RR - Beat that mountain into submission - (short)

Trentus

Guest
What an amazing ride. Warm Autumn day, took the top off just before I reached the river crossing,
Damn the water was deeper than expected, I got my feet wet, oh well they'll dry.

Now came that one mountain trail I'd never conquered. Today would be different, I could sense it.

Into the lowest gear and slowly edged toward the base. Then away I went, I thought the top would
never arive, but gradually it inched closer. I lost traction just momentarily. Oops, Concentrate
Trentus, Concentrate like mad - , look ahead for the best line, don't stuff up this attempt by
losing traction on the bad surfaces, pick your line.

The concentration was killing me, but so far my legs were fine. The sweat began to bead ever so
slightly from the concentration, but I knew that today this mountain would be mine.

I crested the top, onto the flat, I'd done it, I continued along to the edge of the mountain to
enjoy the view. I looked back down the trail I'd just ridden up, and thought about how amazingly
steep and rough it was. How amazing it felt to now be at the top of it. Last time I'd walked up this
section. This time I rode up it!!!

Rain was now starting to look like a possibility, so I put the top back on the Suzuki Sierra I'd
just ridden up the mountain in, and I headed back down and home, and as I arrived in the garage I
looked at the bike gathering dust and though, "Thank God for 4WD's, Riding is for suckers! "

Now where should I take the 4WD tomorrow? After all the floor mats dry from the too deep river
crossing that is.

{;->} Trentus

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:42:21 +1000, "Trentus" <[email protected]> wrote:

>What an amazing ride. Warm Autumn day, took the top off just before I reached the river crossing,
>Damn the water was deeper than expected, I got my feet wet, oh well they'll dry.
>
>Now came that one mountain trail I'd never conquered. Today would be different, I could sense it.
>
>Into the lowest gear and slowly edged toward the base. Then away I went, I thought the top would
>never arive, but gradually it inched closer. I lost traction just momentarily. Oops, Concentrate
>Trentus, Concentrate like mad - , look ahead for the best line, don't stuff up this attempt by
>losing traction on the bad surfaces, pick your line.
>
>The concentration was killing me, but so far my legs were fine. The sweat began to bead ever so
>slightly from the concentration, but I knew that today this mountain would be mine.
>
>I crested the top, onto the flat, I'd done it, I continued along to the edge of the mountain to
>enjoy the view. I looked back down the trail I'd just ridden up, and thought about how amazingly
>steep and rough it was. How amazing it felt to now be at the top of it. Last time I'd walked up
>this section. This time I rode up it!!!
>
>Rain was now starting to look like a possibility, so I put the top back on the Suzuki Sierra I'd
>just ridden up the mountain in, and I headed back down and home, and as I arrived in the garage I
>looked at the bike gathering dust and though, "Thank God for 4WD's, Riding is for suckers! "
>
>Now where should I take the 4WD tomorrow? After all the floor mats dry from the too deep river
>crossing that is.
>
>{;->} Trentus

SISSY!

That's just not right. But you knew that already.