Speaking of Pork, Sort of OT

FOB

Guest
I was eating some pork rinds a couple of days ago--Meijers has some
excellent vinegar and salt flavored ones--and my kitty Fuji was sniffing
around interestedly so I broke off a little piece and gave it to her. Pork
rinds are now her favorite treat. My other cat isn't interested in them at
all. It is kind of strange because Fuji doesn't like much in the way of
people food, but she sure likes pork rinds.

"FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was eating some pork rinds a couple of days ago--Meijers has some
> excellent vinegar and salt flavored ones--and my kitty Fuji was sniffing
> around interestedly so I broke off a little piece and gave it to her.
> Pork
> rinds are now her favorite treat. My other cat isn't interested in them
> at
> all. It is kind of strange because Fuji doesn't like much in the way of
> people food, but she sure likes pork rinds.

Rinds rule, mostly (I've had some nasty ones).

"FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was eating some pork rinds a couple of days ago--Meijers has some
> excellent vinegar and salt flavored ones--and my kitty Fuji was sniffing
> around interestedly so I broke off a little piece and gave it to her.

Pork
> rinds are now her favorite treat. My other cat isn't interested in them

at
> all. It is kind of strange because Fuji doesn't like much in the way of
> people food, but she sure likes pork rinds.

Meijer's has all kinds of good flavors of rinds, don't they :). If it
weren't for them I'd
have lost interest in rinds long ago.

I will have to see if my cat Bruce likes them...

--
Sherry
364/293/195 (4/3/05)

These Meijer brand ones are excellent, light and crispy with just a faint
vinegar flavor. They also have barbecue flavor which are pretty good but I
like the vinegar ones better. Meijers is a midwest chain that started in
Michigan, they are in several states now, they are a big everything kind of
store, similar to the Walmarts that have groceries. They run some
commercials where people are taste testing Meijer brand products against
more expensive brands, the testers always say they taste the same and then
the ads wrapup saying the only difference is the price. The cutest one is a
small girl tasting spinach, after each taste she says yuck and makes a face.

In news:[email protected],
Roger Zoul <[email protected]> stated

| Rinds rule, mostly (I've had some nasty ones).

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I was eating some pork rinds a couple of days ago--Meijers has some
> excellent vinegar and salt flavored ones--and my kitty Fuji was sniffing
> around interestedly so I broke off a little piece and gave it to her. Pork
> rinds are now her favorite treat. My other cat isn't interested in them at
> all. It is kind of strange because Fuji doesn't like much in the way of
> people food, but she sure likes pork rinds.

So do ants, believe it or not :) I was eating some in bed (BAD
Saffire!) and fell asleep with the open bag leaning against the wall
(and the light still on). When I woke up a few hours later (wincing
against the left-on light), I noticed the bag ... and then noticed a
trail of ants going INTO and out of the bag mere inches from my HEAD --
YUCK!!! No more pork rinds in bed for ME!

Interestingly, ants don't seem to care for my homemade low-carb
chocolate candy. Apparently they DO know the difference between Splenda
(and erythritol) and sugar.

--
Saffire
205/134/125

*** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

There are different kinds of ants, some are sugar eaters and others are fat
eaters. You must have some fat eating ants.

In news:[email protected],
Saffire <[email protected]> stated

FOB wrote:
:: There are different kinds of ants, some are sugar eaters and others
:: are fat eaters. You must have some fat eating ants.

Interesting. I was amazed when I saw ants attacking (ie, eating) a dead
cockroach.