A Rib Story

Dimitri

Guest
This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women),
boyfriends, SIL'S and grandkids over.

I was instructed to kick back and do nothing. (nice day)

# 3 daughter arrived with the current and many foil pouches
# containing
cooked babyback ribs.

I was allowed to light the grill (gas) and that was it. The
ribs were sauced warmed and glazed nicely. So I asked.

The answer was, "I have a friend who owns a sports bar in
North Carolina and he sent me some of his rub, with the
house red sauce and instructions"

I asked further.

The 12 racks were rubbed and allowed to sit in the fridge
for 2 days.

The 12 racks were then put onto cookie sheets with about 1/4
inch of white vinegar covered with foil and put into a 225
degree oven for 3 to 4 hours until tender.

You know the rest - glazed over a slow grill and served.

Although there is a time and a place for the grill, smoker
and indirect Q.

IMHO this was very acceptable for a large crowd.

Dimitri

Dimitri wrote:

> This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women),
> boyfriends, SIL'S and grandkids over. (details snipped)
>
> You know the rest - glazed over a slow grill and served.
>
> Although there is a time and a place for the grill, smoker
> and indirect Q.
>
> IMHO this was very acceptable for a large crowd.
>
> Dimitri

Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

gloria p

Puester wrote:

> Dimitri wrote:
> >
> > This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women),
> > boyfriends, SIL'S and grandkids over.

> Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law and not sisters-in-
law, or I'll be worried he's chased off *all* the
daughter's husbands.

nancy (worried) (plus, he needs male support with all
those women)

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Puester wrote:
> >
> > Dimitri wrote:
> > >
> > > This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids
> > > (women), boyfriends,
SIL'S
> > > and grandkids over.
>
> > Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!
>
> I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law

YEP.

4 daughters 3 SIL'S & an occasional SO or as they like to
say semi-SO.

:)

Dimitri

Dimitri wrote:

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Puester wrote:

> SIL'S
> >
> > > Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!
> >
> > I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law
>
> YEP.
>
> 4 daughters 3 SIL'S & an occasional SO or as they like to
> say semi-SO.
>
> :)

(laugh) That's funny. You know I was goofin on you, Dimitri.

nancy