On-line Sources for Velocity Rims

<< Where can I find Velocity rims on-line?

If ya e-mail or call me, i can send ya some...wood powered online system tho-

On 14 Apr 2003 12:52:12 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

><< Where can I find Velocity rims on-line?
>

>If ya e-mail or call me, i can send ya some...wood powered online system tho-
>

>Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
>(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
Are there any atvantages to the new offset rim? How do you determine spoke length.

cu Bob Denton Gulf Stream International Delray Beach, Florida www.sinkthestink.com Manufacturers of
Sink the Stink

news:[email protected]... good thing Instead of adding 2mm to the
> left spoke length, I add 1 mm...Build normally-tension is not equal but closer-Use a wide-ish rim
> strip to cover the holes.

Peter - you like these ? - the head wrench in my LBS is building himself a pair as race wheels and I
wonder is there any feed back on how well they go out there after the usual trials and tribulations.
I could ask my mate but he never seems to get time to fix his own bike !

best, Andrew

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> bdenton-<< Are there any atvantages to the new offset rim? How do you determine spoke length.
>
> raises tension on the left side rear, good thing Instead of adding 2mm to the left spoke length,
> I add 1 mm...Build normally-tension is not equal but closer-Use a wide-ish rim strip to cover
> the holes.

Peter, have you had any problems with the lack of eyelets on this rim? I have only used double
eyelet rims because I haven't trusted the load distribution capability of a rim lacking them. But, I
am interested in the benefits of having more equal spoke tension in the rear wheel, as the Aerohead
OC would afford. Also, what rim strip would you recommend?

Thanks!

John Black