Warranty question?

Jane

Guest
OK so we brought a
http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ShogunJunior/Sabre.html
for our daughter's 7th birthday back in April and she get on really well
with it. Have been up in Dyfi and other local forests as well as a lot
of use on the farm.
We now have a problem though and I want to get it checked out, although
I did buy it from a LBS I have no confidence in it. My local lbs is good
though, (I went to a falcon dealer) can my lbs do the work or would it
have to go back to the shop I got it from??

ttfn
Jane

"Jane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK so we brought a
> http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ShogunJunior/Sabre.html
> for our daughter's 7th birthday back in April and she get on really well
> with it. Have been up in Dyfi and other local forests as well as a lot of
> use on the farm.
> We now have a problem though and I want to get it checked out, although I
> did buy it from a LBS I have no confidence in it. My local lbs is good
> though, (I went to a falcon dealer) can my lbs do the work or would it
> have to go back to the shop I got it from??

Back to the Falcon dealer if its warranty work.

"Jane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK so we brought a
> http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ShogunJunior/Sabre.html
> for our daughter's 7th birthday back in April and she get on really well
> with it. Have been up in Dyfi and other local forests as well as a lot of
> use on the farm.
> We now have a problem though and I want to get it checked out, although I
> did buy it from a LBS I have no confidence in it. My local lbs is good
> though, (I went to a falcon dealer) can my lbs do the work or would it
> have to go back to the shop I got it from??

It's highly unlikely your lbs would do the work under warranty. After all,
would you expect a Sony dealer to repair Bush tv under warranty?
But why not ask *them*?

In article <[email protected]>
Jane <[email protected]> wrote:
> OK so we brought a
> http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ShogunJunior/Sabre.html
> for our daughter's 7th birthday back in April and she get on really well
> with it. Have been up in Dyfi and other local forests as well as a lot
> of use on the farm.
> We now have a problem though and I want to get it checked out, although
> I did buy it from a LBS I have no confidence in it. My local lbs is good
> though, (I went to a falcon dealer) can my lbs do the work or would it
> have to go back to the shop I got it from??

What sort of problem?
Legally the retailer is responsible - if your good LBS isn't a Falcon
dealer they probably won't be able to get any parts needed as warranty
replacements, and labour costs generally aren't chargeable to the
manufacturer/distributor anyway.

"Jane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK so we brought a
> http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/ShogunJunior/Sabre.html
> for our daughter's 7th birthday back in April and she get on really well
> with it. Have been up in Dyfi and other local forests as well as a lot
> of use on the farm.
> We now have a problem though and I want to get it checked out, although
> I did buy it from a LBS I have no confidence in it. My local lbs is good
> though, (I went to a falcon dealer) can my lbs do the work or would it
> have to go back to the shop I got it from??

Your contract under the Sales of Goods Act is with the shop that you bought
it from. If it is a warranty issue, you need to take it back to them. If
anyone else fiddles with it and you subsequently take it back to them, you
are liable to have your warranty voided. Your prefered lbs will also charge
you for what should be free, under the warranty.

Even if it was outside the warranty period, you should expect that anything
that you buy should be servicable for a 'reasonable' period. So, if your
warranty was 1 year, and the bike frame failed outside that, but within a
period that you would reasonably expect it to last, you would have a claim
against the shop that sold it to you.

--
Dave Lloyd
So open minded, my brains dribbled out.

Jane wrote:
> can my lbs do the work or would it
> have to go back to the shop I got it from??

Err, why don't you 'phone your LBS and ask them? You never know, they
might have a deal with Falcon.