A novel way for geeks to raise money for a cycling team.

On 2006-08-30, Friday (aka Bruce)
> Students raise money for cycling team.
>
> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2006/bike-jerseys.html

One guy who won the Turing Award? What, did he prove to a computer
that he was a human? ;)

--
TimC
DISCLAIMER: THIS DISCLAIMER IS NOT REQUIRED BY LEADER KIBO. THIS ARTICLE

On 2006-08-31, Terryc (aka Bruce)
> Friday wrote:
>> Students raise money for cycling team.
>>
>> http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2006/bike-jerseys.html

> No, it isn't novel or original or even interesting.
> It is the sort of thing that anyone who does club/assn/org fund raising
> should already have in their ideas book.

Get the local Nobel Laureates to sign your goods?

--
TimC
Ride by the freeway

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-08-31, Terryc (aka Bruce)
>
>>Friday wrote:
>>
>>>Students raise money for cycling team.
>>>
>>>http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2006/bike-jerseys.html

>>No, it isn't novel or original or even interesting.
>>It is the sort of thing that anyone who does club/assn/org fund raising
>>should already have in their ideas book.

> Get the local Nobel Laureates to sign your goods?

More generic "get some "famous" personality to sign something,
e.g. our area has produced a few olympic/games medal winners, plus
one of the socceroos is local, etc, etc, etc

Terryc wrote:
> TimC wrote:
>
>>On 2006-08-31, Terryc (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>>No, it isn't novel or original or even interesting.
>>>It is the sort of thing that anyone who does club/assn/org fund raising
>>>should already have in their ideas book.

>>Get the local Nobel Laureates to sign your goods?

> More generic "get some "famous" personality to sign something,
> e.g. our area has produced a few olympic/games medal winners, plus
> one of the socceroos is local, etc, etc, etc

I'm proud to say that I managed to get one of the shirts. Being a nerd
from wayback I couldn't help myself. Sports stars are a dime a dozen but
Nobel prize winners are a rarity, (around here anyway.)

Friday

Terryc said:
Get the local Nobel Laureates to sign your goods?
More generic "get some "famous" personality to sign something,
e.g. our area has produced a few olympic/games medal winners, plus
one of the socceroos is local, etc, etc, etc

anyone for wine glasses 'singed' by Gary Neiwand.... ??