or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CURE-C-CURE patches

post #1 of 9
IanB wrote:
> Have they disappeared? These are the strips of feathered patches, foil and paper covered.

They used to be my favourites as well. I suspect they're no longer made as I haven't seen any for
ages and kits that used to come with them no longer do. I don't think it's a good idea to buy
ancient stock, by the way, as the dry cement on patches can deteroriate over time.

Instead, I recommend stocking up on Velox patches and cement from www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/shop.asp .
The patches are very slightly thicker but have feathered edges, easy to remove celophane covers*,
and are extremely reliable. The small 15mm patches are good on narrow tubes and they do larger
ones as well.

* it helps to snip the edges in advance

~PB
post #2 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:00:07 -0000, "IanB"
<ianbradzzzshawzzzzz@whsmithnet.co.uk> wrote in message
<403643a1_3@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>:

>Have they disappeared?

No, but Rema Tip-Top are Much Better - I recently ran out of Rema and conducted a side-by-
side trial ;-)

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

post #3 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

davep <fatherted@craggyisland.btinternet.com> writes:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:00:07 -0000, "IanB" <ianbradzzzshawzzzzz@whsmithnet.co.uk> wrote in
> > message <403643a1_3@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>:
> >
> > >Have they disappeared?
> >
> > No, but Rema Tip-Top are Much Better - I recently ran out of Rema and conducted a side-by-side
> > trial ;-)
>
> Yes. Rema tip-top patches and Rema Tip-Top glue. I normally ask for the pack without the large
> patch as it never gets used.

Another vote for Tip-Top - in my opinion the best patches out there.

;; 99% of browsers can't run ActiveX controls. Unfortunately ;; 99% of users are using the
1% of browsers that can... [seen on /. 08:04:02]
post #4 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

In article <87fzd2umnl.fsf@gododdin.internal.jasmine.org.uk>, Simon
Brooke <simon@jasmine.org.uk> wrote:
> Another vote for Tip-Top - in my opinion the best patches out there.

Apaseal patches, superbuff and solution are, IMVHO, easily the best patches but not the
easiest to buy!

However if I count the time taken to remove a wheel, patch the tube and replace the wheel it is more
cost effective just to put on a new tube - I get serious change out of £1 for a new tube if I buy
them in 50's.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net
post #5 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

In article <c1ddtb$6oc$1@daedalus.wolf.ox.ac.uk>, Geraint Jones
<Geraint.Jones@wolfson.oxford.ac-spam.uk.invalid> wrote:
> How many tubes do you carry with you on a `trip' and where to you carry them? I don't think I have
> ever taken more than three with me, two of them fitted to the wheels, even on the longest tour.

They sit on a shelf in the shop and I normally have about 200 tubes in stock. The furthest away from
the shop the customer can be is
5.25miles so to swap a bike with a puncture for one that hasn't should take about 15 minuets - if
the customer knows where he/she is! (Time we fitted GPS to them - bikes not customers)

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net
post #6 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

In article <c1e2ik$7j9$1@daedalus.wolf.ox.ac.uk>, Geraint Jones
<Geraint.Jones@wolfson.oxford.ac-spam.uk.invalid> wrote:
> Praise God for we are a musical people, dancing minuets on your island.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition:-)

> I'd forgotten you never got more than a couple of miles from the mains; have you considered mains-
> powered bicycle lights with a very long lead as an alternative to carrying batteries and dynamos
> and the like?

When we are busy we don't need lights - we have almost 24 hours of daytime.

However as an alternative source of energy if every hiring bicycle had a dynamo/dynohub/alternator
how much pollution free energy could we produce?

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net
post #7 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

In article <pan.2004.02.26.14.28.31.851104@nospam.nospam>, John
Hearns <john@nospam.nospam> wrote:
> :-) Cue Sandy sitting all day at a computer screen watching little
> :dots inch around the island.

> It could work though. Cover the island with a wireless 802.11b network. Fix GPS and palmtop
> computers to the bikes.

This sounds good to me - where could I get a grant?

--
A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.millport.net
post #8 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:35:19 GMT, Simon Brooke <simon@jasmine.org.uk>
wrote:

Another vote for Tip-Top - in my opinion the best patches out there.

I've not used them on the bike but had no problems with them on car, van, wagon & tractor tubes -
and when you stick an 8" patch on one of them, you really get to like the glue
--
Comm again, Mike.
post #9 of 9

Re: CURE-C-CURE patches

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:44:36 -0000, Simian
<Simian@in_valid.semi-evolved.org> wrote:

Sandy Morton wrote: )> )> However as an alternative source of energy if every hiring bicycle )>
:had a dynamo/dynohub/alternator how much pollution free energy could )> we produce? ) )Absolutely
:none; there's no such thing.

Quite true - there's no such thing as pollution ! Like there's no dirt, muck or anything else - it's
all the right things but in the wrong places !
--
Comm again, Mike.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: