or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

post #1 of 78
When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".

Now he seems almost normal. I hardly ever see the limp wrist anymore and he's almost rid himself of
the rest of the character as well.

My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when he
first started appearing on TV?

-sw
post #2 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

Steve Wertz wrote:

> When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
> mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".

Don't you mean New Yawk accent?

> My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
> he first started appearing on TV?

He always seemed straight to me. I *think* he was married before, but I could be wrong about that.
He's got a fiancee, Stephanie March.

nuff said.

nancy
post #3 of 78

"Steve Wertz" <swertz@cluemail.com.invalid.gov> wrote in message
> When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
> mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".
>
> Now he seems almost normal. I hardly ever see the limp wrist anymore and he's almost rid himself
> of the rest of the character as well.
>
> My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
> he first started appearing on TV?
>
> -sw

I see lots of effeminate men arm-in-arm with women, many pushing baby carriages. Your mistake is to
assume that effeminate = gay.
post #4 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

>When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
>mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".
>
>Now he seems almost normal. I hardly ever see the limp wrist anymore and he's almost rid himself of
>the rest of the character as well.
>
>My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when he
>first started appearing on TV?
>
>-sw

Why does it even matter? ~Kat

What did my hands do before they held you? Sylvia Plath (1932 - 1963)
post #5 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

"Steve Wertz" <swertz@cluemail.com.invalid.gov> wrote in message
> When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
> mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".
>
> Now he seems almost normal. I hardly ever see the limp wrist anymore and he's almost rid himself
> of the rest of the character as well.
>
> My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
> he first started appearing on TV?
>
> -sw

And if he was ... ?

Felice
post #6 of 78

Vox Humana wrote:

> I see lots of effeminate men arm-in-arm with women, many pushing baby carriages. Your mistake is
> to assume that effeminate = gay.

Definitely, or that masculine = straight.

nancy
post #7 of 78

Jarkat2002 wrote:

> >My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
> >he first started appearing on TV?

> Why does it even matter?

True, it goes without saying, who cares one way or another.

nancy
post #8 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:49:41 -0500, Nancy Young
<qwerty@mail.monmouth.com> wrote:

>Don't you mean New Yawk accent?

No, I mean the sissy accent.

>> My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
>> he first started appearing on TV?
>
>He always seemed straight to me. I *think* he was married before, but I could be wrong about that.
>He's got a fiancee, Stephanie March.

This is now, I was talking about in the past.

-sw
post #9 of 78

"Nancy Young" <qwerty@mail.monmouth.com> wrote in message
> Vox Humana wrote:
>
> > I see lots of effeminate men arm-in-arm with women, many pushing baby carriages. Your mistake is
> > to assume that effeminate = gay.
>
> Definitely, or that masculine = straight.
>
> nancy

or that masculine is superior to feminine.
post #10 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:03:22 GMT, "Vox Humana"
<vhumana@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I see lots of effeminate men arm-in-arm with women, many pushing baby carriages. Your mistake is to
>assume that effeminate = gay.

Ahem. I never mentioned any of that. He never used to have women on his show, nor babies in
carriages.

-sw
post #11 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

On 01 Mar 2004 18:14:49 GMT, jarkat2002@aol.comyowza (Jarkat2002)
wrote:

>Why does it even matter?

<yawn> I guess I should have expected lame responses like this. But since you mention it, I
think that all faggots should be lined up and shot and shoveled into a hole in the ground just
like the Jews.

Is that what you wanted to hear? I thought so.

-sw
post #12 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:23:12 GMT, "Felice Friese"
<friese@comcast.net> wrote:

>And if he was ... ?

Gotta love the misplaced mentality of the people of rfc.

Did I say there was anything wrong with being gay? Did you ever stop to consider that maybe I'm gay?

Didn't think so.

-sw
post #13 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

Steve Wertz <swertz@cluemail.com.invalid.gov> deliciously posted in

> When the Bobby Flay first appeared on TV, he , to me at least, appeared to be gay. Limp-wristed
> mannerisms, that gay accent, and other things that just made me go "uh-huh".
>
> Now he seems almost normal. I hardly ever see the limp wrist anymore and he's almost rid himself
> of the rest of the character as well.
>
> My brother insists that he never acted gay at all. Is it just me, or was he indeed a flamer when
> he first started appearing on TV?
>
> -sw

I've always had the impression he is a neanderthal. Not a gay thing about him that I can see.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
post #14 of 78

> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:03:22 GMT, "Vox Humana" <vhumana@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I see lots of effeminate men arm-in-arm with women, many pushing baby carriages. Your mistake is
> >to assume that effeminate = gay.
>
> Ahem. I never mentioned any of that. He never used to have women on his show, nor babies in
> carriages.

That makes no difference. Effeminate behavior was given as a reason to think he was gay. I merely
point out that there are effeminate straight people. Get it? Your logic is faulty.
post #15 of 78

Re: Bobby Flay - was gay, now straight?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:30:34 GMT, "Vox Humana"
<vhumana@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That makes no difference. Effeminate behavior was given as a reason to think he was gay. I merely
>point out that there are effeminate straight people. Get it?

95% of the men who act as I describe are indeed gay. If you want to call the effeminate, then fine.
95% of the effeminate men are gay.

Pushing a baby carriage does not make one effeminate. Are you implying that most men who don't hug
and kiss their female friends are not gay?

-sw
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food and nutrition