Tour prediction

Kevin Knorpp

Guest
Lance wins 2004 easily, suprising many after last year, and
2005 is close. Tyler Hamilton just edges him out in 2006
while Jan is recovering from a cocaine addiction and eating
disorder..

Alas, although I have no desire to see Lance Arrogance I
mean Armstrong win, I'm sure he will, and all the
speculations about what could happen, from a flat tire, to
Lance being kidnapped by aliens that look like Elvis are
nothing but wishful thinking. They could just skip the TdF
this year, given that the result is a foregone conclusion.

Kevin Knorpp wrote:
> Lance wins 2004 easily, suprising many after last year,
> and 2005 is close. Tyler Hamilton just edges him out in
> 2006 while Jan is recovering from a cocaine addiction and
> eating disorder..

"Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> Alas, although I have no desire to see Lance Arrogance
> I mean Armstrong win, I'm sure he will, and all the
> speculations about what could happen, from a flat tire,
> to Lance being kidnapped by aliens that look like Elvis
> are nothing but wishful thinking.

>They could just skip the TdF this year, given that the
>result is a foregone conclusion.

Well now, I think I'll save this bit of text for a few
weeks.

"Kevin Knorpp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<hyJyc.18049$eu.12818@attbi_s02>...
> Lance wins 2004 easily, suprising many after last year,
> and 2005 is close. Tyler Hamilton just edges him out in
> 2006 while Jan is recovering from a cocaine addiction and
> eating disorder..

My Prediction:

In light of two new turn of events, Mayo and Tyler's
performence in Dauphine and Vino's crash, here are my
predicitons

I think heading into the Pyrenees Lance, Tyler and Heras
will be neck and neck > 30 sec seperating them. Ulrich
will be 45-60 sec back moslty do to the TTT. Mayo and
2:00min+ back.

The Pyrenees will be a dog fight with attacks going like
crazy. poor Ulrich will suffer the most here falling
2:00min+ behind. Mayo and Heras will leap frog Armstrong.
Tyler will be in the mix. I say top 5 seperated by around
two minutes bookended by Mayo and Ulrich. Good times!

Alpe D'heuz has looks like this:

Mayo Armstrong 15sec Ulrich 23sec Hamilton 27 sec Heras 44
sec (not his style)

Some of the other pure climbers may mix up the places a
little but at the end of the day the GC will look like this

Mayo Armstrong :37 Hamilton :39 Heras 1:21 Ulrich 2:34

I also suspect a dark horse to be in there someplace (not a
real revelation though). Maybe Simoni.

Everyone will be screaming about a Hamilton Armstrong TT
dual. It will be a let down as Armstrong will hand out a
lashing to Tyler and beat him by 1:35. Ulrich will
salvage his tour and beat Lance by 18 seconds in the
final TT, but Tyler will hang on for second. The climbers
will be relegated

Final GC:

Armstrong Hamilton 1:37 Ulrich 1:40

Of course this is all tatal BS, but there you go.

I think this year's tour will be too close to call and will
go down to the Stage 19, 60km TT.

1. Hamilton
2. Armstrong
3. Ulrich