Takura State Forest (and my first crash).....

Mrbonk

Guest
Greetings,
Went for a spin in the State Forest area near Takura today.
http://www.mrbonk.com/weblog/pivot/entry.php?id=14

Managed to crash about 5 mins after we started
though......being stoopid and trying to get air off
unsuitable stuff (a tree stump surrounded by dirt). I didn't
realise it was an old tree stump until I was well and truly
past the point of no return though. The dirt fell away at
the top, leaving an almost vertical piece of 'stump' at the
top. When the rear wheel hit it, it kicked it up high and I
came down front wheel first and *very* off balance. Went
down on my right side, resulting in nothing more than minor
gravel rash and lots of laughter :) Fortunately the rest of
the ride involved me staying on the bike! It's a nice area
to ride.....lots of hilly stuff so a good combination of
climbing and tear-arsing down hills :)

MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

MrBonk wrote:
> Greetings, Went for a spin in the State Forest area near
> Takura today.
> http://www.mrbonk.com/weblog/pivot/entry.php?id=14
>
> Managed to crash about 5 mins after we started
> though......being stoopid and trying to get air off
> unsuitable stuff (a tree stump surrounded by dirt). I
> didn't realise it was an old tree stump until I was well
> and truly past the point of no return though. The dirt
> fell away at the top, leaving an almost vertical piece of
> 'stump' at the top. When the rear wheel hit it, it kicked
> it up high and I came down front wheel first and *very*
> off balance. Went down on my right side, resulting in
> nothing more than minor gravel rash and lots of laughter
> :) Fortunately the rest of the ride involved me staying
> on the bike! It's a nice area to ride.....lots of hilly
> stuff so a good combination of climbing and tear-arsing
> down hills :)

Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Good to see the new
bike being given a work out.
--
Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Westie says:

>Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Good to see the new
>bike being given a work out.

Too right. It's not a real mountain bike till it has some
dirt and scratches on it. Real scratches, that is - wire
bushing doesn't count...

Steve

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Westie says:
>
>> Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Good to see the
>> new bike being given a work out.
>
> Too right. It's not a real mountain bike till it has some
> dirt and scratches on it. Real scratches, that is - wire
> bushing doesn't count...

Don't forget the spray-on mud... that doesn't count either.
--

"MrBonk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Greetings, Went for a spin in the State Forest area near
> Takura today.
> http://www.mrbonk.com/weblog/pivot/entry.php?id=14
>
> Managed to crash about 5 mins after we started
> though......being stoopid and trying to get air off
> unsuitable stuff (a tree stump surrounded by dirt). I
> didn't realise it was an old tree stump until I was well
> and truly past the point of no return though. The dirt
> fell away at the top, leaving an almost vertical piece of
> 'stump' at the top. When the rear wheel hit it, it kicked
> it up high and I came down front wheel first and *very*
> off balance. Went down on my right side, resulting in
> nothing more than minor gravel rash and lots of laughter
> :) Fortunately the rest of the ride involved me staying
> on the bike! It's a nice area to ride.....lots of hilly
> stuff so a good combination of climbing and tear-arsing
> down hills :)
>
> MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

Good for you, Mr. Bonk!

/s

Hell *yes* I'm having fun!! Unfortunately though, the gravel rash on the
back of my shoulder is worse than I first suspected. There's nothing quite
like the sensation of showering with that. No broken bones or bikes though,
so all is well :)

MrBonk www.mrbonk.com

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Looks like you're having a lot of fun. Good to see the new
> bike being
given