - then I got BIG TIME surprise pregnant - No
more of that happening so here I am. Thanks again, Linda
"bj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What area are you talking about? I'm in DC, and the Wash
> Post Weekend section lists upcoming events; maybe your
> area has something similar?
>
> You can also try calling around at schools to see who's
> putting on fund-raiser runs. Ask at sporting goods stores
> about local events, running clubs, etc. All it takes is to
> go to one event to start finding out where things are
> happening!
>
> Congratulations on the baby, & good luck with the
> running. bj
>
> "Linda L." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:qsqdner_BYkzLCbdRVn-
> [email protected]...
> > Probably been asked but I'm new - the Runner's World
> > finder seems to
have
> > been down. Would like to find a 5K race - had a baby 8
> > months ago and finally ready to get back into a few
> > races. Thanks, Linda (of the GPS/Accelerometer fame).

If you mean Princeton NJ, & you're in that area, try google searching on
princeton running club.
One result, an area club --
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/mbrun/index.html

and don't feel shy about phoning someone about races &
events to ask about particulars -- that's what I did at the
beginning, & even more recently when the directions to get
there didn't match my map! bj