When is the other shoe going to drop?

Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/ath-
> letics_enl_1086767806/html/1.stm
>
> What's the equivalent in cycling?

Looks like a close facsimile was found in Italy. See
"Massive raids in Italian anti-doping swoop" at:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04-
/jun11news

Pretty clever how those cyclists figured out not to keep the
syringes in their hotel rooms during the Giro. And I know
it's been said before, but the implication of so many
amateur riders is really sad.

In this context, are the Italian 'amatuers' like US Cat 1s
and 2s or more like Masters Fatties? What would a hotel raid
before the Podunk, Arkansas Downtown Crit reveal? Better
yet, how about at the SoCal District Masters 32+
Championships?

Janek

On 11 Jun 2004 05:57:13 -0700, Not Really Janek <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/at-
>> hletics_enl_1086767806/html/1.stm
>>
>> What's the equivalent in cycling?
>
> Looks like a close facsimile was found in Italy. See
> "Massive raids in Italian anti-doping swoop" at:
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04/j-
> un11news
>
> Pretty clever how those cyclists figured out not to keep
> the syringes in their hotel rooms during the Giro. And I
> know it's been said before, but the implication of so many
> amateur riders is really sad.
>
> In this context, are the Italian 'amatuers' like US Cat 1s
> and 2s or more like Masters Fatties? What would a hotel
> raid before the Podunk, Arkansas Downtown Crit reveal?
> Better yet, how about at the SoCal District Masters 32+
> Championships?
>
> Janek

Probably nothing, because the 32+ age group shouldn't care
too much about winning. Or do they?

--
Bob in CT Remove ".x" to reply

Bob in CT wrote:
> Probably nothing, because the 32+ age group shouldn't care
> too much about winning. Or do they?

LANCE's DOB: 18 Sept 1971