Diabetes & Stem Cells

Malcolm

Guest
I am interested in learning how the recent developments in
stem cell research may help people with diabetes. Can anyone
give me any information please?

Thank you.

Anne Rogers

"malcolm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am interested in learning how the recent developments in
> stem cell research may help people with diabetes. Can
> anyone give me any information please?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Anne Rogers

Stem cells have the potential to grow into any type of cell
needed by the body. It's probably just a matter of time
until they are widely used in many capacities--I understand
South Korea has emerged as a world leader of sorts (U.S. government-
funded research is limited by law due to ethics questions).
I have only an undergraduate biology degree and am
definitely not an expert on the details. Here are some
general articles I found:

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,55239,00.html

drf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=02DBD384-
2A5E-7B6E-1AA3637745700722

And a more political discussion: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5389-
2004May5.html